Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

**19" Work Equips Availible For A Limited Time**

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-04, 07:50 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by redgs4
Just read the other thread talking about the end of the equip and Derrick mentioned new models coming out soon. I'd love to see what the new models from Work and other companies are like before I pull the trigger. What's the news from SEMA?
Red,

Chrome: I have to be honest too, the deep nature of Cinnabun () just calls out for chrome. The Equip is such a simple wheel that it will not look like a "Pimp My Ride" mobile

Weight: I will get exact specs, but yesterday I test fit a 20x8.5 chrome Equip on one of my customers cars LS430s, and that baby was light! My Technik is about 27lbs (hi disk has more mass in the center) and it felt equal or lighter!

New Styles: WORK does not introduce new styles until Tokyo Auto Salon (TAS) which is in January. Also these wheels are severely discounted (Retail on Silver is approx 4200), but I just wanted to give CL'ers a chance to pick up a classic wheel. (I can already hear the "I shoulda ordered those before they stopped production" cries!! LOL).

Its very sad, but the bling bling market is so profitable, that many JDM companies are falling victim. WORK is going to make a 26" chrome wheel AutoCouture is going to have 26" and 27"!! So I have no idea what direction WORK is going in as far as wheel design goes.
Old 11-07-04, 09:49 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Neo
Best I can do on short notice. Sorry no brakes but you get the idea.

OMG!!!!! ......as good as that pic looks can u imagine the 14" inchers behind those fronts and rears!!!! dude please..
Old 11-07-04, 10:13 AM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Neo
Wow, Neo - That looks great! Decisions, Decisions.

I'm in the middle of upgrading bits and pieces of my home theater system. Another reason I expect to be short on funds -- of course the home theater stuff can wait cause it will always be there. I did just pick up a Velodyne DD10 subwoofer [very tricked out unit] and was getting in queue for the new Anthem preamp-pro/7 channel amp combo.

Last edited by redgs4; 11-07-04 at 10:14 AM.
Old 11-07-04, 10:16 AM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RED.... get those wheels... you see that pic... WOW looks really good...
Old 11-07-04, 11:47 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Thanks for the info, Derrick. I confess a weakness for the chrome although I would probably go for the silver. Not sure on funds or employment - should have better vision in a few weeks. I have a bad habit of spending in the face of financial trouble.
man you say that every time there seems to be a "crisis" but look at your car, it's doing fine! just do it, works are great, and at this price, you can't complain at all
Old 11-07-04, 11:48 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Senior Moderator

Originally posted by Neo

gosh, neo, that's it man, red, you know it now!

and about chrome and silver. dunno, it's just me, but i am never ever a fan of chrome, so for me it's silver all the way. silver is stronger and knowing red, he's not the type of person asking for spotlight
Old 11-07-04, 12:19 PM
ddarbs55
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by GS400kid
go for it chris

sorry..this is off topic
i know these were porsche only WORK
but i wonder will they start custom make them??
Those look very similar to the Work Termist which i believe will fit the GS?
-d.
Old 11-07-04, 04:50 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by rominl
gosh, neo, that's it man, red, you know it now!

and about chrome and silver. dunno, it's just me, but i am never ever a fan of chrome, so for me it's silver all the way. silver is stronger and knowing red, he's not the type of person asking for spotlight
i think if it were lexani or zenneti or giovana chrome that we could say he's asking for spotlight but with most real jdm wheels the center is chrome and the lips r polished w/ clearcoat which tones down the blingingness(might not b a real word ) and lets u enjoy the chrome center design. so you see the full representation of the wheels as opposed to a big piece of chrome rolling through the hood. plus this simple 5 spoke design like my wheel will flow with his tuner looking car with his huge monster brakes...if u'r not going to do chrome or hi-polish than i would say do brushed alluminum silver as opposed to flat silver for that vibriant red.
Old 11-07-04, 09:45 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

man you say that every time there seems to be a "crisis" but look at your car, it's doing fine! just do it, works are great, and at this price, you can't complain at all
Ok, how's this for crisis -- In our R&D group, 3 tech managers and a director let go last week. Two other directors placed on special assignment. More announcements about reducing management layers and increasing the reporting ratios. FUD is high. And this is after surviving a 50% - 60% headcount reduction over the last 3 years.

On the other hand, bonuses should be pretty good for those that remain. Most of that -should- be set aside for the inevitable rainy day. But as I mentioned, when I feel the worst I compensate by buying toys.

Last edited by redgs4; 11-07-04 at 09:51 PM.
Old 11-07-04, 10:08 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Senior Moderator

Originally posted by bluelex
i think if it were lexani or zenneti or giovana chrome that we could say he's asking for spotlight but with most real jdm wheels the center is chrome and the lips r polished w/ clearcoat which tones down the blingingness(might not b a real word ) and lets u enjoy the chrome center design. so you see the full representation of the wheels as opposed to a big piece of chrome rolling through the hood. plus this simple 5 spoke design like my wheel will flow with his tuner looking car with his huge monster brakes...if u'r not going to do chrome or hi-polish than i would say do brushed alluminum silver as opposed to flat silver for that vibriant red.
i know what you talking about adrian, and i totally understand too it's just me not being a chrome person, that's why there aren't really much bling bling on my car when i got my hre i thought about hi polished, but after much debate and thinking, i figured silver is probably a better option for me

oh and yes, brushed, yummy!
Old 11-07-04, 10:09 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Senior Moderator

Ok, how's this for crisis -- In our R&D group, 3 tech managers and a director let go last week. Two other directors placed on special assignment. More announcements about reducing management layers and increasing the reporting ratios. FUD is high. And this is after surviving a 50% - 60% headcount reduction over the last 3 years.

On the other hand, bonuses should be pretty good for those that remain. Most of that -should- be set aside for the inevitable rainy day. But as I mentioned, when I feel the worst I compensate by buying toys.
man i know what it's like, the 4th quarter isn't going to be pretty from what i have read so far... it's going to suck.... and in our company we have 4 forced vacation days, man.....

so like i said before, good luck to you, and i am sure we all look forward to your new wheels!
Old 11-07-04, 10:13 PM
Lexus GS3
Trouble Maker

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Excellent price, sweet looking wheels, and excellent JDM wheels manufacturing company that i would not let it pass by. BUt here is my opinion. Why would you want to buy a set of wheels that are gonna be discontinue? What if you accidently ran over a pot hole and bent one of the wheels, or what if you get into an accident and you damage your wheels? It will be very very difficult to replaced. I would wait until january and see the new designs WORK will be introducing. It just 2 months from now. =)

Tommy

Derrick: i'm not trying to ruin your group buy.. i juss wanted to express my opinions

Last edited by Lexus GS3; 11-07-04 at 10:14 PM.
Old 11-07-04, 11:36 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Senior Moderator

Originally posted by Lexus GS3
Excellent price, sweet looking wheels, and excellent JDM wheels manufacturing company that i would not let it pass by. BUt here is my opinion. Why would you want to buy a set of wheels that are gonna be discontinue? What if you accidently ran over a pot hole and bent one of the wheels, or what if you get into an accident and you damage your wheels? It will be very very difficult to replaced. I would wait until january and see the new designs WORK will be introducing. It just 2 months from now. =)

Tommy

Derrick: i'm not trying to ruin your group buy.. i juss wanted to express my opinions
that's some very good points there tommy, no one can argue

though here in norcal we have a shop so good, they can probably make a piece of sheet metal into a wheel well not that anyone would wanna use it, but i know a lot of members here have used them, including me
Old 11-08-04, 06:30 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

that's some very good points there tommy, no one can argue

though here in norcal we have a shop so good, they can probably make a piece of sheet metal into a wheel well not that anyone would wanna use it, but i know a lot of members here have used them, including me
i agree with Rom, u guys have a great shop there that did RMMGS4's wheels and r doing pandas too. so they can pretty much fix anything. imo i rather have a classic wheel that noone can get anymore rather than a new wheel on the market that anyone can get. especially if u can get them for a great price do to them being the last sets to come out..
Old 11-08-04, 08:50 AM
KVA
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

man i know what it's like, the 4th quarter isn't going to be pretty from what i have read so far... it's going to suck.... and in our company we have 4 forced vacation days, man.....

so like i said before, good luck to you, and i am sure we all look forward to your new wheels!
It's the same everywhere...my company we be looking good if we ONLY lose $280M this year...that's after the 60% FTE reduction.

Quick Reply: **19" Work Equips Availible For A Limited Time**