Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

**19" Work Equips Availible For A Limited Time**

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-04, 02:52 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Lexus GS3
Excellent price, sweet looking wheels, and excellent JDM wheels manufacturing company that i would not let it pass by. BUt here is my opinion. Why would you want to buy a set of wheels that are gonna be discontinue? What if you accidently ran over a pot hole and bent one of the wheels, or what if you get into an accident and you damage your wheels? It will be very very difficult to replaced. I would wait until january and see the new designs WORK will be introducing. It just 2 months from now. =)

Tommy

Derrick: i'm not trying to ruin your group buy.. i juss wanted to express my opinions
Hey Tommy, no harm no foul some others may agree. Here is my thought process on buying a soon to be discontinued wheel. If it is a multipiece wheel, then the options for repair/re-finishing are far greater than with single piece. The wheel can be disassembled, sent out etc. As Rom and others mentioned, there are numerous shops that can repair a wheel that's nearly square!!! LOL

Also, I place the Equip on the same plane as the ever so missed Zauber Gettin, so I simply thought it may be beneficial to offer some "lead time" and allow people to order some wheels that they may have always wanted. This is why I worked out the special pricing with WORK as well.

I hope people are able to take advantage of this one!

-Derrick
Old 11-08-04, 03:10 PM
GSing430
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

i guess this includes my Rezaxx II??....
Old 11-08-04, 04:22 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by GSing430
i guess this includes my Rezaxx II??....
If you mean disassembly, then yes the Resax can be repaired. If you meant discontinued, then no, I received no word of the resax being discontinued
Old 11-10-04, 10:11 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, the rims just passed the wife test. I just happened to have a shot of the Equip's on the computer and commented on how nice they looked. She asked how much. I told her. She asked, per wheel? Nope, for the set. And this set in motion the "what are you going to do for me if I let you get these rims" train of thought. So far so good.
Old 11-10-04, 10:12 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by redgs4
Ok, the rims just passed the wife test. I just happened to have a shot of the Equip's on the computer and commented on how nice they looked. She asked how much. I told her. She asked, per wheel? Nope, for the set. And this set in motion the "what are you going to do for me if I let you get these rims" train of thought. So far so good.
Old 11-10-04, 10:14 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

And after looking at all the SEMA pics and every wheel place I could find on the net, I have concluded that the Work Equips are just really, really, really cool. None of the new rims inspire me although there are some really nice ones.
Old 11-10-04, 10:14 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

thats always a good sign ...
Old 11-11-04, 03:49 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

LOL trust me, getting past the "wife" is the biggest step, good luck with your overall choice!
Old 11-11-04, 06:25 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

So... Do we have 4 other buyers that have already passed the wife test? I'm not buying 5 sets of equips on my own.
Old 11-11-04, 06:29 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

well i am sure a trip to santana row would do the trick
Old 11-11-04, 06:46 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

So... Do we have 4 other buyers that have already passed the wife test? I'm not buying 5 sets of equips on my own.
I am waiting on a order form from a guy that I emailed it to yesterday. With him its just 2
Old 11-11-04, 08:20 PM
Rexdr
Pole Position

Originally posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
I am waiting on a order form from a guy that I emailed it to yesterday. With him its just 2
It's me. For those of you who haven't seen me much (because I don't post that much I just bought my car 2 weeks ago) is because I've just been lurking for about 4-5 hours a day in here. I don't have much to brag about yet . Derrick, the order form is in my email account @ work, and I have the day off today, but I'll have it to you tomorrow. So, PLEASE guys let's get into this group buy. I NEED to have these wheels . Derrick has been cool to work with, and I've seen his credibility with many on this forum, which is very good. I had Darden photoshop these wheels on the same color car as mine before I knew they were going to be discontinued. I'm getting them in silver though to blend with the rest of the car. If anyone can re-photoshop this pic with the silver wheels, I'd appreciated. If not, it's cool. Oh, BTW, I passed the wife test too.
Attached Thumbnails **19" Work Equips Availible For A Limited Time**-silverwork.jpg  

Last edited by Rexdr; 11-11-04 at 08:21 PM.
Old 11-11-04, 09:04 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Rexdr
It's me. For those of you who haven't seen me much (because I don't post that much I just bought my car 2 weeks ago) is because I've just been lurking for about 4-5 hours a day in here. I don't have much to brag about yet . Derrick, the order form is in my email account @ work, and I have the day off today, but I'll have it to you tomorrow. So, PLEASE guys let's get into this group buy. I NEED to have these wheels . Derrick has been cool to work with, and I've seen his credibility with many on this forum, which is very good. I had Darden photoshop these wheels on the same color car as mine before I knew they were going to be discontinued. I'm getting them in silver though to blend with the rest of the car. If anyone can re-photoshop this pic with the silver wheels, I'd appreciated. If not, it's cool. Oh, BTW, I passed the wife test too.
Looks nice. So between the two of us we each need to buy 2.5 sets of Equips. Numbers are getting better! Where in California are you?
Old 11-12-04, 02:40 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Looks nice. So between the two of us we each need to buy 2.5 sets of Equips. Numbers are getting better! Where in California are you?
LOL, I'm loving all of these "wife" approval processes as well!
Old 11-12-04, 03:55 AM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

aww damn...I really wish I had the $$ now...I just dropped a huge load on another set of wheels.....these work equips are my favorite of the work wheels.

Quick Reply: **19" Work Equips Availible For A Limited Time**