Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

LuxLink Remote Start & Sense-O-Shock Alarm - Group Buy for 98 up GS

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-04, 11:26 AM
ARISTO*7
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Lyrical
I know this has been asked....but just wanted to verify something on the range....

The range would be the same as the factory alarm we have on the lexus right now right?
Is there anyway to boost it? Becuase i have to stand about 10feet within my lexus to get it to work
i have the same problem with my gs. might sound funny but when i put the remote up to my chin, it gives me like another 5-10 feet range.
Old 11-14-04, 11:29 AM
alredxiii
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Luxury Motorworks
Regular prices are as follows:

Starter
Online $249 - Retail Store $399

Alarm
Online $$150 - Retail Store $200

Some great prices...thank you for the reply back
Old 11-14-04, 12:37 PM
RayGS3
Lexus Test Driver

Cool...finally it's here

Pm sent JoeZ
Old 11-14-04, 12:48 PM
Lyrical
Lead Lap

Originally posted by Luxury Motorworks
That is correct - This unit will not change the range of the key. Have you tried replacing the battery? or Asking Lexus if there is something wrong with your key range?

Also - do both your keyes have the same problem? 10 feet is very short.. I am able to Start my IS from 13th floors up, with a clear view of my car.

Joe Z
Well, i guess the key is kind of old...probably around 4 years....Do you know the life expectancy for the key battery/which battery the key uses? If the battery is inexpensive, i'll try replacing it...If that still doesn't work, i'll head to Lexus to see if i can get anything done to it....

I'm really interested in buying one of these...The installation seems simple enough. Don't have to bother with all those wires like on the Valet system...Hopefully, if i can fix the range on the key, i'll be purchasing one

Thanks..
Old 11-14-04, 01:36 PM
Luxury Motorworks
Driver

Well, i guess the key is kind of old...probably around 4 years....Do you know the life expectancy for the key battery/which battery the key uses? If the battery is inexpensive, i'll try replacing it...If that still doesn't work, i'll head to Lexus to see if i can get anything done to it....

I'm really interested in buying one of these...The installation seems simple enough. Don't have to bother with all those wires like on the Valet system...Hopefully, if i can fix the range on the key, i'll be purchasing one

Thanks..
OK - My suggestion to you is to open your master key. There is a tiny screw on one side of the key, once you remove that, you will be able to get inside the key to the battery. Its about the size of a nickel. Some keys take different size batteries. Once you deem the required size, the best thing to do is to head to RadioShack or your nearest electronics or camera store and they will have the replacement battery size for sure. It can't be more than $8 to $12 bucks.
This MAY and should increase the range on your remote. If that doesn't work, then maybe Lexus can help.

Joe Z

Last edited by Luxury Motorworks; 11-14-04 at 01:41 PM.
Old 11-14-04, 02:28 PM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

do you have anything for the SC?

CEO
Old 11-14-04, 03:08 PM
Luxury Motorworks
Driver

Originally posted by THE_CEO
do you have anything for the SC?

CEO
Originally posted by Luxury MotorWorks
IN THE WEEKS TO FOLLOW WE WILL HAVE ADDITIONAL GROUP BUYS FOR OTHER LEXUS MODELS LIKE THE SC, IS, LS, etc….
We do have them available, but the current GB price is set for the GS Models. We will have more GB's in the weeks to follow.

Thank You

Joe Z
Old 11-14-04, 03:14 PM
Stealther
Lead Lap

I'm interested, but wonder about the installation. Please send me the installation instructions for my '99 GS400. Stealther@gmail.com

Thanks!
Old 11-14-04, 06:37 PM
Samchu329
Pole Position

Originally posted by Stealther
I'm interested, but wonder about the installation. Please send me the installation instructions for my '99 GS400. Stealther@gmail.com

Thanks!

Me too, please
blackgs329@yahoo.com
Old 11-14-04, 09:22 PM
daveyB14
Rookie

Originally posted by ARISTO*7
i have the same problem with my gs. might sound funny but when i put the remote up to my chin, it gives me like another 5-10 feet range.
Have a lot of gold teeth?
Old 11-14-04, 09:29 PM
daveyB14
Rookie

I know this has been asked....but just wanted to verify something on the range....

The range would be the same as the factory alarm we have on the lexus right now right?
Is there anyway to boost it? Becuase i have to stand about 10feet within my lexus to get it to work
If you have an older Lexus, then that seems about right. It even states in my owners manual that you have to be within a couple of meters for the key fob to work.
Old 11-14-04, 10:01 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

just want to give a heads up to everyone about LMW. they are bunch of great guys, and are very helpful. they isntalled both the luxlink and the sense-o-shock on my gs4 and i have been very happy with the stuff gs guys, jump on this!
Old 11-15-04, 06:40 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 292 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally posted by rominl
just want to give a heads up to everyone about LMW. they are bunch of great guys, and are very helpful. they isntalled both the luxlink and the sense-o-shock on my gs4 and i have been very happy with the stuff gs guys, jump on this!
I would have jumped on this but the timing is just not right for me personally right now.
Old 11-15-04, 11:57 AM
RayGS3
Lexus Test Driver

Is there any development on the video installation instruction for 98+ GS?
Old 11-15-04, 01:53 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Is there a GB price for Stage 2, and Stage 3 of the Senso -Shock Alarm? Or is this GB only for Stage 1?

Can you adjust the sensitivity in Stage 1?

Pete

Quick Reply: LuxLink Remote Start & Sense-O-Shock Alarm - Group Buy for 98 up GS