Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

My great experience with Darrel @ Sewell

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-05, 07:17 AM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts
Default My great experience with Darrel @ Sewell

Just wanted to share with everyone what to expect from this vendor when a problem arises... This is the same great service and communication Darrel has provided through all my purchases thus far. Here is my e-mail to him this morning and his fast reply...

Sent: Monday, January 03, 2005 7:08 AM
To: Darrel Diller
Subject: New Wheels and Tires
Darrel, I had my new wheels and tires mounted and installed Sat. and there are 2 problems.

1. 1 wheel has 2 gouges in the metal from the factory. The installer noticed them and said definitely a factory defect because both gouges were painted over by the factory… IE, no physical damage was evident and gouges were there before paint was added to the wheel.
2. 1 Tire has a factory defect in the sidewall and would not hold air. It is an actual hole in the side wall… Looks like rip or tear but again no obvious damage to the tire around the hole… they said it might be possible it was damaged during shipping but it really did look like a factory defect since there is no obvious scuffing or rubbing visible around the opening.

This wheel and tire will end up being my spare so I need to make a change also. I had not thought about it but using the pilot sport as a spare is not going to work because it is directional… so I would like to send back both the defective wheel and tire and have you ship me a new wheel with some unidirectional tire mounted, same size as the current setup.

Let me know if this is a good way to handle all this.

Thanks In Advance
John Leto

John,

I will have a wheel and tire sent to you today (with an Michelin). The UPS tracking number will be 1Z2527X80354194705 and will be available for tracking later this evening. In the meantime, I have contacted UPS to pick-up the defective wheel and tire assembly.
With best regards,
Darrel Diller
Sewell Lexus of Dallas
www.lexus-parts.com
6421 Lemmon Avenue
Dallas, TX 75209
(866) 770-3099 ext: 2826
(214) 353-2826
(214) 350-5398 Fax
ddiller@sewell.com
Old 01-17-05, 04:10 PM
no2faber
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah i asked a question on their site late at night and i got a reply within 2 hrs. i'm about to order a repair manual from them.
Old 01-24-05, 10:14 AM
no2faber
Lead Lap

great great customer service!
i ordered the SC repair manual from them (cheapest deal i could find), and they accidentally shipped the repair manual to the billing address rather than the shipping address. it would of meant an unnecessary trip for me so i called them just to inform them on the mistake.
they told me they would refund me the full shipping amount--i didn't even really argue, they just offered.
today i checked my email and my credit card account and not only did they refund me the $15 shipping they also managed to re-route the package to the correct shipping address, which i know from calling other customer services is a PITA.
so i highly recommend them for business for their service and prices!
Old 01-24-05, 07:09 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

I've ordered parts from Darrell and his parts dept before, and they definitely live up to the expected word of customer service. When they mess up on a customer's order, they take the blame for it and offer to make it up to the customer at no charge. Now that's fanatastic customer service!
Old 01-24-05, 08:32 PM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

Yeah, I plan on ordering my Daizen sways from him along with new floor mats, brake pads, plugs, and fluids... probably my timing belt too.

Old 01-24-05, 09:24 PM
dsouth
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I will vouch for Darrel also. I ordered somethign from them. Think sideskirts, He defintely defines Customer Service. Got it in likt less than a week and I live in TN.
Old 01-25-05, 09:07 AM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

thanks for the recommendation...I was debating where to purchase my l-tuned skirts and grill, and I believe you just helped me make my decision
Old 01-25-05, 02:58 PM
VegasIS300
Pole Position

I ordered through Darryl several times, for an L-tuned exhaust, L-tuned sways, touch up paint and a license plate frame. Each time they came within a week, and I live in Vegas! He's super quick, and will get you a tracking number before the end of the day!
Old 01-25-05, 09:56 PM
MoogieBoogie
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Darrell is the best. I need some parts over the summer to repair my A/C, and my appointment was in a few days. I needed to make sure the parts would arrive on time. Darrell shipped it via the most reliable method, and even called me back to let me know that the parts would arrive on time. He took the time to go over the parts that I ordered, and let me know exactly what I needed.

He and his team at Sewell are simply awesome. Thanks guys.
-Brian.
Old 01-30-05, 12:04 PM
liquidsilver
Driver

Yeah he is great to deal with for sure.

Never had problems reaching him......always called me back within 24 hours too.

Purchased 2sets of L-tuned wheel pkg and shocks /springs combo....always great service even after it was delivered all the way to canada.
Old 02-02-05, 08:22 PM
dsouth
Lexus Test Driver

I found a link to a survey that Darrel forwarded to me:www.lexus-parts.com/survey.asp
to let him know how is service has affected us in a positive way.
Old 02-03-05, 04:40 AM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

Link doesn't work for me.
Old 02-22-05, 07:51 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

In another post I people mentioned they were haveing a little trouble with getting some stuff from Sewel Lexus/Darrel and I also had a little problem. However, after a few emails it was discovered that the vendor did not get the order from Darrel so that is why it was not sent. Long story short, I really didn't mind the extra time as I just wanted to be keept in the loop. Anyway, Darrel refunded my shipping cost and corrected the problem. I know things go wrong from time to time. I judge a company or person by what he/they do to correct a prolem. In this case Darrel came though and I'll continue to do business with them.
Old 02-23-05, 03:52 PM
Mayo
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sewell Lexus

I too had a great experience with Darrell. He was wonderful to work with and almost convinced me not to purchase a set of sways from him. I really appreciated that he put the customer first. I ended up purchasing the Ltuned sways (red) for $199 shipped.
Old 02-24-05, 04:53 AM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Mayo
I too had a great experience with Darrell. He was wonderful to work with and almost convinced me not to purchase a set of sways from him. I really appreciated that he put the customer first. I ended up purchasing the Ltuned sways (red) for $199 shipped.
I thought the Daizens were red?

Quick Reply: My great experience with Darrel @ Sewell