Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

www.lexus-parts.com - Cleanin' Out the Garage Sale, 17x8 L-Tuned Wheels at $72 each

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-05, 03:15 PM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Intellexual
Were the lugs you got free of charge? Would stock lugs work with tese wheels or do you have to get smaller ones?

these wheels (like all Lexus wheels it seems) are lug specific. You need THESE specific lugs to work with these wheels...

they are sorta like a tuner lug, but better quality and thicker.
Old 03-07-05, 08:07 PM
gawd
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NT2SHBBY
these wheels (like all Lexus wheels it seems) are lug specific. You need THESE specific lugs to work with these wheels...

they are sorta like a tuner lug, but better quality and thicker.

He's exactly right, they're alittle smaller in daimeter than stock lugs. Darrel originally forgot to send me the lugs, but sent them out quickly in a new package when I informed him that I didn't have them. The lugs were free, just might want to ask for them beforehand. Good luck....
Old 03-07-05, 08:13 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gawd
Received mine last week, the wheel weighed 22.1 lbs without tires and added 5% body fat The wheels look really ice in real life, they're not as flat as they seem in the pics and ask Darrrel to send you the lugnuts along with the package, I think they're smaller than the OEM lugnuts. I've seen Darrel sell the chrome ones on Ebay for something like 800.00 for a set of 4. Search l-tuned and you'll find them.

All and all, you can't go wrong ordering these from Darrel, very upstandong guy who makes killer deals.
Thanks dude! Exactly what I needed to know.
Old 03-07-05, 08:26 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gawd
He's exactly right, they're alittle smaller in daimeter than stock lugs. Darrel originally forgot to send me the lugs, but sent them out quickly in a new package when I informed him that I didn't have them. The lugs were free, just might want to ask for them beforehand. Good luck....

Looks like I need to give him an email or call then. I revieced my rims today but I have no lugs. I also noticed that two rims were used with one showing obvious tire mounting (Lots of black rubber on the rim bead) while two this one and another one showed surface clear coat scuff marks. NO matter, it is minor and it was onlt $72 each. I do however need two more valve stems and all the lug nuts.
Old 03-07-05, 09:35 PM
Intellexual
Lead Lap

That's not very confidence inspiring....even if it is a great deal, I'd like to get what's being advertised, and I was under the impression that these were 100% brand new rims.

I may have to speak to Darrell personally when I order these...
Old 03-07-05, 10:42 PM
gawd
Pole Position

Well, mine were brand new and all were still sealed in the factory box.Actually, I ordered quite a few things from him; 4 wheels, shocks/springs, and the aero kit. Everything was new in the box and didn't have any UPS kick marks MY only issue was that he forgot the instructions to aero kit and the lug nuts, both of which were very easily remedied. I found Darrel to be very accommodating, but very,very busy. Try giving him a call after lunch time.....
Old 03-07-05, 11:57 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Intellexual
That's not very confidence inspiring....even if it is a great deal, I'd like to get what's being advertised, and I was under the impression that these were 100% brand new rims.

I may have to speak to Darrell personally when I order these...
I hear what you are saying. I think I too might be a little more upset about it if these were going to be my main rims, but everything about it was cheap including the shipping out to Hawaii so I'm okay. Only that one rim shows obvious signs of tire mounting since you can still see the lubricant and black rubber marks along the inside rim bead. Two rims were in open taped up boxes ( The one with the mark) with the valve stems aleady intalled, but onfortunately with the inner valves unscrewed and missing. Anyway, that is not my complaint really as I originally was looking for a used set so these are better anyway. I just want the lugs so I can mount them. I'm sure it is not Darrels fault as he probably just tells the guys in back to ship them out when they get an order. I found he has been helpful in the past so I'm sure it wasn't intentional. But, that is just my side of the story. The scuff marks I believe was during shipping in the box. Because they were previously opened, someone put them back in upsidedown with the face right on the cardboard box. There is a removable cover with a little foam backing that normally protects the face, but since the rim was upsidedown in the box that backing cover plate did nothing but protect the back lip. I'm sure everything will work out. I'm being optimistic about things lately
Old 03-08-05, 05:55 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs up to Darrel again. This is the 2nd time I had a minor problem with an order but the response and correction will keep me coming back for anything I might need. He offered to replace the two opened rims but it is not a big enough deal to me to go through all the shipping again so I'll probably keep them. He also is sending out the lugs and valve stems today You might think I am 2 for 2 orders with minor problems so that would put me off, but I am also 2 for 2 in great customer service throughout the entire process so I think they are running a good opporation over there.

PS, Darrel assured they are being sold as new and boxed, so mine was probably just a fluke and a return that got restocked with the rest of them.
Old 03-08-05, 10:53 PM
storm
Rookie

Will these fit on a stock IS without any spacers etc.? Does anyone have any pics of what these would look like on an IS? I'm thinking they might look similar to the SportDesign rims, but a bit more agressive. Pics would be super-helpful though.

I know that 235/45/17 is the tire size on the GS, but would 225/45/17 rubber fit nicely on these rims?
Old 03-15-05, 12:32 PM
lexispoold
Pole Position

anybody tried these on the front of an IS?
Old 03-25-05, 05:52 PM
spyder357
Rookie

Default Picture of Wheels on a Car

Does anybody have a picture of these wheels on their car?
Old 03-26-05, 12:59 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by spyder357
Does anybody have a picture of these wheels on their car?
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=145569
Old 04-06-05, 11:07 AM
longitron
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by storm
Will these fit on a stock IS without any spacers etc.? Does anyone have any pics of what these would look like on an IS? I'm thinking they might look similar to the SportDesign rims, but a bit more agressive. Pics would be super-helpful though.

I know that 235/45/17 is the tire size on the GS, but would 225/45/17 rubber fit nicely on these rims?

I'd also like to know if 225/45/17 or 215/45/17 wheels will fit on these rims and if they'll fit on an IS300 with out having to shave or use spacers.

Plus, are they still on sale? Code doesn't work anymore.
Old 04-06-05, 08:54 PM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

I think people will tell you these really do look nice in person.

Old 04-06-05, 09:40 PM
Intellexual
Lead Lap

Yea...also curious whether the deal was still going on?

I was holding off because last I called there were still a ton left!

Quick Reply: www.lexus-parts.com - Cleanin' Out the Garage Sale, 17x8 L-Tuned Wheels at $72 each