Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

GB: RX330 Thundercloud Edition Grille

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-05, 10:59 PM
rx330lex
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2004RX330
This Is What They Sold In Asia.
does anyone where we can order the kit? i am interested in the #1 front bumper. please leave a post if you know where to purchase. Thanks!
Old 03-29-05, 07:13 AM
SUPRATRD
Original CL Sponsor since 1999

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Grille is not difficult to install, I can send you a PDF but in a nutshell there's 5 bolts on the grille itself and two bolts for the hood latch, 10 minutes

We can ship to Hawaii, I would never leave you out, add $8.00

rx330lex, we have the JDM parts listed on our site L-Tunedparts. Aero kit is on there plus much more!!
Old 03-29-05, 10:41 AM
Lextranny
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rx330lex
i'm in as well! is the price gonna lower if more people buy?

That's exactly what I asked too......the price gonna lower if more people buy???????????
Old 03-29-05, 10:45 AM
SUPRATRD
Original CL Sponsor since 1999

Originally Posted by Lextranny
That's exactly what I asked too......the price gonna lower if more people buy???????????
Pricing is already set on this GB, we can't go any lower, that's about 45% off retail
Old 03-29-05, 11:16 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by rx330lex
i'm in as well! is the price gonna lower if more people buy?
This is already a great deal guys. No low balling!
Old 03-29-05, 01:43 PM
Mrbig
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Grille

I'd be in for a group buy if we can get them cheaper, let me know, thanks.......
Old 03-29-05, 02:27 PM
RXGOLD
Rookie

Originally Posted by SUPRATRD
Pricing is already set on this GB, we can't go any lower, that's about 45% off retail
I would jump in the group buy only if the price drop. For $299 for a chrome over plastic grill is not worth the price!!!!
Old 03-29-05, 05:33 PM
rx330lex
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Neo
That is some nice savings Steve.

Remember guys. GBs on CL can only go through approved CL vendors. Steve has already taken the first steps for you guys. Now who is going to step up?
where do i enter the code to get the grill for $299?
Old 03-29-05, 10:31 PM
NeverSatisfied
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SUPRATRD
We can ship to Hawaii, I would never leave you out, add $8.00
Cool; thanks!
Old 03-30-05, 03:34 AM
Domo-Kun
Rookie

Ok, I don't want to rain on this parade, however let's no be so quick to drink the tainted cool-aid here. I have a few questions about this group buy because some aspects are misleading.

1. It already says on your website that the price you are selling the grill for is $329, so forget what the MSRP is because our discount for group buy is only $30? And technically, if you already have a "clublexus code" then it doesn't matter if 5 people buys this grill or 200 buy this grill, whoever puts in the code gets the same $30 off. Unless of course you guys are limiting this group buy to only 5 people?

2. Free shipping no problem, however if you reside in CA, like a lot of us do then, are you going to be charged an additional 7.75-8.25% sales tax on top of the $299? So at 8.25% for LA county that's an additional $24.67. Thus for CA residents the clublexus discount basically pays for sales tax. For LA residents your total would be $324.67, not $299.

3. For a lot of us in CA, we would rather just pick up the grill in person. Since you don't have to ship the grill, can you at least give us a saving on the shipping or call it even and do a "CA" price for local pickup for $299 out the door, tax included? Most likely not, but I think people need to at least get the truth on this "great buy"

I am not opposed to group buys however lets see all the hidden costs associated with this purchase and stop touting the "Retail price is $539.40" which is meaningless. Everything has a "Manfacturer's Suggested Retail Price" but who pays full retail these days?

Last edited by Domo-Kun; 03-30-05 at 04:00 AM.
Old 03-30-05, 07:27 AM
FlintRX
Rookie

Originally Posted by Domo-Kun
Ok, I don't want to rain on this parade, however let's no be so quick to drink the tainted cool-aid here. I have a few questions about this group buy because some aspects are misleading.

1. It already says on your website that the price you are selling the grill for is $329, so forget what the MSRP is because our discount for group buy is only $30? And technically, if you already have a "clublexus code" then it doesn't matter if 5 people buys this grill or 200 buy this grill, whoever puts in the code gets the same $30 off. Unless of course you guys are limiting this group buy to only 5 people?

2. Free shipping no problem, however if you reside in CA, like a lot of us do then, are you going to be charged an additional 7.75-8.25% sales tax on top of the $299? So at 8.25% for LA county that's an additional $24.67. Thus for CA residents the clublexus discount basically pays for sales tax. For LA residents your total would be $324.67, not $299.

3. For a lot of us in CA, we would rather just pick up the grill in person. Since you don't have to ship the grill, can you at least give us a saving on the shipping or call it even and do a "CA" price for local pickup for $299 out the door, tax included? Most likely not, but I think people need to at least get the truth on this "great buy"

I am not opposed to group buys however lets see all the hidden costs associated with this purchase and stop touting the "Retail price is $539.40" which is meaningless. Everything has a "Manfacturer's Suggested Retail Price" but who pays full retail these days?
I'm guessing you have never gotten involved in a group purchase before. I've been involved in many (not on this board, though) and I can say that no one is deceiving anyone else with this group buy....

#1 - a discount is a discount, it's your choice to participate if you want. Most vendor-sponsored group purchases that I've been involved with rarely have steep discounts unless it's with a manufacturer. That's not the case here.

#2 - Steve is in CA, and by law, has to collect sales tax on anything sold within CA. It's no different if he was in NY and had to charge all NY residents sales tax. Just because we live close by does not entitle us to a bigger discount.

#3 - If you choose to pick it up, you still have to pay sales tax. Any discount for not having to ship the stuff is optional and entirely up to Steve. Again, if you don't like the pricing, then don't buy.

I have no connection with Steve, Carson Toyota, or any other vendor on this board. I just think complaining about a discount (that doesn't have to be offered in the first place) is rediculous and paints a negative picture of the benefits of a group purchase.
Old 03-30-05, 12:15 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by FlintRX

I have no connection with Steve, Carson Toyota, or any other vendor on this board. I just think complaining about a discount (that doesn't have to be offered in the first place) is rediculous and paints a negative picture of the benefits of a group purchase.
Very well said.
Old 03-30-05, 02:50 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

can you get them to make this grill for the GS guys??? c'mon buddy ol' pal, i know u can do it!
Old 03-30-05, 03:37 PM
Dsmart
Pole Position

Will that gril look good on a black car with black pearl emblems or just go ahead and get your dsr grill you have on your page which I was planning to do. I don't want to buy something that won't fit the car's looks
Old 03-30-05, 05:01 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A savings is a savings any way you look at it. I have bought a lot of things from Steve and have always had the best experience with him. I also think that complaining about a group buy is ridiculous. The one thing this site has plenty of is low-ballers

Quick Reply: GB: RX330 Thundercloud Edition Grille