Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

** GS UGO Roof Spoiler ** Last time,hurry!! **

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-05, 03:27 PM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for all those who are a part of the second batch, I have reason to believe I have something on the way........just got a UPS notification, 4 lbs, hmmmmmm.
Old 08-06-05, 12:35 AM
DetMich1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ebruce2
for all those who are a part of the second batch, I have reason to believe I have something on the way........just got a UPS notification, 4 lbs, hmmmmmm.
Yeah? Me too! Got a notice about a UPS package on the way to me from Carson at 3:15 PM Friday afternoon. Should be here by Monday or Tuesday.
Old 08-11-05, 07:47 AM
BA_GS400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Should I be worried???

I think I was the last of the last of the last guys to get on-board for this. The money is long been taken from the credit card so I assume I'm in Batch 3.

Sounds like Batch 3 could be 4-8 weeks out for actual delivery.

Any word/update on Batch 3 Steve? It is still going to happen isn't it? If not, I'm gonna cry like a little girl....

EDIT: my bad, there may not actually be a Batch 3, I may have mis-read something earlier. Hopefully I'm just at the end of the list and it'll come soon.

Last edited by BA_GS400; 08-11-05 at 12:18 PM.
Old 08-11-05, 09:13 AM
GS408
Pole Position

Default UGO spoiler mounting

did anyone use the mounting tape that came with the spoiler? If so, can you tell me if its any good? or recommend a place that will mount it for me in the bay area.... thanks
Old 08-11-05, 09:16 AM
TYPEII
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I used their tape along with the some Industrial 3M tape that I had lefted over when I mounted my WIN rear spoiler...Iam sure that it's almost the same stuff. Save the $$$ and mount it yourself.
Old 08-11-05, 09:50 AM
GS408
Pole Position

Default UGO spoiler mounting

hi thanks, i will try the tape and the 3m. Question though, if you use the tape wouldn't it cause the bottom of the spoiler and the surface roof to have a gap? I mean it wouldnt sit flush right? and is it noticable since the tape in between the spoiler and the roof?

thanks
Old 08-11-05, 01:17 PM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DetMich1
Yeah? Me too! Got a notice about a UPS package on the way to me from Carson at 3:15 PM Friday afternoon. Should be here by Monday or Tuesday.
Got it today !!!

Steve Ganz rulez all which he surveys!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, sir!
Old 08-11-05, 03:35 PM
SUPRATRD
Original CL Sponsor since 1999

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ebruce2
Got it today !!!

Steve Ganz rulez all which he surveys!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, sir!
haha....your to kind
Old 08-11-05, 08:12 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by GS408
hi thanks, i will try the tape and the 3m. Question though, if you use the tape wouldn't it cause the bottom of the spoiler and the surface roof to have a gap? I mean it wouldnt sit flush right? and is it noticable since the tape in between the spoiler and the roof?

thanks
There is a very small gap, nothing to worry about. It's not noticeable or obvious.

The way to mount this thing is to mount the tape to the roof first. Use two parallel strips of tape across the roof (measure the width of your spoiler - about 3" - to make sure that you're putting the tape in the right spots) Then peel up about an inch or less from one end of the tape at the edge of the roof, and leave the red plastic protective cover sticking out at a right angle so that you can still grab it when the spoiler is where it belongs. Mount the spoiler loosely to the tape and get its positioning correct on that one end, while getting the other side close to final position. Then go to the other side of the roof, at the other end of the spoiler, and do the same thing - peel about an inch of tape from each strip. ***Don't push the spoiler down tightly onto the tape until the very last step.*** The spoiler should now be loosely held by only an inch of tape on each end of the spoiler. Now peel off the red covering off all tape strips. *This can be difficult so do it slowly and carefully. When all the plastic covering is peeled off, push the spoiler down tight, and voila! If it was done correctly it will be perfectly spaced and even, because it can be repositioned until the point where you peel all the red covering off the tape.
Old 08-11-05, 08:18 PM
BA_GS400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How cool is this? When I got home, the package was on my porch!!! Woohooo!

I **LOVE** Group Buys!!!

Excellent 'get' from Japan Steve! We're all benefitting from you and Carson Toyota going the extra mile in helping us get cool stuff for our Lexi.
Old 08-11-05, 11:17 PM
GS408
Pole Position

Default ugo install

thanks for the info!

Originally Posted by engin_ear
There is a very small gap, nothing to worry about. It's not noticeable or obvious.

The way to mount this thing is to mount the tape to the roof first. Use two parallel strips of tape across the roof (measure the width of your spoiler - about 3" - to make sure that you're putting the tape in the right spots) Then peel up about an inch or less from one end of the tape at the edge of the roof, and leave the red plastic protective cover sticking out at a right angle so that you can still grab it when the spoiler is where it belongs. Mount the spoiler loosely to the tape and get its positioning correct on that one end, while getting the other side close to final position. Then go to the other side of the roof, at the other end of the spoiler, and do the same thing - peel about an inch of tape from each strip. ***Don't push the spoiler down tightly onto the tape until the very last step.*** The spoiler should now be loosely held by only an inch of tape on each end of the spoiler. Now peel off the red covering off all tape strips. *This can be difficult so do it slowly and carefully. When all the plastic covering is peeled off, push the spoiler down tight, and voila! If it was done correctly it will be perfectly spaced and even, because it can be repositioned until the point where you peel all the red covering off the tape.
Old 08-12-05, 03:42 PM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SUPRATRD
haha....your to kind

Ha ha Steve, this is why I envy you..........(see below)

People are always THANKING YOU for helping them spend their $$$$$$