Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

Leatherseats.com Official ClubLexus Group Buy...

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-05, 01:19 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by Leatherseats.com
engin_ear: Yes, the pricing is for front and rear seats. As far as quality of raw materials, we researched a lot of different tanneries to make sure that we only use the best leather reasonable. Compared to factory leather, our leather is much thicker then OE leather, between 0.9 and 1.1 mil. OE leather is around 0.6 mil. Our leather also has more grain to it, similar to late model BMW leather. Our leather is vat dyed like OE Lexus leather, so the color wearing off isn't going to happen. We also have a 3 year/36,000 mile warranty against manufacturing and raw material defects. If you would like to see samples, just email me with your name, address, and what colors you would like to see. My email is BillC@leatherseats.com
As I'm re-reading this, I assume you mean thickness is 0.9 to 1.1 millimeters, right? Typically 1 mil is 1-thousanth of an inch, about the thickness of a trash bag. The leather can't be that thin, right?
Old 05-19-05, 02:29 PM
Leatherseats.com
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The mil is for millimeter; 1 millimeter is about 0.04". Our leather is between 2 and 3 ounces (0.8 and 1.2mil, respecitvely). Factory leather is 0.6 mil, which is slightly less then 2 ounces. For comparison, most leather jackets are around 3 ounces, and most leather belts are between 7 and 8 ounces. Also, Medieval Leather Armor is between 9 and 13 ounces
Just to help everyone visualize how thick the leather is, here is a chart:

Last edited by Leatherseats.com; 05-19-05 at 03:54 PM.
Old 05-19-05, 03:08 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Add me to the list......I need leather samples though. Hit me up Jeremy.
Old 05-19-05, 04:07 PM
Leatherseats.com
Former Vendor

TTurboPimp: How many times have you joined our group buy's before? Heh... I know at LEAST once. Anyways e-mail Bill your mailing address and what colors you want to see and he will get them out to you. billc@leatherseats.com
Old 05-19-05, 05:14 PM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jeremy, Bill,
How much for the center console arm rest for O1 GS . just by its self?
Ron G.
Old 05-19-05, 07:36 PM
Philly#1 Lex
Lead Lap

I waited for sometime now is better than anytime, Count me in. 1992 SC400 Leather interior, with premium leather, Seat massage only, ( can you opt only for the massage? I already have heated seats), door armrest, I have a question also I will pm you in the next couple of days. I want so more stuff i just have to think, but I am definately in. Yeah! nNo more ratty interior
Old 05-20-05, 01:21 AM
wayne
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by wayne
I'll take a set for a 94 sc300 with tan interior. Is the installation kit needed or can we use the old hog rings? thanks.

PS. When do we have to pay by?

Don't forget about me.
Old 05-20-05, 02:26 AM
gs400dave
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Front Seats only?

Hey guys - cool - I've been thinking about re-doing my leather.

Is it possible to just get the front seats for my 98 GS? The rear seat still looks like new, so I'm thinking I can save some installation time (and a few bucks) by just doing the front seats.

If I did replace all four, I'd like to go with two-tone, but would like to see more examples of combinations you have used on a GS. Do you have more photos to share?

Also, how much of a job are we looking at on installation?

Thanks!
Old 05-20-05, 05:21 AM
Tenoshii
Rookie

What about embroidery? A lexus "L" on the seats.....
Old 05-20-05, 08:55 AM
Leatherseats.com
Former Vendor

GILLEXUS: The console by itself is $80.00.

Philly#1 Lex: We can take the other little heating pads that come with the massage kit if you just want the massage part, but its only gonna save you like $15 bucks or so. The manufacturer says not to install full seat heaters that would cover up the motors. I am not sure why they say that except that maybe there is a possibility of over-heating the motors if they are on too long. The heating pad that comes with the massage kit is just a small little pad that is more of a "therapeutic" heat and it is designed to be placed wherever you would like on the seat inbetween the motors so it doesnt cover up the motors at all. I personally dont really see a problem with installing the factory seat heaters on top of the motors, but you can make a decision based on this information.

wayne: I gotcha.

gs400dave: You can save a few bucks by just doing the fronts, but it is probably not as much as you think. Fronts only on the GS are $629.00 plus options. The other problem with just doing fronts is that it will not match front to rear. The leather is different than the OEM so it has a little more of a natural grain than the factory Lexus leather and color wise it will probably be a tad off also. We have had very good luck matching the GS interiors as far as colors, but there is still slight variations. The biggest most noticable thing is that most the GS's I have seen have had factory perforation. There are hundreds of different perforation patterns out there and so ares will be different in that respect also, but I dont know too many people that measure and compared perforation between two seats. Overall its better to do the whole interior, but if these small issues didnt bother you than we can do fronts only.
Oh yes... I will get a few pictures together and post them.

Tenoshii: Unfortunately we cannot do any Lexus/Toyota related logos because we dont have the licensing to.

Jeremy
Old 05-20-05, 09:28 AM
Leatherseats.com
Former Vendor

Example GS Pictures...

LXOGOOD's new interior... great color choices. Smoke w/ Dark Slate Suede Inserts combo w/o semicircles.

The original GS interior that was patterned and recreated... Adobe w/ Red Inserts combo w/ Semicircles.

I forget whose interior this was, but it was in Adobe w/ Light Mocha Inserts combo w/ semicircles.

I forget whose interior this is also, but I believe it is in Charcoal w/ Dove Grey Centers w/o semicircles. These are both uninstalled pictures...

Hope these help...

Jeremy
Old 05-20-05, 01:14 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Damn Jeremy.......was it necessary to call me out like that??? I joined the first one, by the time you got to the point to end the GB, I sold my GS.....my old GS. I have a new one now......I did e mail Bill with my info tow days ago, but I did not recieve an answer from him as of yet.
Old 05-20-05, 02:04 PM
Leatherseats.com
Former Vendor

TTurboPimp: haha just joking buddy. I was just saying that I remembered you. Anyways if you e-mailed Bill than he will get those ready. If it was just a swatch request than he will probably just send them out without responding, but I will make sure that he got the e-mail.

Jeremy
Old 05-20-05, 02:48 PM
Leatherseats.com
Former Vendor

TTurboPimp: Can you e-mail me the request also? I think he has already processed it but since I dont know your real name nor your e-mail address I have no way to look up and make sure that the e-mail he got is actually yours.

Jeremy
jeremy@leatherseats.com
Old 05-20-05, 03:05 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

I wastn taking it serious in a serious light, its all good. I just sent you my info as well.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Leatherseats.com Official ClubLexus Group Buy...