Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

Leatherseats.com Official ClubLexus Group Buy...

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-05, 04:25 PM
Aristo300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Jeremy - any update for me?
Old 05-21-05, 03:22 PM
CTgs300
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am intrested in this group buy but before I am obligated I need to know aproximately when payment is due and I would like to see some of the two tone options available on the first gen gs. I have the brown/sand interior, or at least whats left of my seats are that color. I've been told on this forum to get it done Whatever assistance you could give me is appreciated.
Old 05-21-05, 04:21 PM
Garnett
Driver School Candidate

Default Leather seats

I'm in too I've pm you with all my information.
Old 05-21-05, 06:51 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

In regards to the seat massagers, are they just a vibrating massager or one that you feel movements? Can this be ordered without the heated seats? thanks
Old 05-22-05, 08:11 AM
mdwtexas

How hard is it to install the leather seat covers yourself? And how hard is it to take off the old leather covers?
Old 05-23-05, 06:13 AM
Tenoshii
Rookie

Originally Posted by Leatherseats.com

Tenoshii: Unfortunately we cannot do any Lexus/Toyota related logos because we dont have the licensing to.

Jeremy
Oh, I was asking because I saw a Honda emblem embroidered in a pic on your website...
What about embroidered "ARISTO"? Would that be a no-no also?
Old 05-23-05, 08:47 AM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Jeremy: I'm most probably in on this, but before I make a commitment I need to see samples. Do you know if any were sent out?
A couple more questions:
1) I assume that suede inserts are more for cars that aren't daily drivers? I'm guessing that there's more upkeep and doesn't wear as well as the regular leather? (Looks & feels great though.)
2) What, if any, are the benefits of perforation? Is there a greater tear risk over time?
3) Which leather color do you consider to be the closest match to the GS tan/beige interior?
Thanks,
Jerry.
Old 05-23-05, 08:50 AM
morris
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was also wondering how the suede would handle moisture, ie perspiration and such.
Old 05-23-05, 08:56 AM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

What if we only need the covers for the fronts?
Old 05-23-05, 10:17 AM
mdw131
Lead Lap

Can you order for our other cars not Lexus in this group buy or is it strictly Lexus?

I'd like to get a friend a present of new seat leather for his 93 Ford Bronco...
Old 05-23-05, 11:08 AM
Leatherseats.com
Former Vendor

BrownDuckz: E-mail me at jeremy@leatherseats.com.

CTgs300: Payment is due after the group buy has ended and you have placed your order. That will probably be next week or the week after. As far as color options and so forth on the older GS, there is only one real option. That is called two-tone centers. Because there arent really any horizontal seamlines in the interior kit the only way if can be made is with a secondary color up the middle of the seat. I will post some pictures...

Garnett: I got you down.

LexAristo: I am not sure what you mean by your question. They are basically 6 different nodes that have motors in the middle of them. The motors spin and cause a vibrating motion. The nodes are installed INSIDE the foam so you will have to cut a 2"x2"x1" or so square out of the factory foam and then slide the node into position. The answer to your seat heater/massage was posted a little bit ago. I will copy it here. It should be all you need to know plus more.
We can take the other little heating pads that come with the massage kit if you just want the massage part, but its only gonna save you like $15 bucks or so. The manufacturer says not to install full seat heaters that would cover up the motors. I am not sure why they say that except that maybe there is a possibility of over-heating the motors if they are on too long. The heating pad that comes with the massage kit is just a small little pad that is more of a "therapeutic" heat and it is designed to be placed wherever you would like on the seat inbetween the motors so it doesnt cover up the motors at all. I personally dont really see a problem with installing the factory seat heaters on top of the motors, but you can make a decision based on this information.
Tenoshii: Yeah Toyota/Lexus actually contacted us specifically and asked us not to use their logos on our website, or leather kits. Honda has never cared so far about us doing the logos. We unfortuately cannot do Aristo either because Aristo is the same thing as GS. We cannot do any of their logos or anything related to them without their written permission. Doesnt matter if its JDM or not.

engin_ear: I dont know if the swatches were sent out. E-mail Bill at billc@leatherseats.com and he should be able to tell you. Our suede has better "stats" on the wear tests than our leather does in most cases. It is a bit more sensitive to UV rays, but its still fine for daily driving. Its about the same as a cloth interior as far as daily driving and wear and tear. Perforation is completely aesthetic. There might be a slightly decrease in wear and tear stats, but not very much. The biggest problem with perforation is cleaning it because little dirt particles like to fall and get caught in it. From past experience, Adobe is the best match to the newer GS interiors and Sandstone is the best match to the older GS interiors.

morris: The suede will breath better than the leather. It will act much more like cloth since it is a synthetic "UltraSuede/Alcantara" type suede. It is stain resistant and moisture resistant and it can be clean with a mild soap. So if you did get it dirty you can scrub at the little stain with a small brush and soap. Fairly simple to keep clean, but it is more delicate than leather. Its probably around the same as a cloth interior in ease of keeping clean.

chicagoblknazn: E-mail me at jeremy@leatherseats.com and I will get you pricing on the fronts only. There isnt a lot of savings in doing fronts only and depending on what you are trying to match to we probably dont have a "perfect" match.

mdw131: Lexus vehicles only, and about 80% of our customers do the installs themselves. It is up to you though on weither or not you can install it though. http://www.leatherseats.com/pages/installation.htm

Jeremy

Last edited by Leatherseats.com; 05-23-05 at 11:21 AM.
Old 05-23-05, 11:15 AM
Leatherseats.com
Former Vendor

GS in Adobe w/ Dark Walnut Suede centers...

GS in Dark Brown w/ Sandstone centers...

Jeremy

Last edited by Leatherseats.com; 05-23-05 at 11:22 AM.
Old 05-23-05, 12:21 PM
beaterKU
Pole Position

Ok, so I need some more time to think about this. Jeremy or Bill, how long is this going to last? I need to prioritize my purchases. My race car needs some parts as well as my GS needs brakes. I will know within the week if I am in or not. I just need to sit down and figure out what all needs to be bought and go from there.

-Nick

Last edited by beaterKU; 05-23-05 at 05:18 PM.
Old 05-23-05, 02:26 PM
Philly#1 Lex
Lead Lap

Jeremy, I sent you a email, no reply back yet though. I want the color to match the early SC400 interior, not sure if its tan or sandstone? Also I want Color piping, the Color of the dash in the SC( I dont know what color you call it?Dark brown?) Flat peferated inserts and I am not decided on the massage system yet? Couple of questions

1) How strong or the massagers?
2) How many are there, and do you guys give instructions on specific placement to achieve max comfort.
3) Do they roll up and down or do they have alot of little pads that vibrate?
4) Do you have any pics of the system?

And can anyone who has purchased the massage system care to comment. What you do and dont like
Old 05-23-05, 06:37 PM
High PSI
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Could you post pictures of cars that have the colored double stitching?

Quick Reply: Leatherseats.com Official ClubLexus Group Buy...