Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

Leatherseats.com Official ClubLexus Group Buy...

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-05, 06:20 PM
Tommyd1919
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know how this stuff compares to Katzkins? I have had Katzkins in a few of my cars and thought they were great... Just wondering if anyone knows... Thanks Tommy D
Old 05-31-05, 10:20 AM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

What's the discount for 30 people?
If we get 50, do we get them all for free???? heh heh
Old 05-31-05, 10:32 AM
Leatherseats.com
Former Vendor

CLCC: I got you.

lexforlife: Here is the answer "Yes we could do it in suede, but I wouldnt nessecarily suggest it on this part. Consoles/Armrests are notoriously a dirt collector. So with suede its just going to be a little harder to stay looking nice. We have done them in the past and we havent had that many problems, but they arent as easy maintenance as leather or vinyl." Now as far as piping, the front console can be piped, but it would make it almost impossible to install unless you want to cut up the plastics on your front console. The piping is a plastic cord that has material wrapped around it and stitched. Then it is stitched into the double-stitch lines around the edges. If you can imagine trying to install a plastic cord inbetween two-plastic pieces that are supposed to be almost flush (just enough room for a piece of leather to lie between) then you will understand the problem.

trystanu: I got you down.

MikeFD3S: I got you also. By the way, we make some killer FD3 interiors and have had some group buys in the past on RX7Club.com. We even sponsored Rotary Revolution this year so there are a lot of people who have seen our work. You should check it out.

tjj13401: I gotcha.

Chi-town: I've got you. We can sell the suede extra, but there are no instructions on wrapping door panels and the such. That takes a professional or at least someone who is really good with a sewing machine. The instructions on wrapped a door panel or dash are as follows. Remove the dash or door panel from the car. Lay a thin paper across the piece and trace the contours of the dash. Once you have the contours and pieces of paper with the patterns on them cut all the pieces out and them sew everything together. Once you have it all together then spray glue across your whole dash and on the backside of your suede piece. Slowly lay the piece out over the dash and lay it where there are no wrinkles. Its a pretty hard thing to do and I dont even tackle it myself. The most I every do are headliners, door panels, A/B/C pillars, and smaller pieces like grab handles and the like.

wayne: Fronts only would be around $499.00 with 20 people.

Alexus-Kia: The prices on the websites are generalized prices for people to get an idea of roughly what they will pay for our interiors. That is why there is a note on the top of the page that says "Pricing will vary according to make and model.".
The kit you are speaking of has the options "Flat/Non-Perforated Inserts" and "Two-Tone" added to it. So just add those two options to the discounted price you think we will get and you will have your total. All the pricing is on the first page.
The colors in the interior from my records is Charcoal/Dove Grey, but in the picture it does look lighter than Charcoal. It must be the lighting of the picture when it was taken and the monitor settings of our computers. Charcoal is basically a dark gray. Its lighter than black and lighter than the graphites. If you have the same interior as LXOGOOD, the color match he used was Smoke and it worked GREAT. Dove Grey from what I have seen matches the door insert section on some of the gray GS interiors.

Tommyd1919: Its very similiar. We used a very similiar type leather. Whats called a full-grain/G-grain leather. Its very european-esque. Katzkin uses a similiar leather.

Jeremy
Old 05-31-05, 12:16 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

okay jeremy thanks for the reply , i will not go then suede console route then

but my question was in fact , does the price include new leather for the front armrest and rear and how are they replaced can a 2 tone be done on the console to match what i am doing in the seats
Old 05-31-05, 12:31 PM
Leatherseats.com
Former Vendor

lexforlife: Give me a call when you get a chance. 1-866-NEW-SEAT (1-866-639-7328).

Jeremy
Old 05-31-05, 01:32 PM
JZZ30TT
Lead Lap

You have a PM
Old 06-01-05, 01:40 AM
ES Boy
Lead Lap

If the LAST day for the groupbuy hasn't come yet, add me to the list. I'm not totally sure if I'm going to get any options and whatnot yet. But I'm down with the list for just solid black for now. Thanks.
Old 06-01-05, 06:09 AM
swproturbo
Lead Lap

Jeremy, put me down for black w/black suede insert for my '98 GS400. Thanks for the pics. BTW, can I get some samples too?

-Stan
Old 06-01-05, 08:22 AM
DMabrey
Driver School Candidate

Default Leather Seats Candidate

Can you add me to the list to purchase new leather seats for my 94 lexus GS300 Green exterior with tan interior.
Old 06-01-05, 08:54 AM
Leatherseats.com
Former Vendor

Es3 bLk 94: I got you on the list. Next week is ordering so be prepared by then.

swproturbo: I got you on the list and if you will e-mail me with your mailing address and what colors you would like to see I can send them out. At this point though, I cannot guarantee you that they will be there before the last day to order next week. I will send them out ASAP, but the US Mail isnt always the fastest thing.

DMabrey: I have you down on the list.

EVERYONE: The name listing part of the group buy will be ending this Friday and Monday we will start orders. Next Friday the group buy will tentatively be completely closed and all the orders will be processed. Thats when we will have our final tally and discount given out. Right now we have about 29 people signed up so even with a few dropping out we should hit 20 pretty easily. Let me know if you all have any questions.
P.S. I have personally made sure that all the swatches up to this date are in the mail to you so anyone that has ordered them should have them next week for sure.

Jeremy
Old 06-01-05, 09:10 AM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Originally Posted by engin_ear
Jeremy, I noticed how you blatantly IGNORED this last post. I'll remember that. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Anyway. on a more serious note, I just got the samples. HOLY SMOKES! (the no-profanity version), the leather is *awesome* and smells just like a new baseball glove. It's like my expensive Natuzzi leather sectional at home. Sandstone and Driftwood definitely match the 99 GS very well. I'm thinkin' of doing only the center console cover in Driftwood to hide the wear from the elbow.. Would that look too stupid? It would match the whole dash, and the door armrests. I'd love to use more of the driftwood color, but I'm concerned that it will be too much, too mixed up.
I have two more questions:
- Do you have to use any thinner leather to get the 'gathered' look? I don't think I'd want to compromise on leather thickness.
- How does this leather hold up to UV? Is there anything in the dye, or coating, to help out with UV fading/drying/cracking?

Jeremy, I'll call you by the end of the week to place my order.

Jerry.
Old 06-01-05, 09:25 AM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up Discount for 30?

Originally Posted by engin_ear
Jeremy,
Is there a discount for 30?
Will
Old 06-01-05, 11:43 AM
Leatherseats.com
Former Vendor

engin_ear: Hehe. There isnt a 30+ person discount just because I really doubt we will get that many people. We do have 29 people signed up, but there is normally about a 15-20% drop out rate so I think we will hit 20 but it might still be close. Besides that I really cant go any lower than I already am on these leather interiors.
I am glad you liked the leather. We use a very European type hide so it has more of a natural leather grain, but most people like that more. It is top grain, vat-dyed, automotive leather so it is dyed all the way threw and we put a clear coat across the top of the hide to help lock the moisture into the leather. This process is used with all good automotive leather so it will last a long while. We actually use the same leather for all of our kits so the gathered inserts is still the thick leather. The darker color on the console would look just fine.

Jeremy
Old 06-01-05, 12:13 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

I brought the samples in to work with me today, and I keep picking them up and sniffing them. I feel like I'm getting a little too close to the Catholic school girl on Saturday Night Live that used to stick her fingers under her arms and then sniff them.
Old 06-01-05, 12:19 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

jeremy

i got the samples today

all i can say beautiful , the leather is top notch and i love the grain on it

sandstone and driftwood as mentioned earlier is the way to go , man i cant wait jeremy to do what we spoke about , man i am all excitied now

Quick Reply: Leatherseats.com Official ClubLexus Group Buy...