Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

Leatherseats.com Group Buy!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-06, 08:50 AM
Leatherseats.com
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

spheezy: I am posting a few links under this that you can go to, to see the different in Deluxe and Premium. The kit does come with the front center console cover. It does not come with the door armrests. Those are a seperate purchase.

Deluxe
Premium

TexasGS: Thats funny. I got another e-mail this morning about that show also. Yes you are correct, that is me. I was the guest host on the DIY Network show "Tricked Out" during its first season. They are currently shooting their second season I believe and I have a sponsor of mine that is making an appearance then. Anyways... the install is very informative should give you a good idea of how to use all the tools and do the install and is also online on the DIY network website.
Old 01-16-06, 09:17 AM
TexasGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is it possible to get actual leather and suede samples? If so, how do we do we request the samples?
Old 01-16-06, 02:42 PM
Leatherseats.com
Former Vendor

TexasGS: Please e-mail billc@leatherseats.com with your mailing address and color requests. Leather colors are not a problem, but our suede swatches are much more limited because they are special order colors and we dont keep them in stock. So we can send you a sample of what the material looks like, and MAYBE of the color if its something we have in stock.

Jeremy
Old 01-16-06, 09:01 PM
sorka
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Jeremy, what would be the cost of a '92 300zx 2 seater set?

Here are some before and after gallaries of my SC400 from the second leatherseats.com group buy.

Gallaries:

Before

After

Some of the photos show very slight wrinkles as these were taken right after installation. Within a month, the leather had shrunk over the padding and the installation looked perfect.
Old 01-17-06, 06:57 AM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

sorka, what color did you go with, and how close was it to the stock color? Also, did you replace the piece on the door panel as well?

Thanks
Old 01-17-06, 08:21 AM
Leatherseats.com
Former Vendor

sorka: Great Install. The look really good. Thanks for sharing. E-mail me about the 300ZX. What color or colors are you looking for, any logos, etc? (jeremy@leatherseats.com)
Old 01-17-06, 10:00 AM
sorka
Lead Lap

Mail sent
Old 01-17-06, 10:07 AM
sorka
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TTurboPimp
sorka, what color did you go with, and how close was it to the stock color? Also, did you replace the piece on the door panel as well?

Thanks
I think it was the Sandstone. The color was probably closer to original than what was replaced. The original leather had darkened with age enough so that I could recall the difference in my mind from when it was new to the time I replaced it. As far as I can tell the replacement leather matched identically or nearly identically to the brochures.

Also, the leather I was replacing didn't have the gathers. Jeremy assured me that the gathers were there when the car was new and that the leather had simply shrunk making the gathers go away. At first I was skeptical. But then I saw a brochure picture of the same leather and indeed the gathers were there. After taking the old leather off, you could clearly see the gathers stitched in the old leather. So Jeremy was right all along. The gathers on the new leather are just now starting to flatten out which of course is normal. In a few years, they'll be gone....first from the seat bottom and then from the seat back.

I didn't need to replace the door panel piece as it was still in very good shape.
Old 01-17-06, 10:18 AM
yakky
Driver School Candidate

Add me to the list. SC300, Sandstone. So I'm guessing the $35 for perforated inserts covers all the seats, it is not per seat right?

What are some options for restoring the "tired" seat foam? My driver side has lost a good bit of its cushioning over the years.
Old 01-17-06, 10:43 AM
Leatherseats.com
Former Vendor

sorka: It was Sandstone. Thanks for the informative post, I think it will help a lot of people make a decision. It always helps to have previous customers answer questions and so forth with their own personal experiences with the product.

yakky: You are correct. $35.00 is to perf all 4 inserts (front and rear). New leather will help draw the seat back together somewhat, but if its REALLY broken down there is really no other way to go then to get new foam. I would probably suggest installing the new covers when you get them and see if it helps and if not... go get some new foam at the dealership. Many times people say that the new leather helps make a seat feel totally new because the old leather stretches out over time and so forth and allows the foam to flatten. The new leather will bring that foam closer back to its original shape.
Old 01-17-06, 01:15 PM
Davidss
Driver School Candidate

What about the is300?
Old 01-17-06, 11:33 PM
tpnotch420
Rookie

Originally Posted by sorka
Jeremy, what would be the cost of a '92 300zx 2 seater set?

Here are some before and after gallaries of my SC400 from the second leatherseats.com group buy.

Gallaries:

Before

After

Some of the photos show very slight wrinkles as these were taken right after installation. Within a month, the leather had shrunk over the padding and the installation looked perfect.
where did you get the wheel? Nice!!!!
Old 01-18-06, 07:23 AM
Leatherseats.com
Former Vendor

Davidss: What would you like to know about the IS? We do have the pattern for it and if you would like to join the group buy just let me know.

tpnotch420: I have a SC core steering wheel available that our company can do the same type of thing. Wrap it in wood/leather. Normally it runs right around $450.00 or so however, my SC core wheel is still out so it will be a little while before I can get it back. We just finish a custom leather/wood wheel rewrap along with all new finish on the rest of the wood pieces ins a red burlwood for an SC customer.
Old 01-18-06, 07:58 AM
Din
Lexus Champion

is there anyway to rewrap teh wheel then instead of doing a wood insert but have a paintable piece where the wood would of been placed?
Old 01-18-06, 10:36 AM
Leatherseats.com
Former Vendor

Din: We can do them with paint instead of wood. If you can find the paint, then I can have it painted whatever custom color you provide. If you wanting someone to paint it locally then I dont think that would be a problem to leave it unpainted for you.

Quick Reply: Leatherseats.com Group Buy!!!