Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

*MRR Wheels SPECIAL OFFER, FREE SHIPPING!*

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-06, 11:45 AM
MRRfan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by djjt
hey D2,

do you know the quality of MRR wheels as compared to the quality of Axis wheels. Though both are cast wheels, i heard that the process that Axis makes their cast wheels is pretty good and less like to bend/crack or whatever. Would you say the MRR quality is just as good or better or a little worse?

thanks

jt
Just wanted to point out that, the factory that makes MRR wheels also make some wheels for Axis, such as PENTA and the EXE series.
Old 07-24-06, 03:42 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by MRRfan
Just wanted to point out that, the factory that makes MRR wheels also make some wheels for Axis, such as PENTA and the EXE series.

Thanks for the input, I will also add that I like to support products with "real world" testimonials. The MRR GT1s that are pictured in black on the BMW 3series is on a Project Car that we did and the owner lives in NYC. He has yet to call me and complain of a crack or bend and on a slammed, compact car like that in NYC thats the best support I can give a product! lol
Old 07-24-06, 05:35 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

MRRfan, so your first post on this board is to validate the structural integrity of the MRR rims by stating that the same manufacturer also makes Axis/Penta/EXE wheels...

That's fishy.

Sounds like someone who would benefit from an increase in sales of MRR wheels just signed up to do a shameless plug for this special offer.

I think the rims themselves look great but if I were a potential buyer, I would be a little bothered about how you went out of your way to sign up today (7/24/2006) to post this message and nothing else.

Is it common practice to create fictional members to plug these vendor offers?

Do you work for D2?
Old 07-24-06, 09:41 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by cliffud

Do you work for D2?

I can understand where your coming from, but this person does not work for D2. This thread was started on 3-30-06 so I'd hate to think that D2 would take 4 months to get a employee to make a fake name and promote a wheel.

If that were the case, there would be a iFORGEDfan, WORKfan, MODULAREfan, WALDfan, etc etc lol
Old 07-26-06, 01:55 PM
okcfunky
Pole Position

My HR1's look killer!! Can't wait to get them on when I find lug nuts to fit for them.
for excellent wheels from ya'll.
Old 08-07-06, 12:21 PM
Panerai127
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Derrick, I sent you a PM with some more questions and then found this thread.. So HR2's staggered 19" are still discounted or what? Pm me please.. Is the white GS on those first pics chrome or aluminum, 19" or 20"?
Old 08-07-06, 12:22 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by dlomonosov
Hey Derrick, I sent you a PM with some more questions and then found this thread.. So HR2's staggered 19" are still discounted or what? Pm me please.. Is the white GS on those first pics chrome or aluminum, 19" or 20"?
Still availible, brushed aluminum, 20"
Old 09-01-06, 04:15 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

ALL wheels are in stock ready to ship in all finishes! Contact us for a quote with shipping!
Old 11-14-06, 03:03 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Still availible guys feel free to email stefan for a quote

stefan@d2autosport.com
Old 11-14-06, 03:14 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by cliffud

MRRfan, so your first post on this board is to validate the structural integrity of the MRR rims by stating that the same manufacturer also makes Axis/Penta/EXE wheels...

That's fishy.

Sounds like someone who would benefit from an increase in sales of MRR wheels just signed up to do a shameless plug for this special offer.

I think the rims themselves look great but if I were a potential buyer, I would be a little bothered about how you went out of your way to sign up today (7/24/2006) to post this message and nothing else.

Do you work for D2?
I just wanted to add that since this thread, I bought a wheel guide that talks about wheel making processes...among other things. Anyway, this guide says MRR wheels are of very good quality. They are made with the same casting process as Work and 5zigen. MRR has been making oem wheels for many many years and recently got into the aftermarket. They brought their casting process with them. Too lazy to get up to get the book but I believe it's called tilt die casting. They compare it to pouring beer in a glass by tilting the glass to reduce air and bubbles. The guide says this is the most expensive and efficient casting process and is very close to forging in strength.
Bottom line...anyone interested in MRR can rest assured of their quality.

PS...I don't work for Derrick or MRR. I do like Derrick, though. Haha!
Old 11-14-06, 03:16 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by reggiek
I just wanted to add that since this thread, I bought a wheel guide that talks about wheel making processes...among other things. Anyway, this guide says MRR wheels are of very good quality. They are made with the same casting process as Work and 5zigen. MRR has been making oem wheels for many many years and recently got into the aftermarket. They brought their casting process with them. Too lazy to get up to get the book but I believe it's called tilt die casting. They compare it to pouring beer in a glass by tilting the glass to reduce air and bubbles. The guide says this is the most expensive and efficient casting process and is very close to forging in strength.
Bottom line...anyone interested in MRR can rest assured of their quality.

Thanks for the info Reggie, please PM me the name of that book, its hard to quantify things like this especially when coming from a retailer (percieved bias). So third party commentary goes a long way!
Old 12-05-06, 06:23 AM
BoostAddct
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are these prices still good?
Old 12-05-06, 01:37 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BoostAddct
Are these prices still good?
Yes they are still effective.
Old 12-05-06, 04:14 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm looking for a good quality 1 piece chrome wheel for the 3GS and these wheels are definitely good quality. I'm looking for 19 so I can use the fat set up. My wife definitely cares about maintaining a comfy ride. Wifey also wants some lip action. Problem is the only MRR with nice size lip action is the 20 inch GT1. The 19 in GT1 lip are only about 1 in deep.
If the price is right I may be able to sway wifey. What's the price for 19 in chrome?
Old 12-05-06, 05:15 PM
uplusd
Lexus Test Driver

1) Stupid question - are those prices per wheel or for a set of 4?

2) If i got 19s on my 2GS with Tein CS setup would I have to deal with rolling/trimming fenders at all?

3) Can they be ordered with tires mounted/balanced?

Quick Reply: *MRR Wheels SPECIAL OFFER, FREE SHIPPING!*