Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

** Oh snap, GB on Carson Toyota/Lexus Parts JP Style LED Tail Lights for the GS **

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-06, 09:00 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Question Wheres My Tails?

Men in brown let me down today. They'll probably deliver it tomorrow while I'm at the BOS meet. Glen, can I still park next to you?
Old 06-17-06, 04:29 AM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Originally Posted by CarlssonLS400
check ur emails for the ups tracking
ok i never got my tracking info either my email is lexusondubs@hotmail.com please somebody get back with me thanks
Old 06-17-06, 05:16 AM
AZDesertGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't get a call.......but guess what showed up at the house yesterday....... Boxes in front of my house make me happy
Old 06-17-06, 06:36 AM
SUPRATRD
Original CL Sponsor since 1999

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AZDesertGS
I didn't get a call.......but guess what showed up at the house yesterday....... Boxes in front of my house make me happy
Surprise!!
Old 06-17-06, 06:42 AM
RayGS3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TAMR_GUS98
Men in brown let me down today. They'll probably deliver it tomorrow while I'm at the BOS meet. Glen, can I still park next to you?
oh Will..
My shipment came yesterday but I missed that. I called UPS and tried to arrange for pick up but most likely it will be available on Monday.
I asked if i can do will call on Sat but they said the center is closed.

i guess I'll go to UPS the first thing on Monday
Old 06-18-06, 11:29 AM
blackgs
Rookie

Smile =)!!

Got the lights, beautiful lights, amazed on the craftsmanship of this product. I'm ordering resistors for the lights so i can eliminate the "light" sign that comes on. We did the same on my friends A4 so hopefully it will work on lexus...pics will be up asap!
Old 06-18-06, 12:17 PM
SBMGS4
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by blackgs
Got the lights, beautiful lights, amazed on the craftsmanship of this product. I'm ordering resistors for the lights so i can eliminate the "light" sign that comes on. We did the same on my friends A4 so hopefully it will work on lexus...pics will be up asap!
If it works, please be so kind as to share the information. I'm thinking about these, but really don't want to pull the bulb.

Thanks.
Old 06-18-06, 08:05 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by blackgs
Word to the wise - the resistors are really only supposed to be used to correct for a quick flashing TURN SIGNAL. In that mode, the current is pulsed, and the resistor has a chance to cool slightly during 50% off times. If you use them for tails, they will be on all the time, with no cool cycle. They will get VERY HOT, so watch where you mount them. It is best to mount them away from plastic, and directly onto metal, so that it acts as a good heat sink. Don't say I didn't warn ya. If you happen to mount these in a poor place and something melts (like your new tails) or your car catches fire one night, shortly after turning your lights on, it will be ugly.
There are better ways, AS HAVE BEEN DISCUSSED, of getting rid of the bulb out indication-
1) removal of the bulb in the dash
2) disabling the lamp failure module.
Better KNOW what you are doing if you're going to use the resistors.
Old 06-18-06, 09:15 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by engin_ear
Word to the wise - the resistors are really only supposed to be used to correct for a quick flashing TURN SIGNAL. In that mode, the current is pulsed, and the resistor has a chance to cool slightly during 50% off times. If you use them for tails, they will be on all the time, with no cool cycle. They will get VERY HOT, so watch where you mount them. It is best to mount them away from plastic, and directly onto metal, so that it acts as a good heat sink. Don't say I didn't warn ya. If you happen to mount these in a poor place and something melts (like your new tails) or your car catches fire one night, shortly after turning your lights on, it will be ugly.
There are better ways, AS HAVE BEEN DISCUSSED, of getting rid of the bulb out indication-
1) removal of the bulb in the dash
2) disabling the lamp failure module.
Better KNOW what you are doing if you're going to use the resistors.
very good point there. in fact, someone i know tried it for his turn signal on the is300, and i believe even with that setup, a 2 min flashing cycle (you can get into those cases at red light), it will get very hot already too and melt plastic. so definitely be careful
Old 06-19-06, 06:54 AM
SUPRATRD

Second batch of lights should be here soon!
Old 06-19-06, 07:33 AM
49GS400
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SUPRATRD
Soon as in TODAY-SOON.
Old 06-19-06, 10:26 AM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Question Tracking Number?

Originally Posted by SUPRATRD
Hey Steve,
I was wondering if you could get me a tracking number for mine. Got the call from Luis last week, but the men in brown have yet to bring it to my door. Hoping to see it today.
Thanks,
Will
Old 06-19-06, 04:06 PM
GS526
Driver

so if I ordered the lights this week, how long would my wait be?
Old 06-19-06, 10:39 PM
blackgs
Rookie

Post led resistors?

you know how i said led resistors? Well i meant to say LED load equalizers..i dont know if you guys understood or misunderstood...you guys are the experts...i was planning to install in a place against metal so it doesnt damage my taillights in any way...here the link to what i ordered..let me know what you guys think so I can be well informed before i do anything.

http://autolumination.com/equalizers.htm

let me know whatsup...thanks guys! always on the lookout for noobs like me!

oh yea..anyone know where i can buy the bolts and nuts that attach the taillight to the caR? Specs would be helpful too! thanks in advance!
Old 06-20-06, 03:14 PM
SUPRATRD

Originally Posted by GS526
so if I ordered the lights this week, how long would my wait be?
I'm trying to get the rest here in 2 weeks..........

Quick Reply: ** Oh snap, GB on Carson Toyota/Lexus Parts JP Style LED Tail Lights for the GS **