Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

** Oh snap, GB on Carson Toyota/Lexus Parts JP Style LED Tail Lights for the GS **

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-06, 07:57 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'll wait also...shouldve waited for the 2nd batch too....
Old 09-07-06, 08:15 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Willing to wait, just like we did when we waited for the first batch. Just don't want to get screwed like we did with the first batch. Sorry but that REALY pissed me off.
-Will
Old 09-08-06, 06:31 AM
TeflonGS
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusondubs
were all willing to wait but for how long that needs to be determined ??
^^tru dat. Hope it's not next year.
Old 09-13-06, 06:37 AM
BoostAddct
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So what's the latest story? I just purchased a GS and I would like to order the outer an inners right away. Does anyone know if these are in stock or will they be backordered for awhile? Also, what is the current price, does the group buy price still apply?
Old 09-13-06, 09:55 PM
corkycal
Lexus Champion

best to call carson to see if they have the outer. as for the inners, they have not been ordered yet so everyone has to wait for these.
Old 09-13-06, 10:13 PM
trbopooh
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TAMR_GUS98
Willing to wait, just like we did when we waited for the first batch. Just don't want to get screwed like we did with the first batch. Sorry but that REALY pissed me off.
-Will
didn't steve state that there was going to be a light out from the first batch??? u could pm engin ear about how he defeated the light out.
Old 09-13-06, 11:47 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Default Bulb Warning Bypass.

Originally Posted by trbopooh
didn't steve state that there was going to be a light out from the first batch??? u could pm engin ear about how he defeated the light out.
Thanks for the tip, but I have already bypassed the bulb warning feature on my ride, right after I installed them. Then I hear that it was not neccessary for the second batch. How would you feel. Like many here, I would have wanted the bulb warning feature operational. I would have waited longer, than we did to get the first batch, to get the second batch.
O.K. lets not kill the messenger. I do not blame Steve and the boys for this mess. But they should have the leverage to have the manufacturer do something about the defective first batch. At least give us a bonafide solution than pulling the bulb out of the dash or pulling a wire out of the bulb warning sensor thats in the trunk. Or tell us what the difference is between the first and second batch.

-Will
Old 09-14-06, 12:07 AM
trbopooh
Lead Lap

i hear where you're coming from. am i going to get upset though? everyone had a choice when steve started this thread. to buy knowing that there was going to be a light out on the dash or wait not knowing when and if there will be a set of lights that would cause the light out. i'm part of the latter. i would have sold my first set to someone and get in on the second set if i was that upset.
i'm glad that you got it figured out. i'm kinda tired of reading posts that should probably be taken to pm. i know that steve wouldn't intentionally screw the lexus community. if it was an easy fix i'm sure they would let the people from the first batch know. i'm also sure that he would have done something if he could. if you read their later posts, carson was stuck with and couldn't return or exchange their first batch lights. at least this time around for the inners, carson is going to get it right.

Last edited by trbopooh; 09-14-06 at 12:54 AM. Reason: edit
Old 09-14-06, 09:24 AM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by trbopooh
i hear where you're coming from. am i going to get upset though? everyone had a choice when steve started this thread. to buy knowing that there was going to be a light out on the dash or wait not knowing when and if there will be a set of lights that would cause the light out. i'm part of the latter. i would have sold my first set to someone and get in on the second set if i was that upset.
i'm glad that you got it figured out. i'm kinda tired of reading posts that should probably be taken to pm. i know that steve wouldn't intentionally screw the lexus community. if it was an easy fix i'm sure they would let the people from the first batch know. i'm also sure that he would have done something if he could. if you read their later posts, carson was stuck with and couldn't return or exchange their first batch lights. at least this time around for the inners, carson is going to get it right.
Thanks for seeing my side of the coin my friend. Like I said, I do not mean to kill the messenger. This whole thing is not entirely Steves fault. But to get things straight. Yes, we were told that there would be a light in the dash. And those of us that bought into the first batch were willing to deal with it. We were also told we would get a good price if we waited for the first batch. So we patiently waited and waited. We were not given the choice of waiting for the second batch because Steve did not know that there would be a remedy for the bulb failure light in the dash at the time. Those that got damaged goods in the first batch actually lucked out.
In the end it was not just Carson that got stuck with the first batch, those of us that bought into it also got stuck with it. Selling it and buying a set from the second batch is losing proposition. Who would want to buy a used set that they know would cause the bulb failure light to come on in the dash. When they could buy a new set that won't.
I hope with the inners, they do get it right. Looks like they will. The poll they put up was a good idea.

-Will
Old 09-14-06, 10:06 AM
trbopooh
Lead Lap

[QUOTE=TAMR_GUS98;2123412]Thanks for seeing my side of the coin my friend. Like I said, I do not mean to kill the messenger. This whole thing is not entirely Steves fault. But to get things straight. Yes, we were told that there would be a light in the dash. And those of us that bought into the first batch were willing to deal with it. We were also told we would get a good price if we waited for the first batch. So we patiently waited and waited. We were not given the choice of waiting for the second batch because Steve did not know that there would be a remedy for the bulb failure light in the dash at the time. Those that got damaged goods in the first batch actually lucked out.
In the end it was not just Carson that got stuck with the first batch, those of us that bought into it also got stuck with it. Selling it and buying a set from the second batch is losing proposition. Who would want to buy a used set that they know would cause the bulb failure light to come on in the dash. When they could buy a new set that won't.
I hope with the inners, they do get it right. Looks like they will. The poll they put up was a good idea.

-Will[/QUOTE

i sympathize with you. i think that it sucks but should have been taken to pm to voice your displeasure. i just don't want this thread turning negative.
Old 09-14-06, 10:49 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

A few things to note.

1. Steve was reluctant to bring in an untested OEM product but he got so many email/PM/phone requests asking him to do so that he agreed to do it as a service to the CL community. At the time, there was only one version available.

2. Steve brought the product in at an incredible discount. Remember the initial $600-$700 estimates. He beat that signifiantly.

3. There is ALWAYS a risk when you want to be bleeding edge. This is true for ANY technology. Thanks to some testing by RMMGS4 and early adopters, the light out was a known fact and everyone who bought them did so with the knowledge.

4. As with any tech, newer versions always correct early deficiencies. We are lucky, in a sense, that this is a wiring issue and the manufacturer can spend a little time in R&D. I am sure if there was a minor bothersome but not functional issue with the light mold, I doubt it the manufacturer would spend the money to create another mold.

5. Realistically, Steve and his crew do not have the resources to test out every product he sells. If he can get access to a body kit (that no one has) and someone wants it, the buyer can choose to risk fitment. Some kits will fit badly and some with no modifications. With Steve's current business model, he cannot test everything. If we all want guarantees, be prepared for Steve to not offer new and exciting products. If we want Steve to be a resource to CL so the members can have access to JDM products, there are inherent risks we all have to deal with. He tries to help if he can but ultimately, the product is what it is.

Let's say someone has decided to retrofit projectors like the Q45 ones into the 2GS headlights. They sell it as a packaged deal for $1200. This is similar pricing to retrofit pricing but this is with custom molded parts and brackets, bulbs and ballasts, i.e. bolt on, no unbaking to risk seal issue, shrouds look like they were made for the product, ... . A bunch of people wants a set and inundates Steve with requests. He makes his contacts and gets them for $600. This much cheaper than doing a retrofit. Should he help and make the product available? Or take a safe stand and just say he can't because he cannot risk a problem with this non-OEM product?

As with all our CL vendors, Steve is a great resource for CL members. He is trying his best to make the members happy. Anyone buying into products like these lights bought with full knowledge of the issues. To me, in this case, Steve is not at fault AT ALL. Unless we want to tie Steve's hands and change how he does business, let it go.

Being on the bleeding edge has its costs and risks. Who bought early plasma TVs for $10k-$15k? I am sure some did. Look at current ones for $3k-5k with better quality and more features.

I bought my GS in Jan 98, pretty much when the 2GS came out and was a hot ticket. I had to buy for MSRP. Was I bitter that the later models had more features/fixes and could be bought for below MSRP? Heck yes, but it is what it is. I took that risk to be one of the firsts to have the GS. That's the way it goes.

Anyway, let's move on from this light/no light issue. Thanks.
Old 09-14-06, 07:13 PM
#1gs300
Lead Lap

Bro u couldn't have said it no better i wish people start to appreciate what others are trying to do for them. Please people get over it. It's the past know u have the option to get the first or wait for the second batch of inners.just put a peice of black tape over the light if it annoys u guy's.

Originally Posted by Neo
A few things to note.

1. Steve was reluctant to bring in an untested OEM product but he got so many email/PM/phone requests asking him to do so that he agreed to do it as a service to the CL community. At the time, there was only one version available.

2. Steve brought the product in at an incredible discount. Remember the initial $600-$700 estimates. He beat that signifiantly.

3. There is ALWAYS a risk when you want to be bleeding edge. This is true for ANY technology. Thanks to some testing by RMMGS4 and early adopters, the light out was a known fact and everyone who bought them did so with the knowledge.

4. As with any tech, newer versions always correct early deficiencies. We are lucky, in a sense, that this is a wiring issue and the manufacturer can spend a little time in R&D. I am sure if there was a minor bothersome but not functional issue with the light mold, I doubt it the manufacturer would spend the money to create another mold.

5. Realistically, Steve and his crew do not have the resources to test out every product he sells. If he can get access to a body kit (that no one has) and someone wants it, the buyer can choose to risk fitment. Some kits will fit badly and some with no modifications. With Steve's current business model, he cannot test everything. If we all want guarantees, be prepared for Steve to not offer new and exciting products. If we want Steve to be a resource to CL so the members can have access to JDM products, there are inherent risks we all have to deal with. He tries to help if he can but ultimately, the product is what it is.

Let's say someone has decided to retrofit projectors like the Q45 ones into the 2GS headlights. They sell it as a packaged deal for $1200. This is similar pricing to retrofit pricing but this is with custom molded parts and brackets, bulbs and ballasts, i.e. bolt on, no unbaking to risk seal issue, shrouds look like they were made for the product, ... . A bunch of people wants a set and inundates Steve with requests. He makes his contacts and gets them for $600. This much cheaper than doing a retrofit. Should he help and make the product available? Or take a safe stand and just say he can't because he cannot risk a problem with this non-OEM product?

As with all our CL vendors, Steve is a great resource for CL members. He is trying his best to make the members happy. Anyone buying into products like these lights bought with full knowledge of the issues. To me, in this case, Steve is not at fault AT ALL. Unless we want to tie Steve's hands and change how he does business, let it go.

Being on the bleeding edge has its costs and risks. Who bought early plasma TVs for $10k-$15k? I am sure some did. Look at current ones for $3k-5k with better quality and more features.

I bought my GS in Jan 98, pretty much when the 2GS came out and was a hot ticket. I had to buy for MSRP. Was I bitter that the later models had more features/fixes and could be bought for below MSRP? Heck yes, but it is what it is. I took that risk to be one of the firsts to have the GS. That's the way it goes.

Anyway, let's move on from this light/no light issue. Thanks.
Old 09-20-06, 11:08 AM
BurgandyGS
Pole Position

ditto ditto ditto... Carson is great and I will continue to buy from them. Keep up the good work guys!!
Old 10-08-06, 08:57 PM
GS300.ru
Pole Position

Hello,
Is the sale for this price still ON? I want them.
Old 10-23-06, 05:46 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Talking Keeping My 1st Batch.

Just wondering how many people are having problems with these lights.
Check out this thread. Seems the quality is not there on the second batch.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=244308

Quick Reply: ** Oh snap, GB on Carson Toyota/Lexus Parts JP Style LED Tail Lights for the GS **