Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

New!!! Leatherseats.com group buy!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-06, 08:26 PM
RealNinjuz
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Leatherseats.com
RealNinjuz: We will have that pattern as soon as we can get someone to donate their OEM leather covers for patterning .
Will it entitle me to a free kit?

Also, how long would it take?
Old 06-01-06, 08:01 PM
LexusPunk
Pole Position

Did you have the stock heater in? Can it be used as well?
No, because mine did not come with heaters. The two would work together, you just need to find space when installing the heat pad. Also, it will be two different buttons...but thats kinda nice considering you can then control the amount, area, and intensity of heat.
Old 06-04-06, 10:55 PM
Suneet
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Whats going on with this guys? I never saw an updated post with when the last time to order is. I'm really excited about my new interior!
Old 06-05-06, 08:02 AM
Leatherseats.com
Former Vendor

jtucci: The premium content upgrade is more leather in the back seat. In the regular kit, the front seating surfaces (facing) are leather and the sides and backs are matching vinyl. The backseat has leather on the inserts only. The upgrade is for the backseat to have leather seating surfaces to match the front seats.

bruce van: Thanks for the compliments! Enjoy the new leather!

RealNinjuz: Unfortunately it will not. As far as turn around time, you would be looking at 3-4 weeks.

Suneet: This is the last week to order. See the next post.
Old 06-05-06, 08:09 AM
Leatherseats.com
Former Vendor

Alright guys and girls! Last week was technically the last week to order, however due to Memorial day and the shorter week, we are extending it to the end of this week. Everyone that would like to get in on the group buy needs to call and place their orders by this Friday! Our toll-free number is 866-639-7328. If you are calling from another country, our local number is 405-848-9999.
Old 06-06-06, 12:13 AM
Suneet
Lexus Champion

I'm gonna jump on this and order tomorrow guys! Is there any chance I can place my order but still be sent a sample of the leathers? I'm still deciding between a couple colors.
Old 06-07-06, 02:03 PM
Leatherseats.com
Former Vendor

That is fine. Just go ahead and give me a call and I will mark you down as ordered but "pending color selection".
Old 06-08-06, 12:36 PM
Suneet
Lexus Champion

Placed my order Come on guys! If you were thinking of ordering, hurry!
Old 06-08-06, 04:16 PM
Leatherseats.com
Former Vendor

Alright...we are up to three orders. If we get to 8, I'll give everyone the 10 person price. Call us to place your orders!
Old 06-09-06, 05:30 AM
High PSI
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think the problem is that this group buy just didn't get any publicity. I actually want to pick these up, but never heard anything about the group buy, I just accidentally stumbled across it a week or so ago. With all the previous group buys I heard about them within a week of them being organized.
Old 06-09-06, 05:39 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

well not entirely... my problem is that the installers here charge an arm and a leg to do the work, and when i asked on the gs forum if it was a possible DIY job the responses i got back were not positive... so i'm stuck
Old 06-09-06, 05:49 AM
High PSI
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Benjamin T
well not entirely... my problem is that the installers here charge an arm and a leg to do the work, and when i asked on the gs forum if it was a possible DIY job the responses i got back were not positive... so i'm stuck
That may be your problem, but as I recall every other Leatherseats.com group buy had a minimum of 20 people, and the install has always been the same.

By the way, from what I've read, it's not that bad. All the SC guys do it on their own...guess they're just more ballsy than the GS owners.
Old 06-09-06, 07:22 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

i guess... i'm assuming the sc seats are not as complicated. some of the gs owners who answered back did participate in past group buys, but still haven't installed them for my reason. the common problems i was given was hooking up all the heating hardware and the power features... then the seats either stopped working or got noisy... the cheapest shop i could find quoted me 15 hours labor...

Last edited by Benjamin T; 06-09-06 at 07:28 AM.
Old 06-09-06, 07:39 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,310 Likes on 1,409 Posts

Originally Posted by Benjamin T
i guess... i'm assuming the sc seats are not as complicated. some of the gs owners who answered back did participate in past group buys, but still haven't installed them for my reason. the common problems i was given was hooking up all the heating hardware and the power features... then the seats either stopped working or got noisy... the cheapest shop i could find quoted me 15 hours labor...
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...highlight=seat

Poll of info on the seat install costs (US), mine was done recently for about $600

Old 06-09-06, 07:42 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,310 Likes on 1,409 Posts

I wrote this up for the last Leatherseats GB and thought it may be valuable here

Originally Posted by engin_ear
OK, got all the samples now. Here's my take on the various colors that are close:
(keep in mind that this is relative to a '99 GS tan interior)

Taupe - No. Just no. A little too brown and a poor match.
Light Mocha - More brown, not greenish enough for the darker areas.
*Driftwood - Unquestionably the best match for the darker areas.

*Sandstone - Best match to factory leather & plastic trim areas-just *slightly* more pinkish tone than factory. Probably close enough that re-covering door panel leather is not required.
Adobe - Not bad, a little on the grayish-pink side of factory, and slightly darker.
Bisque - Considerably more Tan than factory.
*Cream - Also a little more Tan than factory like Bisque, a bit lighter and more yellow though, also an OK choice.

The Sandstone/Driftwood combination appears to be the best matching combo for the '99 GS and similar interiors. However, anyone looking to change the look somewhat, or to shift the color scheme slightly, might also be interested in Adobe, Bisque, or Cream, but requires re-covering the door panel leather to match properly.

Standard disclaimers apply - comparisons were done with my two eyes only, in both inside and outdoor lighting. Your tastes may vary.
I agree with your assessment 100% Sandstone / Driftwood for me as well.

I took some pictures with both my 98 GS and 98 LS, some came out better than others with lighting I had... Of course everyone's leather ages differently depending on where you park it etc.

Hopefully these will be helpful if someone is deciding on colors as I was.
============================
1998 LS400 Ivory Interior. I'm not getting the kit for my LS, but thought the pics might be helpful for someone who is.

Swatch Color Key

Without flash

With flash

Driftwood vs dash color

Quick Reply: New!!! Leatherseats.com group buy!!!