Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

New!!! Leatherseats.com group buy!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-06, 05:41 PM
Leatherseats.com
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, we are up to 7 people, so just one more and I can start putting these orders through for the people that are ready! Anyone can still call in and order. The next person that orders will get everyone to the 10 person discount, so give us a call toll-free at 866-639-7328. If you are in another country and our toll-free doesn't work, our regular number is 405-848-9999.
Old 06-19-06, 09:33 PM
CleanCL
Lead Lap

i contacted about 15 people who showed interest but don't appear to have ordered. maybe give them a day or two and possibly we can get more than 10 people.
Old 06-20-06, 10:59 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Leatherseats.com
Okay, we are up to 7 people, so just one more and I can start putting these orders through for the people that are ready! Anyone can still call in and order. The next person that orders will get everyone to the 10 person discount, so give us a call toll-free at 866-639-7328. If you are in another country and our toll-free doesn't work, our regular number is 405-848-9999.

i was one of the first people that requested another group buy be started up atleast a month or two ago. now i just get a PM from a member telling me that if i get in TODAY i will be able to make it in with the group buy pricing. heres the problem. today is the FIRST day anyone even told me that this group buy was going again, and somehow my name is on the list for this CURRENT group buy even though no one even bothered to tell me that this had started up again. had i known back in may when this started up i would have put some money aside but this is just absurd. i mean the group buy is basically over and i get a PM from some member telling me to get in before its to late because this new one is about to end and why havent i paid because my names on the list?! and apparantely after looking at the first page somehow the thread starter bothered to list me as one of the buyers but never bothered to email me and let me know that this was up and running again. this was poorly organized if i had known weeks ago when this was actually started i would have been able to join in. im not going to scramble for extra cash now to meet a deadline that i think is already way past. im just a little offended because i was one of the first people that PM'd that asianchick or girl whatever her screenname is, as well as pm'd leatherseats.com and dave and somehow im the last one to find out about this buy and its already done.
Old 06-20-06, 11:03 AM
Suneet
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by upstateGS4
i was one of the first people that requested another group buy be started up atleast a month or two ago. now i just get a PM from a member telling me that if i get in TODAY i will be able to make it in with the group buy pricing. heres the problem. today is the FIRST day anyone even told me that this group buy was going again, and somehow my name is on the list for this CURRENT group buy even though no one even bothered to tell me that this had started up again. had i known back in may when this started up i would have put some money aside but this is just absurd. i mean the group buy is basically over and i get a PM from some member telling me to get in before its to late because this new one is about to end and why havent i paid because my names on the list?! and apparantely after looking at the first page somehow the thread starter bothered to list me as one of the buyers but never bothered to email me and let me know that this was up and running again. this was poorly organized if i had known weeks ago when this was actually started i would have been able to join in. im not going to scramble for extra cash now to meet a deadline that i think is already way past. im just a little offended because i was one of the first people that PM'd that asianchick or girl whatever her screenname is, as well as pm'd leatherseats.com and dave and somehow im the last one to find out about this buy and its already done.
Thats unfortunate man. I'm sorry you werent notified. Had I known, I would have notified you. But if you can, you should try and get in on this group buy! They don't charge the credit cards till they ship I believe, so that gives you a good 3-4 weeks to save up. A couple other people have complained that they didn't know about the group buy. Can't do too much about it now. But since you now know, and are interested, you should seriously reconsider. Bottom line, they have a great product, and right now the price is good.
Old 06-20-06, 11:39 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,271 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by upstateGS4
Upstate,

Wow, quite a barrage there, I'd advise you to check that at the door... There has been a forum-wide annoucement up on this GB since early June. It's bright orange and at the top of every single forum. This GB has also been here in this forum for more than a month.... it's not hidden or anything.

Just to be very clear in the chain of events you list above... you PMd me in early May asking if there would be another GB and I told you I thought there would be one and to keep watch. I didn't take any responsibility to PM you back when one started. If I'd thought about it I certainly would have, but there is just too much going on to remember all those past details. I truly thought the forum wide annoucement would work to get the word out.

I'm sorry you didn't get notified or read the annoucement. I hope someone else will step up to take the slot and move forward if you can't make this one.

Let's get this GB back on track and if you have further discussion about this topic PM me directly
Old 06-20-06, 12:02 PM
CleanCL
Lead Lap

i also thought this groupbuy would have been much bigger, but it was short notice. we had less than 2 weeks from the first deadline date. but i am thankful it was extended. that's why i took it upon myself to PM some people who showed interest just in case they had forgot or didn't see it.
Old 06-20-06, 12:06 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,271 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by jtucci
i also thought this groupbuy would have been much bigger, but it was short notice. we had less than 2 weeks from the first deadline date. but i am thankful it was extended. that's why i took it upon myself to PM some people who showed interest just in case they had forgot or didn't see it.
Thank you for doing that
Old 06-20-06, 12:47 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Upstate,

Wow, quite a barrage there, I'd advise you to check that at the door...

no barrage dave, not bashing anyone either. i just wish considering someone added my name to the buyer list without telling me, that they would have notified me that this buy was back up. and believe it or not i never did pay attention to the big orange banner at the top of the 2nd gen forum im always in ( JUST went to go look at that now and laughed at what an idiot i was for not noticing when i saw how big it was)- that definitely is my fault . like i said though im just saying i wish i knew sooner considering somehow i got on the new buy list without requesting i be put on it, but wasnt notified thru email or pm that i was placed there...i had emailed 2 different guys at leather seats.com a ways back and neither ever responded so this was definitely a surprise to me. its not anyones fault but my own for not keeping up with this and checking back, im just disappointed im missing out again. i know this stuff is top quality but i cant buy right now on this type of notice this month so whoever is in control of this thread please REMOVE me from the list of buyers. for these products regardless.

Last edited by upstateGS4; 06-20-06 at 01:01 PM.
Old 06-20-06, 01:07 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

The list I started is interested members only, in no way are you obligated to buy. It was for the sole purpose of getting a general idea of who's interested. Real buyers have already submitted or are in the process of setting up payment. Don't worry, Leatherseats knows you're not buying this time.

It's your responsibility to check back for new sales/updates. A fellow member did that out of consideration for you.

Perhaps they can do something for you next month when you are ready?
Old 06-20-06, 02:13 PM
noop
Instructor

I called and spoke to Bill today, gave him all my info, I'm just waiting on some leather samples to come in so that I can order mine.
Old 06-20-06, 05:07 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

so what is the legit (direct from leatherseats.com people) absolute LAST cut off date that these packages can be ordered to get in on the group pricing?
Old 06-20-06, 09:31 PM
alanhp
Driver School Candidate

Default Getting In On Buy

I Would Like To Get In On The Buy Can U Give The Price For Front And Rear Seats And The Arm Rest. I Also Would Need You To Send Me Some Sample Of Leather Cause Im Not Sure What Color I Want.
Old 06-20-06, 10:40 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

It this available for an SC430 with extended bolsters?
thanks
Lee
Old 06-20-06, 10:47 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

I will call Leatherseats tomorrow (Wed) and try my best to get all your questions answered.

Please post here in meantime before 12 noon pst any final objectives before then. I will post answers afer!

We need a final head count as group buy is LONG overdue!

Thanks to everyone for supporting CL sponsers!

Old 06-21-06, 09:22 AM
anulex
Pole Position

Hey no metion of the RX300. My uncle would love to buy a set for his and if price is right ill get a set for mine just for the hell of it.

Quick Reply: New!!! Leatherseats.com group buy!!!