Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

New!!! Leatherseats.com group buy!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-06, 10:37 PM
jpvarghese
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok my '99 SC has perforated inserts. HOw much for the whole leather kit using REAL leather with the perforated inserts. I don't want vinyl or anything fake/imitation. This is for the front and rear seats, and the armrest in black. Are there different types of leather you guys offer (different animals, hides, premium leather, etc.)?
-Justin
Old 07-06-06, 11:36 AM
Suneet
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Pictures of Darker Colors

These may help some of the people with darker interiors:

The colors in order from left to right are:

Black, Dark Graphite, Graphite, Charcoal, Light Grey, Smoke

Here's the combination I'm thinking of. Dark graphite and smoke. Dark graphite seems to match the dark color on my dash pretty well, and smoke matches the door panels. However, it is still darker than the carpet.

Graphite on the darker color:

Smoke on the lighter color/carpet:

Old 07-06-06, 02:48 PM
Leatherseats.com
Former Vendor

alanhp: No problem. Just give me a call!

High PSI: Lol. Someone must have forgotten that our Holiday setting was recorded for Memorial day. We were closed Saturday through yesterday for the 4th. We are open now. Just give us a call. Email isn't the best way to send CC information. We are open Monday through Friday, 10AM to 6PM central time.

jpvarghese: If you want a 100% leather kit in single-tone with perforated inserts, the price is $1034.00 plus shipping. We don't offer different levels of hide. All of our leather is the same. We do have different materials, such as suede, ostrich, etc.
Old 07-07-06, 10:21 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

do you have a SC430 kit??
Old 07-10-06, 02:13 PM
Leatherseats.com
Former Vendor

tonydt1g3r: Not yet. We are still waiting for the donor covers to come in for patterning.
Old 07-12-06, 07:16 PM
CleanCL
Lead Lap

i received my invoice on july 5th but it's dated 6/29... does this mean my seats are being made or being shipped?

Old 07-13-06, 11:01 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

so... is this group buy thing closed now? exactly how many people are in? i'm not sure if the list on the first page is current, so i'm not sure at what discount level we're at and how much i'll be owing
Old 07-13-06, 11:10 AM
Suneet
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Benjamin T
so... is this group buy thing closed now? exactly how many people are in? i'm not sure if the list on the first page is current, so i'm not sure at what discount level we're at and how much i'll be owing
I think the group buy is still open, and I believe there are 10 people in it. You will for sure get the 10 person discount. I think we're still pretty far from 20 though. Give them a call.
Old 07-13-06, 11:13 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

will someone from the shop be contacting us? or is it up to us to keep calling? i didn't get any receipts or such that jtucci got.
Old 07-13-06, 02:53 PM
Suneet
Lexus Champion

Did you already order? If you have yet to order, you need to call them.
Old 07-13-06, 02:56 PM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

yes i have... i'm on the list, but i only count 7 people as having "ordered", not 10... but i don't know how current that list is.
Old 07-13-06, 02:57 PM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

just out of curiosity... what is ostrich skin like as a being part of a seat? is it just like normal leather, but with an obvious different look? is it difficult to maintain? expensive? the website only mentions it as an option and not much else.
Old 07-13-06, 03:13 PM
slickis
Former Vendor

jtucci: That just means that it took them a few days to email the invoice. As for your kit, I show that it is shipping out today. You should have received a tracking number via email.

Benjamin T: The group buy is closed, however if you placed an order pending color selection you can call in anytime. I just checked and I do have your information. Just give me a call to complete your order. The Ostrich material we use is acutally leather (cow hide) that is stamped and then dyed to look like Ostrich. You can feel the "bumps" on the material, but it is pretty durable since it is leather. The cost for Exotics upgrade is $125.00.
Old 07-13-06, 08:32 PM
CleanCL
Lead Lap

i did get my invoice, just about 4 weeks like they said! i can't wait. thanks.
Old 07-14-06, 07:25 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by slickis
jtucci: That just means that it took them a few days to email the invoice. As for your kit, I show that it is shipping out today. You should have received a tracking number via email.

Benjamin T: The group buy is closed, however if you placed an order pending color selection you can call in anytime. I just checked and I do have your information. Just give me a call to complete your order. The Ostrich material we use is acutally leather (cow hide) that is stamped and then dyed to look like Ostrich. You can feel the "bumps" on the material, but it is pretty durable since it is leather. The cost for Exotics upgrade is $125.00.
slickis... are you the new company contact i should be dealing with now online? my calling card has expired (i'm in canada so your 1-800 number does not work for me)... i will try and call when i get another one.

it's been so long and i cannot remember what was said... when i ordered there were only 3-4 people at the time and it wasn't certain whether the group buy was going ahead or not. then there were the extensions on the deadline and so much time as passed... i wasn't sure what was going on.

my color selection was just black with silver stitching. my interior is just the standard factory black leather for a 99 gs400 (i'm not sure if it says that in your records). but after slumming through your website i noticed the ostrich skin sample.... do you have a larger picture, or a picture of it actually covering a seat? i'm wondering if i want to do the center parts of my seats with this material, if it's practical and looks good.

also... i managed to finally find a decent well-priced installer in my area http://www.proleather.com ... $500cdn to re/re everything... but, the installer asked if all the mounting hardware is already on the new covers? i don't know if you do that or not.... because if he has to transfer everything over from the old covers to the new ones, it's another $500, for a total of $1k

Last edited by Benjamin T; 07-14-06 at 10:05 AM.

Quick Reply: New!!! Leatherseats.com group buy!!!