Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

** IN STOCK ** New 98-05 Re-Designed GS TEIN CS COILOVERS!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-06, 10:24 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Hameed
Will these work with the EDFC from the previous gen Tein Flex?
Hameed,
On the picture of the first post you can see the EDFC with the thumbs up.

It's compatible.
Old 05-23-06, 10:24 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
Hameed,
On the picture of the first post you can see the EDFC with the thumbs up.

It's compatible.
there are different models of edfc though, the question is whether we can still use the *same* edfc as the current tein cs
Old 05-23-06, 11:54 PM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by rominl
there are different models of edfc though, the question is whether we can still use the *same* edfc as the current tein cs

Well the thread mounting size for the EDFC motors on the GS has been consistently the same for all EDFC and CS/ FLEX / RA / HA models.

It would be pretty crazy for Tein to not follow their standardized fitments.

As a consumer, all I should care is that the EDFC Thumbs up logo is there. This is not anything new.

It's Tein's responsibility fo manage all the different EDFC models they offer., right?
Old 05-24-06, 12:35 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Well the thread mounting size for the EDFC motors on the GS has been consistently the same for all EDFC and CS/ FLEX / RA / HA models.

It would be pretty crazy for Tein to not follow their standardized fitments.

As a consumer, all I should care is that the EDFC Thumbs up logo is there. This is not anything new.

It's Tein's responsibility fo manage all the different EDFC models they offer., right?
i am not saying it won't, but then we don't have firm confirmation, that's why hameed's question is valid. it's tein's responsibility to make sure it works, but that doesn't make the answer automatic. as stupid as it sounds we have seen examples from other companies before on compatibility on new products.
Old 05-24-06, 12:46 AM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by rominl
i am not saying it won't, but then we don't have firm confirmation, that's why hameed's question is valid. it's tein's responsibility to make sure it works, but that doesn't make the answer automatic. as stupid as it sounds we have seen examples from other companies before on compatibility on new products.
Yes there are stupid companies out there, but I'd like to give Tein more credit than that.

Call it faith and trust in a reputable company if you will.

I'm sure we'll hear confirmation soon enough.
Old 05-24-06, 12:48 PM
Lexbox
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Just ordered mine
Old 05-24-06, 06:18 PM
milky
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any idea how much the new cs can lower a GS?
Old 05-30-06, 09:23 AM
Carson-Lex
Original CL Sponsor since 1999

Default Update

UPDATE ON THE EDFC COMPATABILITY ON THE FIRST PAGE.

THE OLD GS EDFC WILL NOT FIT THE NEW TEIN CS SYSTEM, TEIN WILL BE ROLLING OUT A NEW EDFC AROUND THE SAME TIME AS THE CS SYSTEM. STILL WAITING TO CONFIRM NEW PRICING FOR THE EDFC.
Old 05-30-06, 09:41 AM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by Carson-Lex
UPDATE ON THE EDFC COMPATABILITY ON THE FIRST PAGE.

THE OLD GS EDFC WILL NOT FIT THE NEW TEIN CS SYSTEM, TEIN WILL BE ROLLING OUT A NEW EDFC AROUND THE SAME TIME AS THE CS SYSTEM. STILL WAITING TO CONFIRM NEW PRICING FOR THE EDFC.

Oh Geeeez Make me look bad.

C'mon why ?

Is there a different feature that warrants such a change?

Thy should offer some adapter or something for the faithful owners of the previous systems.

Please see if there is any possibility for retro-fit.

Well cancel my order for now.
Old 05-30-06, 10:09 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

C'mon why ?

Is there a different feature that warrants such a change?

Thy should offer some adapter or something for the faithful owners of the previous systems.
Well, there are already multiple versions of the EDFC, mostly in the motors, depending on the application. Maybe the new CS is different enough that they need different motors. It could also be that they are updating the EDFC units. The current version has been around for awhile. I am just speculating on the latter point though.
Old 05-30-06, 10:17 AM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by Neo
Well, there are already multiple versions of the EDFC, mostly in the motors, depending on the application. Maybe the new CS is different enough that they need different motors. It could also be that they are updating the EDFC units. The current version has been around for awhile. I am just speculating on the latter point though.

Hey Chris

All I can say is there should be a good reason; such as it improves the operation of the EDFC or the CS from the old models, in order to justify making a design change.

Requiring current users to replace the existing EDFC is not a way to gain repeat business and they are going to loose a lot of business from the current users who want to upgrade.
Old 05-30-06, 10:25 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey Chris

All I can say is there should be a good reason; such as it improves the operation of the EDFC or the CS from the old models, in order to justify making a design change.

Requiring current users to replace the existing EDFC is not a way to gain repeat business and they are going to loose a lot of business from the current users who want to upgrade.
Agreed. But until we see more info on the new setup, we just won't know if it was a good technical reason or just profiteering. If the new system is that much better and the specs required a new EDFC, I'd rather have a better optimal setup than for Tein to compromise the system by trying to be backwards compatible.

Obviously, the new users will love it and won't care. Those of us who already have EDFC (and installed) will feel the pain more.
Old 05-30-06, 11:22 AM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Neo
Those of us who already have EDFC (and installed) will feel the pain more.

Yeah, no kidding...

Luis, can you give us any more details on this new EDFC. Is it just the motors that are redesgned or the whole unit itself. Is the functionality of the unit different than the previous version? How about the size of the EDFC unit? Is it bigger,smaller or the same size? I know these questions are little early but this new information changes the game plan for some of us Tein CS owners that were looking to buy the new ones. Thanks for your help.

Ken
Old 05-30-06, 02:27 PM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by LXOGOOD
Yeah, no kidding...

How about the size of the EDFC unit? Is it bigger,smaller or the same size?
Ken

Gee Ken, I would hate for the new EDFC unit to be larger or a different shape than before.

It's one thing to swap out the motors, but a different sze controller would totally hose my existing custom install.

Chris, yeah you said it. Re-design as a trade off for value added features, OK.

Re-design, for Tein's own personal benefit, without regard for customer impact.

Well, the jury is out. We can't pass judgement either way, but I'm sure all eyes are watching now.
Old 05-30-06, 09:08 PM
Lexbox
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

I hope the CarsonTuned strut bar is still compatible. That would really suck if not.

Quick Reply: ** IN STOCK ** New 98-05 Re-Designed GS TEIN CS COILOVERS!!