Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

** IN STOCK ** New 98-05 Re-Designed GS TEIN CS COILOVERS!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-06, 12:20 PM
Carson-Lex
Original CL Sponsor since 1999

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ** IN STOCK ** New 98-05 Re-Designed GS TEIN CS COILOVERS!!

**UPDATE** We now have the new Teins In Stock, all the pre orders we received will be shipping out.

***Important information*** Without mentioning names, I received some incorrect information from someone at Tein that I was not made aware of until I mentioned another thread regarding these same coilovers. The "OFFICIAL" comment from Tein is that the old EDFC will not work on these coilovers. The "Unofficial" comment is that for this specific part number and application it fits and works fine. As soon as there new EDFC rolls out they will market it as correct part number for the new CS's.

Hey CL members here is your chance to get in on the NEW TEIN CS for your 98-05 GS.

TEIN has specially developed this damper system for sophisticated drivers seeking handling gains while maitaining full comfort and quiteness. The mono-tube design provides smooth and luxurious ride feel with added stability for increased control. A gorgeous gold Chromate treatment gives the shock body added durability and long lasting shine. Comfort Sport provides the next level of sports performance without sacrifice.

For your CL price please PM or E-mail me

CL Discount Code CLGSTEN

Order Here

Last edited by Carson-Lex; 06-07-06 at 09:14 AM.
Old 05-22-06, 02:46 PM
BLACKPIG99
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pm sent!!!!!
Old 05-22-06, 02:51 PM
BklynJay
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Woohooo!

Definitely chang'in it up! PM Sent!
Old 05-22-06, 03:02 PM
Lexbox
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Can you ballpark when they might be ready to ship out?
Old 05-22-06, 10:20 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm in.

This ones a no brainer.
Old 05-22-06, 10:51 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

ah nice stuff, maybe i should start doing some planning
Old 05-22-06, 10:52 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

does this apply to the new CS for the UCF20 LS400 as well?
Old 05-22-06, 11:40 PM
RMMGS4

Default Here's more info from a previous post

Here's one of several key differences with the new CS called MSV. Note: the verbiage below is a direct translation by Tein to English. I just copied what it said. Don't ask me what is means .

Use of new feature M.S.V. (Micro Speed Valve) realizes both high controllability and ride comfort surpassing that of TYPE CS. As a result, everything; sporty feel transmitted through steering wheel, comfort in every passenger seat, etc., adds up to over-all pleasure, just like European cars.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 05-22-06 at 11:45 PM.
Old 05-23-06, 06:27 AM
OutlawTita
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Could someone give me a ballpark estimate of what percentage these might degrade the stock ride comfort? I know it says there is no sacrifice but is this compared to other coilovers or is it really only a small (like maybe 10-20%) ride difference?
Old 05-23-06, 06:56 AM
Tranman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OutlawTita
Could someone give me a ballpark estimate of what percentage these might degrade the stock ride comfort? I know it says there is no sacrifice but is this compared to other coilovers or is it really only a small (like maybe 10-20%) ride difference?
Wouldn't know how the new ones are compared to stock, but the original CS's were almost like stock on the softest setting...maybe a bit harsher. I would imagine these would be similar, but better. I think someone mentioned it would make it close to riding like a BMW. And I love how stock BMW suspensions are sporty, yet still very comfortable.
Old 05-23-06, 07:23 AM
Carson-Lex

Default Delivery

Originally Posted by Lexbox
Can you ballpark when they might be ready to ship out?

Ball park is mid June.
Old 05-23-06, 07:24 AM
Carson-Lex

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
does this apply to the new CS for the UCF20 LS400 as well?
After speaking with Tein, the only part number they have ready for me to pre order is for the GS
Old 05-23-06, 07:29 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 311 Likes on 189 Posts

Will these work with the EDFC from the previous gen Tein Flex?
Old 05-23-06, 09:44 AM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Hameed
Will these work with the EDFC from the previous gen Tein Flex?

Good question. Hopefully it's a direct swap. Can't wait to see the new stuff!
Old 05-23-06, 10:16 AM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by OutlawTita
Comfort is a matter of interpretation and how you want to define it.

Several of us test drove a stock suspension car to a CS suspension car over a little road course that we charted that included freeway, bumps, expansion joints and city railroad tracks and bumps or potholes that we intentionally ran over. To most of us, I'd say the consensus is the CS gave a much more secure and controlled feeling over bumps and rough surfaces. About the only place where the stock suspension was preferred was over low speed rough surfaces, say between 20 & 35mph. Other than that , the CS was considered an improvement over stock ride and the handling was greatly improved.

Compared to the CS, the stock ride is floaty and going over bumps at higher speeds is like being in a tug boat in rough seas. From the driver perspective there is no feeling of control at high speed in these conditions. If you lower the CS damping settings to the softest setting, you can almost simulate the stock floatiness. So I guess it's there if you want it, but I assure you, none of us preferred the super soft setting.

The CS over the same bump will not be harsh, it will just compress and rebound nicely without all the extra float and bounce.

Ride comfort to the driver is the confidence of being in control of the car and the CS will do that.

Now from a passenger standpoint, the same bump could be felt as a firm , but not harsh dip in the road. Onc clean bounce and we're on our way. On the stock suspension, the car may bounce with greater motion up and down and maybe do one or more cycles before stopping. On a very large high speed bump, it would be the feeling of being launched out of your chair. Now which one of these experiences a passenger would consider comfort is up to them.

The BMW comparison is probably one of the best references. Ride in a standard 5 series BMW and see how you like the ride compared to a stock GS. This might be your best reference to determine if you like the ride other than finding a GS owner who already has the CS.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 05-23-06 at 10:21 AM.

Quick Reply: ** IN STOCK ** New 98-05 Re-Designed GS TEIN CS COILOVERS!!