Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

Vais Tech iPod integration Group Buy!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-06, 01:27 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kensteele
ok you got me. i could do the install tonight but i wanted to see what everyone else would come up with esp where to install the ipod. hopefully someone will get creative with some sort of dock.....
LOL, yeah...For now, I might follow the other guy on my.IS and use the ashtray

Ken, if you have the unit with you, can you measure the unit for me ?
Old 06-26-06, 03:06 PM
CoasterG
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got mine - its raining else I'd do the install tonight, here are the unit measurements:

5.25"L x 3.5"W x 1.25"H and add about an inch for the RCA plugs and wiring to fit to the Length

Need to do some exploring for a good mounting point and a way to run the iPod cable into my glove box. And divide my 30gig's library into playlists...
Old 06-26-06, 03:46 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah this unit is not nearly as large as I thought it would be. Can mount this pretty much anywhere without a problem.

Also there is a flyer enclosed which says:

Important Please Read!

(1) After a delay of five seconds, this product will automatically bypass the automobile manufacturer's on-screen warnings concerning use of the onboard navigation system. These warnings are: "Caution, Drive safely and obey traffic rules. Watching the screen while vehicle is in motion can lead to a serious accident. Make selection only while stopped. Some map data may be incorrect. Read safety instructions in Navigation Manual."

(2) Please pre-notify every driver of this vehicle of the content of the automobile manufacturer's warning.

(3) If you prefer that this product not eliminate the foregoing warnings, you may disable this feature by following the instructions in the owner's manual, or refer to instructions available on the manufacturer's website www.vaistech.com.

Very nice.
Old 06-26-06, 04:15 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Thanks guys, I just received it.

Good size, not that big. But the wires. O_O They are THICK. And I can't seem to clip one wire into the unit, it won't "click" in no matter how hard I push. Oh well.
Old 06-27-06, 08:53 PM
nighthawk
Pole Position

Can I still sign up for this, I am really interested....
Old 06-27-06, 10:35 PM
shawnone
Driver School Candidate

I am also interested....maybe we can get a new group buy going if there is enough interest!

I have been lurking on this site for a couple weeks now. Just got a 06 GS430....very exciting!
Old 06-28-06, 06:20 AM
t.is350.h
Lexus Test Driver

Just got it. Thanks.
Old 06-28-06, 01:40 PM
nighthawk
Pole Position

I don't see why they don't allow more people to buy, you would think they want the money....??
Old 06-28-06, 02:15 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Originally Posted by nighthawk
I don't see why they don't allow more people to buy, you would think they want the money....??
It's a Group Buy. Has a start date & end date for a "special" price. Of course they would love to make money. But after looking at the list of people that joined the buy, Looks like they made more then enough money to be happy for a while.

That's the thing with GB's, Can't miss the train.

Although, there is a promo code they sent out to get the special price, maybe you can ask a forum member here.
Old 06-30-06, 10:10 AM
crapz1
Driver School Candidate

Does anyone have a discount code they can PM me? I'm looking to purchase one of these and just missed out on the GB. Anyone buy an extra one that they're willing to sell?

Last edited by crapz1; 06-30-06 at 10:15 AM.
Old 07-09-06, 10:14 AM
slimj 281
Driver

yea i'm interested too i was out of town just saw the promo. Can i order one still???
Old 07-10-06, 04:09 PM
Sub079
Driver School Candidate

I've just install the SLI in to my '04 Lexus GX470. Everything works great, beside one thing the Warning message. In the manual that came with my SLI there are instructions to active/deactivate the warning bypass message for the navigation system. I did exactly what the instruction stated. I confirmed that I was in “Simple Mode” then I pushed the Disk Repeat button on my navigation screen. I heard the long tone coming from the SLI, I then exit “Simple Mode”. At this point the bypass function could be on the ON position or OFF position. I took out the car keys waited at least 10 sec. and restarted the car. I waited the 5 second (sometimes for a minute) since the warning message was still there I repeated the same process again. And again the warning message was still there. I did this several more times just to make sure I didn't do anything wrong. I also tried a number of other combinations leaving the SLI in “Simple Mode” and activating AUX IN. None of these combinations work. I know the SLI is acknowledging my inputs since it is making that long beep.

Does anyone have the same problem? Do I need to change a setting on my navigation system? Help please!

Thank you in advance.
Old 07-26-06, 03:21 AM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Has anyone installed this VAIS Unit on the 2Gen GS 98-06. Wondering where anyone has had success placing it.
Old 07-28-06, 07:28 AM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by nate579
Oh not mad at you. I agree with your statement about hiding it. But I also attach various Items to it. Like laptop to play movies when me and the wife is on the road. And a portable satellite reciever and a PDA. So easy access weighed over looks. We still cool. ***DAPZ***
NATE579,
Did you consider or look for any other place to mount the VAIS unit when you had your radio out to plug in the VAIS Input/ipod Adapter ? No offense but your car and interior look too sharp for that box sitting out I know how important it is to keep it simple and plug n play.
I have my dash apart to install mine finally i've had it for a yr.( I have previous model AIC-100.The dual aux not the IPOD) I think I found a spot where you can tuck it and just add a 3' patch cord to your audio aux input .
You still have plug n lpay w/ the only thing showing is your IPOD wire & the end of your patch wire to plug your laptop,portable satellite reciever and a PDA into.
Old 08-08-06, 12:58 PM
brravvo
Driver

sorry if this is a stupid question.
so with this device i can control ipod through steering wheel controls on IS350?
and group buy is no longer avaliable correct?

Quick Reply: Vais Tech iPod integration Group Buy!!!