Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

** Gb ** Figs Gs Hood Strut Kit **

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-07, 02:41 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 88 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Burton
I have a SEIBON hood and would be more than willing to experiment with different struts. I would have no problem paying for then as long as we can find a set that will work.

Thanks,
Ben
I'll be more than interested in how this turns out since I'm ordering a Seibon Hood as well.
Old 01-26-07, 07:07 AM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bluelex
I don't think all CF or frp hoods weigh the same. I'm looking into getting the Sessions Hood but its dry CF as opposed to wet so its weighs even less than some other hoods on the market. I don't want to spend a load of money and like dave or ken said hold it up with a broom stick or metel pipe. I'll send carson an email to see if they can find out how much this hood weighs.
I TOTALLY agree...i would jump on lightweight hood struts (for light CF hoods) ASAP!
Old 01-26-07, 07:24 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 320 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by bluelex
I don't think all CF or frp hoods weigh the same. I'm looking into getting the Sessions Hood but its dry CF as opposed to wet so its weighs even less than some other hoods on the market. I don't want to spend a load of money and like dave or ken said hold it up with a broom stick or metel pipe. I'll send carson an email to see if they can find out how much this hood weighs.
Originally Posted by natnut
Actually, I'm in the process of getting the Seibon C/F hood. I'm not sure what the weight of the Seibon CF hood is.

I would really appreciate it any CL member with the Seibon hood would furnish that information.
natnut and bluelex, the Seibon CF hood weighs a paltry 13 lbs. Steve gave me this information.

I personally don't think the cost of the Sessions hood at more than $2K justifies saving 1 or 2 more lbs in weight compared to the Seibon hood.

I am not saying I know that the Sessions hood weighs 10 lbs, but just saying I can't imagine it getting much lighter than 13 lbs. Each to his own though, if you can afford the $2K hood and it is justifiable to save 1 or 2 more lbs, then more power to you.
Old 01-26-07, 07:26 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally Posted by Burton
I have a SEIBON hood and would be more than willing to experiment with different struts. I would have no problem paying for then as long as we can find a set that will work.

Thanks,
Ben
Hey Burton, how is the quality on the Seibon CF hood? Can you post up some pics of it on your car as well as from underneath (hood open)? I would really appreciate that please.

Did you replace your existing OEM hinges with the ones on the CF hood? Are the hinges on the CF hood also CF or are they metal?

How is the fit of the latches of the CF hood? I am really curious to read your feedback.

Thanks!
Old 01-26-07, 11:08 AM
02lexus300
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hameed
Hey Burton, how is the quality on the Seibon CF hood? Can you post up some pics of it on your car as well as from underneath (hood open)? I would really appreciate that please.

Did you replace your existing OEM hinges with the ones on the CF hood? Are the hinges on the CF hood also CF or are they metal?

How is the fit of the latches of the CF hood? I am really curious to read your feedback.

Thanks!
yeah i would also like to see some pictures as well, im thinking about getting one as well
Old 01-28-07, 03:16 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where does the Veilside K1 hood fit in this whole thing?
Old 03-08-07, 08:58 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Luis, any update on low-powered hood struts for CF hoods?
Old 03-08-07, 10:22 AM
TherealFIG
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hameed
Luis, any update on low-powered hood struts for CF hoods?
Hi, guys, I have an update. I have both applications now...but there was an issue with the strut stroke length that was readily available. I have a solution which is an offset mounting bracket that I will be finalizing this week. It is a machined aluminum part that pushes the lower maount back 14mm. Carson will be able to provide you with the complete solution once I am done. The timeframe on full release is roughly another week.

Thanks,
Fig
Old 03-08-07, 10:32 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally Posted by TherealFIG
Hi, guys, I have an update. I have both applications now...but there was an issue with the strut stroke length that was readily available. I have a solution which is an offset mounting bracket that I will be finalizing this week. It is a machined aluminum part that pushes the lower maount back 14mm. Carson will be able to provide you with the complete solution once I am done. The timeframe on full release is roughly another week.

Thanks,
Fig
Awesome! Thanks for keeping us up to date.
Old 03-10-07, 04:44 AM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TherealFIG

Thanks,
Fig
so you have an application for lightweight CF hoods? WOW! I am impressed...when it comes out...DEFINITELY put me down for one!