Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

** Gb ** Figs Gs Hood Strut Kit **

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-06, 10:46 AM
Carson-Lex
Original CL Sponsor since 1999

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ** Gb ** Figs Gs Hood Strut Kit **

Hello CL members,

This GB is for the FIGS 98-2005 GS Hood Support Kit.

"After a long trial of parts and the arrival of newly designed lower, high clearance, stainless steel ball studs, the Stainless OEM replacement strut kit for 98-2005 GS300/400/430 vehicles is finished. Intro pricing is in effect and limited quantities are available, so pick up yours while they last. "

GB PRICE IS 185.00 + 10.00 SHIPPING (LOWER 48 STATES)

You can place your order here http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=2237

USE DISCOUNT CODE CLGBHOOD ENDS 10-06-06
Old 09-21-06, 02:36 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Is this for a oem swap? I read that when you go CF hood you need to go with lighter struts. Will this these work with a CF hood being that its lighter than a oem hood?
Old 09-21-06, 10:04 AM
Carson-Lex

Originally Posted by bluelex
Is this for a oem swap? I read that when you go CF hood you need to go with lighter struts. Will this these work with a CF hood being that its lighter than a oem hood?
These are for oem hood, but you do need different struts for CF or Fiberglass hoods. I will check to see if I can include those in the GB as well, look for update today.
Old 09-21-06, 10:07 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

What's special about these? Are they able to open the more than the OEM struts? I know my OEM struts doesn't keep my hood high enough to the point where I think it's going to fall on me anytime soon.
Old 09-21-06, 10:33 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Carson-Lex
These are for oem hood, but you do need different struts for CF or Fiberglass hoods. I will check to see if I can include those in the GB as well, look for update today.

Luis,

Steve and were talking a while back about having figs do a custom hood strut setup for the HKS Konsai hood. Can you verify if Figs can do a light weight application for those hoods.

It would be greatly appreciated if you guys can get this done for the members who dropped big money on the HKS hood. Kind of silly spending $1200 for a hood and using a $5 broom stick to hold it up. Thanks

Ken
Old 09-22-06, 09:14 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 88 Likes on 53 Posts

Luis,

I ordered this set from your website thinking that it was for the lightweight CF hood application.

Please convert my order to that for the lightweight hood.

Thanks

Su-Hern
Old 09-22-06, 10:01 AM
Carson-Lex

Originally Posted by LXOGOOD
Luis,

Steve and were talking a while back about having figs do a custom hood strut setup for the HKS Konsai hood. Can you verify if Figs can do a light weight application for those hoods.

It would be greatly appreciated if you guys can get this done for the members who dropped big money on the HKS hood. Kind of silly spending $1200 for a hood and using a $5 broom stick to hold it up. Thanks

Ken
Ken I will check with them to see what he has now, or in the works. I will post up as soon as I get some more info.

Originally Posted by natnut
Luis,

I ordered this set from your website thinking that it was for the lightweight CF hood application.

Please convert my order to that for the lightweight hood.

Thanks

Su-Hern
Hey Tan, I receievd your message. I will change it to the correct ones, just waiting to see if the y are available or in the process of being made. I will call you as soon as I have status.
Old 09-25-06, 12:45 PM
TherealFIG
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys, I will field questions.
Since I am doing short runs on these, I can def. make a lighter force. But I will need the stats on the Konsai hood weight difference to scale back the force. OR I can send out a low force part I have and my custom ball mounts to someone with this hood to prove out.
So let me lay out the options here:
Stainless Steel OEM
Stainless Steel Carbon/FG
Carbon/FG Black

I can do GB pricing for all of these at this time through Carson. I just need someone to test out the Carbon force to make sure its dialed.

Send your info to Luis.

Fig
Old 09-26-06, 06:25 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 88 Likes on 53 Posts

Actually, I'm in the process of getting the Seibon C/F hood. I'm not sure what the weight of the Seibon CF hood is.

I would really appreciate it any CL member with the Seibon hood would furnish that information.
Old 09-26-06, 07:49 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,321 Likes on 1,414 Posts

I'm interested in this product for use with my Veilside FRP hood.

http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/index.php?id=524

Luis, do you happen to have any info on the weight of this hood?
Old 09-27-06, 06:02 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't think all CF or frp hoods weigh the same. I'm looking into getting the Sessions Hood but its dry CF as opposed to wet so its weighs even less than some other hoods on the market. I don't want to spend a load of money and like dave or ken said hold it up with a broom stick or metel pipe. I'll send carson an email to see if they can find out how much this hood weighs.
Old 10-02-06, 12:59 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

what about you CF or fiberglass hood people just buy worn out OEM struts from people who are getting these new ones?
Old 10-22-06, 12:55 PM
Guru
Lead Lap

I could use a set for my vailside hood
Old 01-05-07, 10:43 AM
TherealFIG
Driver

Anyone? Guru, would you be willing to try a lower force strut for the community?

Fig
Old 01-19-07, 02:03 PM
Burton
Pole Position

I have a SEIBON hood and would be more than willing to experiment with different struts. I would have no problem paying for then as long as we can find a set that will work.

Thanks,
Ben

Quick Reply: ** Gb ** Figs Gs Hood Strut Kit **