Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

Vaistech Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-06, 05:21 PM
pabugeater
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re: SLI in 2007 Camry Hybrid with Navigation

Originally Posted by VaisTech
1. Correct.
2. You can have 99 playlists, and unlimited amount of songs but it will display last two digits in CD/MD emulation, and last three digits in CD/MP3 emulation.
3. It is a Radio limitation.

Just a folder and file list will not work for this particular car.
Hello VaisTech;

With regards to point #3 - folder / file views not working - would you explain why this is the case for an iPod? For example, the unit displays track and song lists for audio CDs, and folder / file lists for MP3 CDs.

Also, SCAN seems not to do anything.

And a final observation: the name of the real CD is displayed as CD/Changer1. When I switch to the SLI interface its name is momentarily (0.5 second) displayed as CD/Changer2, then changes also to CD/Changer1. Just FYI in case it means anything.

Nonetheless this is a excellent unit, many thanks. I can even listen to Podcasts - simply make a smart playlist with the single selection criteria "Is a Podcast" and they all end up a track.
Old 12-30-06, 07:39 PM
Gene3x
Driver School Candidate

Unhappy

Damn! I missed the group buy for a third time in a row!

Is there anything I can do besides wait again?

It does not list the 2004 Land Cruiser in your drop down menu. Is it not available for this vehicle? All the other Toyota's of that year are listed.

Also... I hate to sound like a total dipsh&%$T but what does MD mode stand for? That is what the SLI spreadsheet lists my vehicle working with.

Last edited by Gene3x; 12-30-06 at 08:01 PM.
Old 12-31-06, 04:07 AM
Bill_GS3
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gene3x
but what does MD mode stand for?
Mini Disc, like a small cd that never really took off. Some systems still have the option for them.
Old 01-02-07, 05:11 PM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by FLIPPU
In my 04 LS430 using the MD settings, does this mean I can have 1 Playlist and ALL of my 3500 songs in it?? Technically this is not very effecient as it would take a LOOOONG time to go through the entire playlist...but if it is possible, then thats fantastic.

Mike
We recommend to have at least 3-4 playlists for the system to work properly.
Old 01-02-07, 05:24 PM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by pabugeater
Hello VaisTech;

With regards to point #3 - folder / file views not working - would you explain why this is the case for an iPod? For example, the unit displays track and song lists for audio CDs, and folder / file lists for MP3 CDs.

Also, SCAN seems not to do anything.

And a final observation: the name of the real CD is displayed as CD/Changer1. When I switch to the SLI interface its name is momentarily (0.5 second) displayed as CD/Changer2, then changes also to CD/Changer1. Just FYI in case it means anything.

Nonetheless this is a excellent unit, many thanks. I can even listen to Podcasts - simply make a smart playlist with the single selection criteria "Is a Podcast" and they all end up a track.
Your Radio doesn't support this feature (files and folders display) for external CD changer because of the bug in the Radio.
It supports it for built in changer, but can't support it for external changer.
It can support it for CD player, but buttons on the screen are completely misplaced, and that's the reason we have never released it for Camry.
Old 01-02-07, 05:50 PM
TopDown
Rookie

I too missed this group by and am interested in your setting up another one!!

Thanks
Old 01-02-07, 06:29 PM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, for those of you who missed the group buy and want one, I have my SLI unit I got during the group buy... I never even opened the UPS box it came in, so it's brand new, still sealed... I have decided not to install it and will sell it for $280 shipped if anyone wants it... Current price is $320 shipped from Vaistech...

Save $40 and take it off my hands... First PM to me gets it...
Old 01-02-07, 07:50 PM
TexasGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Technique
Well, for those of you who missed the group buy and want one, I have my SLI unit I got during the group buy... I never even opened the UPS box it came in, so it's brand new, still sealed... I have decided not to install it and will sell it for $280 shipped if anyone wants it... Current price is $320 shipped from Vaistech...

Save $40 and take it off my hands... First PM to me gets it...
Man, only if it was an SLS!
Old 01-03-07, 02:39 PM
Gene3x
Driver School Candidate

Doesn't it have to be car specific?
Old 01-03-07, 07:28 PM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Gene3x
Doesn't it have to be car specific?
No, all lexus's starting in 2001 on have the same universal plug, so as long as your car is listed on the vaistech application guide as being compatible with the SLI, then you can use this unit.
Old 01-05-07, 04:52 AM
pabugeater
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by VaisTech
Your Radio doesn't support this feature (files and folders display) for external CD changer because of the bug in the Radio.
It supports it for built in changer, but can't support it for external changer.
It can support it for CD player, but buttons on the screen are completely misplaced, and that's the reason we have never released it for Camry.
OK, thank you. I have 7-ish playlists - sometimes the SLI skips right over some of them. For example, a playlist of podcasts will play one time, but the next day after I've synched the iPod the podcast playlist is skipped, i.e. the SLI will track to the playlist for a second or so, then move onto the next playlist. Why might this be? The skipped playlist has 10-ish tracks on it, and they play fine otherwise.

Thanks,
Old 01-06-07, 02:14 PM
pabugeater
Driver School Candidate

Default Solution (was re: SLI in 2007 Camry Hybrid with Navigation)

Hello VaisTech;

Originally Posted by pabugeater
OK, thank you. I have 7-ish playlists - sometimes the SLI skips right over some of them. For example, a playlist of podcasts will play one time, but the next day after I've synched the iPod the podcast playlist is skipped, i.e. the SLI will track to the playlist for a second or so, then move onto the next playlist. Why might this be? The skipped playlist has 10-ish tracks on it, and they play fine otherwise.

Thanks,
After a number of debugging hours, I stumbled across the problem / solution: turn off RPT. The only difference I can see between the Podcast smart playlist and all the other smart playlists that I synch to the iPod is length of track play - e.g. file size.

With RPT off the podcast playlist works perfectly, with RPT on the SLI skips right over the playlist. There are 13 tracks ranging in duration from 3 to 50 minutes.

Additionally, if I append those 13 tracks to a playlist that otherwise works normally, I note this effect, with RPT on. Assume the good playlist has five songs in it - after I append the 13 podcasts it now has 18 tracks. The SLI sees the playlist and begins playing a random song of those original 5 songs. If I manually advance through tracks each of the remaining 4 tracks plays, at random. When I get to track 6, instead of playing a podcast, the fifth song continues to play, even though the display indicates track 6 but without a track title.

As a programmer I'd love to hear what's going on

Thanks,

Steve
Old 01-26-07, 02:39 PM
pschonig
Driver School Candidate

Missed the group buy as well. If Vaistech has another group buy in the very near future, put me down for a SLI
Old 02-20-07, 08:29 PM
lexi4darin
Driver

VaisTech,

Any update on the video units (AVIC-100 Audio/Video Auxiliary Input Adapter)?

We last heard from you March-ish. Is that still on the radar?

Also, hopefully the next group buy can have more than 1 week notice. That really only caters to the everyday CL members. Us once a week guys that have been waiting for the video unit for months will need an early enough warning.
Old 02-22-07, 07:27 PM
llcc1975
Pole Position

Umm yeah VAIS Tech. I know you now have had 2 months to think about another group buy. So uhh how 'bout it? I'm actually serious here.

On another note, I have an 05 GX470 with Nav + Levinson + factory RSES. Will the SLI still integrate or does the RSES take up the extra "slot" for another audio source feed rendering it inoperable?

Do the new SLI's still include the auto "I agree" button pusher thingy?

Quick Reply: Vaistech Group Buy