Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

V160 6spd Adapter Plate & Clutch Kit for the GS400/430 and SC400/430

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-07, 10:34 PM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

bumping an old thread. Anyone successfully did a V160 GS4 yet?
Old 09-18-07, 08:13 AM
JPI Racing
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think there are a couple of guys bolting it up.
JPI
Old 09-25-07, 04:22 PM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

this is awesome stuff. Maybe one day when supra trannies become affordable like transmissions for civics hehe I will attempt to make my gs a 6spd. Until then it shall remain auto . If I only had the money...

Last edited by FinLIFE; 09-25-07 at 05:11 PM.
Old 09-25-07, 04:54 PM
c0wboy
Banned

Originally Posted by GS4_CS
Maybe one day when supra trannies become affordable like transmissions for civics ...
I'm not sure I would look for that anytime soon. The V160's are legendary

Thanks man,

Eric
Old 10-22-07, 11:37 PM
fwynn
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hehe i really wanna bump this thread! been reading and its great
any.. news on people that have done this swap?
Old 02-04-08, 12:06 PM
Yogi_TRD
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was curious on results of anyone who has done this.

If so,
How heavy is the pressure plate used?
Does the UZ engines hold up well to a pull type clutch?
How do you like it in general from a driving standpoint?

I know this is an old thread but it has the most relavent info I've been able to find on this so far. Thanks.
Old 09-23-08, 10:13 PM
ISFjimmy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

any updates guys?
Old 09-26-08, 12:35 PM
c0wboy
Banned

Just that the adaoter plates are still in stock. We have streamlined the manufacture of the clutches, and either have them in stock at any given time, or can have them in ~7-10 days.

Thanks!

Eric
Old 01-28-09, 01:13 PM
svelt
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Bumping this up out of interest. Still having trouble finding any examples of people who have done this either to the GS430 or the SC430 - again, I would just like to see a few examples of those running reliably after the swap. There are some SC400s and GS400s running the swaps but none of the newer models... btw how many of the plates have you sold roughly speaking and how long do you intend to continue production for?

HUGE props for having done something like this. The auto trannies have been the only thing stopping me from thinking about snagging the GS430 or SC430, until now.

Last edited by svelt; 01-28-09 at 01:35 PM.
Old 01-29-09, 10:09 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by temperamen
Bumping this up out of interest. Still having trouble finding any examples of people who have done this either to the GS430 or the SC430 - again, I would just like to see a few examples of those running reliably after the swap. There are some SC400s and GS400s running the swaps but none of the newer models... btw how many of the plates have you sold roughly speaking and how long do you intend to continue production for?
interested too....god i need more money for all the stuff i have been pipe dreaming about lately
Old 03-27-09, 07:57 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Show me an SC430 with this done and I will buy both the kit and the car.

The SC may prove to be a challenge with regards to clutch pedal placement and electrical issues with the ECU. No one knows how complicated this conversion is and that's the most important factor. What about driveshafts? Do we need custom? Where the does shifter exit on our consoles? Does it come out under the navi or thru the console box? There are countless little issues that will make or break this. We need to know these things before we hack into our cars.

If you guys invest in a project car and actually DO one of these, you will surely sell more kits. They are under $20k already.

And easily sell the car (for profit) as a 6-speed SC430. Hell, I'll be first in line if it's black.

Win-Win.

People are scared because you are selling a product that may or may not achieve the end goal. Yea it will bolt up to everything but will the car WORK and work correctly?

Come on fellas, show us it can be done and how to do it. I don't care about cost. I want to know it works and works right.

If you build one and offer to do the conversions as well, they will come.
Old 03-28-09, 08:52 PM
dlieu8989
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

will this work for the 3GS?
Old 04-12-09, 06:09 PM
c0wboy
Banned

Originally Posted by CleanSC
Show me an SC430 with this done and I will buy both the kit and the car.

The SC may prove to be a challenge with regards to clutch pedal placement and electrical issues with the ECU. No one knows how complicated this conversion is and that's the most important factor. What about driveshafts? Do we need custom? Where the does shifter exit on our consoles? Does it come out under the navi or thru the console box? There are countless little issues that will make or break this. We need to know these things before we hack into our cars.

If you guys invest in a project car and actually DO one of these, you will surely sell more kits. They are under $20k already.

And easily sell the car (for profit) as a 6-speed SC430. Hell, I'll be first in line if it's black.

Win-Win.

People are scared because you are selling a product that may or may not achieve the end goal. Yea it will bolt up to everything but will the car WORK and work correctly?

Come on fellas, show us it can be done and how to do it. I don't care about cost. I want to know it works and works right.

If you build one and offer to do the conversions as well, they will come.
We're actually using these now mostly for our V8TT/MKIV Supra swaps. Teh SC430 conversion would be an interesting conversion, but I have to think twice about the "instant resale". The twin turbo SC430 proves that. Mainly the adapter plate isnt' for the faint of heart. It's for the guy who has his car in the shop for some major modifications. On an older SC and a MKIV Supra, the swao is much more straight forward.

Eric
Old 04-13-09, 05:41 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Thanks for the reply, Eric.

As for resale, yes, selling a V8 Supra TT would be hard and a huge loss. That's a very expensive and complicated setup where *anything* could go wrong after the sale so it's not that appealing for most buyers since few are familiar with that.

An otherwise stock 6-speed SC430 however, once properly setup, really has nothing to go wrong with it short of regular maintenance.

I'd fly out anywhere in the country to see a car like this and drive it home. Even to Washington state (I'm in Florida).

I'm just upset that Lexus doesn't offer anything like this anymore. I have been car shopping for about 6 months now and trying my damndest to stay with Lexus but I am going to have to defect to another brand that makes a proper modern sportscar with 3 pedals in it. Ugh.

I will still follow this conversion tho.

Thanks again, fellas.
Old 04-13-09, 07:04 AM
c0wboy
Banned

Originally Posted by CleanSC
Thanks for the reply, Eric.

As for resale, yes, selling a V8 Supra TT would be hard and a huge loss. That's a very expensive and complicated setup where *anything* could go wrong after the sale so it's not that appealing for most buyers since few are familiar with that.

An otherwise stock 6-speed SC430 however, once properly setup, really has nothing to go wrong with it short of regular maintenance.

I'd fly out anywhere in the country to see a car like this and drive it home. Even to Washington state (I'm in Florida).

I'm just upset that Lexus doesn't offer anything like this anymore. I have been car shopping for about 6 months now and trying my damndest to stay with Lexus but I am going to have to defect to another brand that makes a proper modern sportscar with 3 pedals in it. Ugh.

I will still follow this conversion tho.

Thanks again, fellas.
If it's a 6 speed conversion you want for an SC430, then I'm sure that can be arranged. There's so much reputable talent in Florida that I'd say that if it can be done anywhere, then it's here.

On the Supra resale, I'd have to disagree that the resale would be in the tank. There's been no sales to date obviously, but much of the V8TT's out there fall into the high to ultra modified catagory. That's a netherworld unto itself.

Thanks!!

Eric

Quick Reply: V160 6spd Adapter Plate & Clutch Kit for the GS400/430 and SC400/430