Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

3 common FAQ's for XenonDepot

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-07, 07:33 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts
Default 3 common FAQ's for XenonDepot

“Frequently Asked Questions”

As a customer, you have many options as to where to get your products from these days. There are numerous online companies to choose from, ebay is bombarded with options, and it seems like there are many honest businesses out there selling great products! Unfortunately, this is not the case. Im sure that Im going to get responses from people once they read this post saying that this email is biased and we are just trying to make ourselves look better however this is not the case. I have decided to post this due to the growing number of emails we get on a daily basis from customers that have been taken advantage of due to dishonest online vendors.

Ultimately, BUYER BEWARE!

We get daily emails from people with the following subjects:

1) CUSTOMER EMAIL: Im having problems with the kit I purchased from ebay and I cant get a hold of the vendor.

That is by far the most common problem. Yes, Ebay does offer great prices on products but you get what you pay for. You will find vendors on there advertising “life time warranties,” “genuine Philips components”, “5000 lumens on 10000+k kits”, etc…
MOST OF THESE ARE LIES. The point I am trying to make is that as a consumer you really need to be careful where you buy from over the net. It’s a lot different than buying from an actual store. Most of these companies go in and out of business all the time, do not offer any sort of warranty, do not use Philips components when advertised, and the technical information they provide about their product is completely false.

2) CUSTOMER EMAIL: I purchased this Philips based kit from www.xxxxxxxxx.com and Im having a problem with my kit. Will your Philips replacement bulbs work with my kit (pic attached).

99% of the time, the bulb the customer received is not Philips. The problem is that customers do not know and a lot of the time the company selling the product doesn’t even know that the kits they sell do not use genuine Philips bulbs. I have even seen some posts on this forum where a member posted a picture of a supposed “Philips bulb” that he purchased from another “reliable” online HID company that claimed they use Philips bulbs and the bulb was anything but Philips. We had a known HID kit company contact us for wholesale pricing for our products. When we sent them pricing they were blown away by how high the pricing was. I proceeded to call the company and speak with the owner. The owner of this company told me that our pricing is way to high and that he can get much better pricing elsewhere for a kit that uses Philips bulbs and Philips ballasts. I asked the owner to send me a picture of the “Philips bulbs” that he ships out and the bulb was straight out of China; definitely not a genuine Philips bulb. Unfortunately, the actual owner of the other company did not even know that his own products are not legitimate. I was completely surprised as I myself thought that this company sold reliable products as they have been in business for a while. For your piece of mind, Ask for pictures of the components before you purchase the kit! Philips capsules looks completely different than the Asian capsules found in other HID conversion kits. Also, it doesn’t hurt to do some research about the company before making a purchasing decision. It’s a lot easier to pay someone for a product than it is to get you money back once you’ve already paid it.

Here are some pictures:

4300k Philips Bulb used in XenonDepot.com Kit.

3000k Philips Bulb used in XenonDepot.com Kit

6000k Philips Bulb used in XenonDepot.com Kit

Again – BUYER BEWARE! Buy from a reliable source.

3) CUSTOMER EMAIL: Im having a problem with my HID kit that is still covered under my lifetime warranty, 5 year warranty, 3 year warranty, 1 year warranty, etc… and I cant get a hold of the vendor. At this point in time I just want to get my lights working. Can you help me?

We see this type of email literally every day. To those of you that have purchased online or have been involved in the online community for a while I’m sure you have see this type of situations before. I bring this up because I know that our company stands behind our products and does offer a LEGITIMATE warranty with the products that we sell. Its very easy to offer a warranty to initially get the sale however most people do not actually stand behind the product when the customer does legitimately have a warranty claim.

Again – BUYER BEWARE! Buy from a reliable source.

I didn’t write all this to end it off by saying that www.XenonDepot.com is the only reliable source for HID products. There are other reliable places to purchase products from without a doubt. The main reason I have decided to write this is because I am sick and tired of seeing customers getting taken advantage of by other online vendors claiming false information and are just out there to make a quick buck. I know that this is the case with almost anything you can buy online these days. Unfortunately, unless the customer gets more educated about the product they are purchasing and the online market place somehow gets regulated I do not see a solution.

Regards,

Steve from XenonDepot

Steve
info@xenondepot.com
www.XenonDepot.com
Old 05-08-07, 07:44 PM
johnksss
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how about...does your kit work on a 1991 ls400?
meaning the hi/low beams work along with the foglights working?
without modding anything.
Old 05-09-07, 07:05 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Hello Sir,

From what I can see your vehicle uses a 9004 bulb. For 9004 applications you will lose your high beam functionality.

Steve
Old 05-27-07, 07:54 PM
gmfeny
Driver School Candidate

do you have a xenondepot HID conversion kit for my 9005 headlights.... and what the difference between the xenondepot HID and the xtreme
Old 07-05-07, 09:46 PM
1JZmike
Driver School Candidate

i have a gs300 do u have a kit for that?
Old 07-06-07, 08:03 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Sure. What year is your vehicle?
Old 07-06-07, 10:19 AM
1JZmike
Driver School Candidate

its a 2001 gs300
Old 09-05-07, 05:20 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Yup! It will be a direct replacement for your OEM D2R bulbs.

Steve
Old 01-18-08, 03:17 PM
ncelk
Driver School Candidate

Great info Steve, thanks for taking the time to post it.
Old 01-21-08, 12:24 PM
Shep34205
Driver School Candidate

Default Lighting / HID

For fog lights would simple gold bulbs work or do I have to go HID there too?

Last edited by Shep34205; 01-21-08 at 12:30 PM.
Old 02-07-08, 06:47 PM
avery26
Driver School Candidate

i 'm looking for some lights to fit my es300 it takes a 9006 bulband i want to get a look like the infinti g37 headlight so what do u recommend
Old 02-13-08, 12:40 PM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Question

I'm looking to upgrate my stock fog lights (just the bulbs) & would like to match them a little closer to the factory HID's....what do you recommend?

Also, can the bulbs be picked up directly at your location in Thornhill?
Old 03-09-08, 06:07 PM
chrisroc
Driver School Candidate

I have a 1999 gs300. I also have the phillips ballasts and bulbs from a newer infinity g35 coupe. I want to know what would be better, purchasing the projector halo housing from your store or using a retro tsx projector? Is there a huge noticable difference? It seems like it would be a lot easier to just get a new set of housings with the projectors inside and the halo eyes as well. Please advise.
Old 03-10-08, 05:54 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Hello,

A retro would be great. However, the problem wih a retro is that if it is not done properly there is no benefit to it ie: the beam pattern will be off, headlights will leak, etc...

We have had very good feedback from our customers that use the CCFL GS300 headlight with an HID kit.

Steve
Old 03-10-08, 06:55 PM
chrisroc
Driver School Candidate

if i purchase this kit can i use the stock hid light kit from the g35 coupe? its a phillips kit, or do I have to have h4 bulbs? someone is telling me h4 bulbs is the only way with the kit just like yours that is on ebay. and that raises another question, what is the difference between the one you have and the one on ebay, I pulled up pics side by side and they are identical. What makes your worth almost 100 more? I also heard that the halos start to dim after 5-6 months from previous purchasers, is this true? Also how do the projectors compare to any of the projectors that people rave about...tsx, ls430, q45?

Quick Reply: 3 common FAQ's for XenonDepot