Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

Sewell Lexus Online, lexus-parts.com (BETA) - IS Aluminum Sport Pedal Sets

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-07, 02:36 PM
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Stock4AG
Maybe Darrel can clarify
With this kit here, the accelerator is now complete replacement with the spring loaded box isn't it? Because the old one require you to push pins out and stuff, that used to cost $100. But I believe Lexus discontinued selling that and sell the complete gas pedal Assy for around $200. So if this is one that bolts on (complete gas pedal), $155 it seems like a great deal.
No...the kit that Darrel supplies is a replacement pedal PAD, which means that you need to knock out the pin. It is NOT a new assembly.

Hope this helps...
Old 08-24-07, 03:59 PM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Originally Posted by Stock4AG
Maybe Darrel can clarify
With this kit here, the accelerator is now complete replacement with the spring loaded box isn't it? Because the old one require you to push pins out and stuff, that used to cost $100. But I believe Lexus discontinued selling that and sell the complete gas pedal Assy for around $200. So if this is one that bolts on (complete gas pedal), $155 it seems like a great deal.

The Aluminum Sport Pedal Set we're offering is the same simple kit we offered a while back. For the accelerator pedal, it is just the pedal itself - not the accelerator assembly as I believe you are referencing. So this would be the kit that requires the pushpin to be removed with a punch for the proper installation.

The first time I installed these on one of one of our loan cars it took me an hour or so. I clumsily dropped the socket down inside between the carpet and the body. I could swear it took me forever to get it out! If you’ve got the right tools for the job, the installation is a snap. Feel free to reference our installation PDF we have available on the webpage. This should answer any questions you have regarding the difficulty.

Thank you for the opportunity to assist,

Darrel Diller
Sewell Lexus Online
lexus-parts.com
ddiller@sewell.com
Old 08-25-07, 09:04 PM
JoesIS250
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so these are like the earlier pedals where one needed that tool to punch out the screw ?? i guess anyone whos somewhat mechanically inclined can do that noo ?? how long will the sale last ...might be interested in getting these soon ?
Old 08-30-07, 07:52 PM
threefiveo
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Question

Any way to apply the promo code per item?

Im thinking about purchasing the illuminated door sills as well, but if I enter the cl911m code for the door sills, I lose the discount on the pedals.. lol...

edit...
nevermind, i just entered 2 orders.

Last edited by threefiveo; 08-30-07 at 08:35 PM.
Old 09-06-07, 04:29 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Hey Darrel, is this promo still going on? My friend (a CL lurker) wants to buy them.
Old 09-07-07, 06:52 AM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
Hey Darrel, is this promo still going on? My friend (a CL lurker) wants to buy them.
Absolutely! The IS pedals have been quite popular over the past year. With this I'm just not sure when the promotion will end.

I would think till the end of the year would be a good time. I'll have the thread updated once it becomes official.

Darrel
Old 11-07-07, 07:48 PM
CAIFAN_64
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

is the group buy still on??
Old 11-07-07, 10:23 PM
IS250SoCal
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CAIFAN_64
is the group buy still on??
SECOND THIS QUESTION.........
Old 11-09-07, 06:11 AM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Originally Posted by IS250SoCal
SECOND THIS QUESTION.........
...absolutely! The IS412 promotional code still works. I currently (unofficially) have this promo code to turn off on January 1.

I would suggest for those of you really wanting these, buy them now as our stock is diminishing and I'm just not sure where I'll be getting more stock.
Old 12-24-07, 09:24 AM
tshek
Pole Position

The code still work, awesome, but ..will this fit the 2008 IS250 as well?
Old 12-26-07, 12:36 PM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Originally Posted by tshek
The code still work, awesome, but ..will this fit the 2008 IS250 as well?
Yes, the pedals apply to the new IS as well.
Old 12-27-07, 11:48 AM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

ive drove the car with and without the sports pedal and i noticed the travel time for the gas pedal was noticeably different(better response).. will installing these do that? or am i just losing my mind? lol
Old 12-28-07, 07:35 PM
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot

Originally Posted by M1sTa801
ive drove the car with and without the sports pedal and i noticed the travel time for the gas pedal was noticeably different(better response).. will installing these do that? or am i just losing my mind? lol
The latter....

Since it's just the pedal pad, I don't think you'll notice any difference unless you reset the ECU after installing.
Old 12-30-07, 03:33 PM
tshek
Pole Position

just ordered it...
Old 01-05-08, 07:38 PM
tshek
Pole Position

FedEx is killing me!! I am waiting whole day today at home to make sure I get the package. at 9pm(Yes its PM), I called them and wonder what take so long to deliver the package, they told me they usually stop deliver at 8:30pm.. I am like, they said they can't do anything, just call back in the morning. Then I just keep refreshing my FedEx tracking web page and hoping miracle will happen. And miracle did happen, but not the way I want to... The status changed from on the FedEx vehicle for delivery to Delivered, Left at front door. Signature Service not requested. So I ran out to my front door, and wonder why the heck they don't knock the door or ring the door bell. When have people at home and our light are all on. I opened my front door, there is nothing, so I checked my garage, side door, everywhere that possibly that they will leave the package. Nothing, absolutely nothing. So I called FedEx again, they said they will send people to investigate it. But the driver is off Monday, so I won't hear anything until Wednesday ...god knows where is my sport pedal now.... Man, I hate FedEx

Last edited by tshek; 01-05-08 at 07:51 PM.

Quick Reply: Sewell Lexus Online, lexus-parts.com (BETA) - IS Aluminum Sport Pedal Sets