Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

Vaistech Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-07, 06:55 PM
cvw
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been through your website, but I'm still a little fuzzy on this product. It sounds like most of the people on this thread are already well-versed, but I'm not. I have a lot of questions I hope you don't mind answering.

Can you give me a better idea of the user interface? Can you still scroll through songs, or just through playlists? Can you sort by Artist, album, etc.? Can you FF, rewind, and pause?

What about podcasts? Will there be a way to efficiently scan through your podcasts?

Do you have more screenshots somewhere of the user interface? What precisely do the steering wheel controls do? (I assume MODE goes from album to album, while the arrow keys scroll through songs.)

Where do you recommend installing this in an LS 460? (I've heard some say the ashtray, but I'm not sure if the 80Gb Video iPod will fit.)

What happens to the AUX input inside the console? Or more to the point, can my son still plug in his MP3 player when he's riding with me? (Not a huge issue, since most of his music is also on my iPod.)

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-28-07, 10:41 AM
greenvy2k
Lead Lap

how about compatability with the zune?
Old 09-28-07, 11:03 AM
t.is350.h
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by cvw
Been through your website, but I'm still a little fuzzy on this product. It sounds like most of the people on this thread are already well-versed, but I'm not. I have a lot of questions I hope you don't mind answering.

Can you give me a better idea of the user interface? Can you still scroll through songs, or just through playlists? Can you sort by Artist, album, etc.? Can you FF, rewind, and pause?

What about podcasts? Will there be a way to efficiently scan through your podcasts?

Do you have more screenshots somewhere of the user interface? What precisely do the steering wheel controls do? (I assume MODE goes from album to album, while the arrow keys scroll through songs.)

Where do you recommend installing this in an LS 460? (I've heard some say the ashtray, but I'm not sure if the 80Gb Video iPod will fit.)

What happens to the AUX input inside the console? Or more to the point, can my son still plug in his MP3 player when he's riding with me? (Not a huge issue, since most of his music is also on my iPod.)

Thanks in advance.
wow...that's lots of question there.... welcome to the club...click the link below to find some of your question such as where to install it, how to install it...etc...how it looks on the screen when it plays....this is for 2is but you can have an idea....

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...light=VAISTECH
Old 09-28-07, 11:36 AM
cluguy
Driver School Candidate

not abad deal -- where are they made
Old 09-28-07, 12:42 PM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by greenvy2k
how about compatability with the zune?
Unfortunately we don't have any compatibility with Zune.
Old 09-29-07, 09:03 PM
cvw
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by t.is350.h
wow...that's lots of question there.... welcome to the club...click the link below to find some of your question such as where to install it, how to install it...etc...how it looks on the screen when it plays....this is for 2is but you can have an idea....

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...light=VAISTECH

Thanks for the link! Problem is, I read through all fifteen pages (which was mostly about the previous generation model, and not much specific to the LS) and still couldn't find answers to a lot of my questions.

In fact it raised a new question:

1. Do the new models still lock out the info when the car is in motion?

And also let me slip in the questions I still haven't found an answer for. (Thanks in advance!)

2. Can the new model allow scrolling by song or artist, or does it still have to be by playlists?

3. How will it handle podcasts? Can you search through them, or do you have to convert them to a playlist every day when they download to the iPod?

4. Can my son still use his (non-iPod) MP3 player through the AUX input, or is it disabled?

5. If I understand the steering wheel control, the MODE button goes from playlist to playlist while the arrow goes from song to song. Is that correct?
Old 09-30-07, 11:22 AM
Phu
Pole Position

Trying to order the SLU model for my '02 SC. The website doesn't seem to be applying the discount code. Do I have to finish the ordering process before it applies the discount?
Old 09-30-07, 06:31 PM
naga11
Rookie

I have some of these questions and I am seriously hoping that the vaistech rep will answer some of your/my questions on here ...

Originally Posted by cvw

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-30-07, 08:58 PM
johnp66
Rookie

I ordered the Slx2 for my 2008 RX350 with nav and premium audio. The "other" option would not process at the Web site, so I selected nav with ML. I sent a note with the order asking that this be verified prior to shipment. I also emailed customer service to give them a heads-up. Kind of an odd situation, but I'm posting here in case anyone else has a similar setup.

Last edited by johnp66; 09-30-07 at 09:04 PM.
Old 10-01-07, 04:22 PM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

1. This is a safely feature by Toyota/Lexus to lock the screen while driving.
2. All of our iPod integration units still go can go by playlist only.
3. You can either move your podcasts into playlist, or switch unit into SIMPLE mode and control iPod from the iPod itself.
4. Our unit allow you to retain all factory installed equipment.
5. Steering wheel control does work, and allow you to switch tracks one by one by pressing one time, and to switch playlists by pressing and holding Arrows up or down.

Thanks,

Originally Posted by cvw
Thanks for the link! Problem is, I read through all fifteen pages (which was mostly about the previous generation model, and not much specific to the LS) and still couldn't find answers to a lot of my questions.

In fact it raised a new question:

1. Do the new models still lock out the info when the car is in motion?

And also let me slip in the questions I still haven't found an answer for. (Thanks in advance!)

2. Can the new model allow scrolling by song or artist, or does it still have to be by playlists?

3. How will it handle podcasts? Can you search through them, or do you have to convert them to a playlist every day when they download to the iPod?

4. Can my son still use his (non-iPod) MP3 player through the AUX input, or is it disabled?

5. If I understand the steering wheel control, the MODE button goes from playlist to playlist while the arrow goes from song to song. Is that correct?
Old 10-02-07, 11:39 AM
mpsarmi
Driver

Originally Posted by VaisTech
VAIS Technology would like to announce a Group Buy.
Missed the Group buy. Oh well.

Actually I was wondering when will you support the iTouch and iPhone or does your product already support this. Thanks!
Old 10-03-07, 12:01 AM
uplusd
Lexus Test Driver

Just had the unit installed. Must say I'm happy with the sound quality. I just wish the 2GS supported text. It's difficult selecting playlists with just numbers.
Old 10-03-07, 01:49 PM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by mpsarmi
Missed the Group buy. Oh well.

Actually I was wondering when will you support the iTouch and iPhone or does your product already support this. Thanks!
Both SL2i and SLI are fully compatible with both iPhone and iTouch.

Thanks,
Old 10-08-07, 06:25 AM
Kuzyn
Driver School Candidate

Count me in when the video ipod be available I'm a 100% buyer if the price is not crazy high. Let me know PM me as soon as it comes out for IS350 . Thanks.
Old 10-14-07, 11:31 PM
lexboi250
Lexus Champion

same here, I'm also looking forward for the video ipod integration kit for the is250/350 with nav. Thanks. btw, does my nave unit need to be hacked for this on my is250?

Quick Reply: Vaistech Group Buy