Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

Coming Soon Cryogenically Engineered Drilled Slotted Rotors & Hawk HPS Special 299.00

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-07, 02:34 PM
sonyman
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pocky
How did you pay already?
More importantly, why? He hasn't sent out samples or provided any concrete evidence to support his claims. $299 is a lot of money to gamble with.
Old 12-08-07, 02:43 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,238 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Originally Posted by sonyman
More importantly, why? He hasn't sent out samples or provided any concrete evidence to support his claims. $299 is a lot of money to gamble with.
You want a "sample" of a brake rotor before buying ? There's lots of details on cryo brake stuff (pro and con) if you google it.... just like every single brake upgrade claim there are believers and detractors with no concrete evidence (big brakes, drilling, slotted, coatings, two piece, SS lines, fluids etc etc). Do your research and buy or don't based on your own conclusions.

I don't have any personal experience with BSI yet, but I do know their parent company is the west coast largest brake bonding company. They aren't a risky startup - just new to direct sales I believe.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 12-08-07 at 02:49 PM.
Old 12-08-07, 02:52 PM
djspawn00
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default First to Buy?

I guess I'm the first one to buy these... I guess I'll be the test dummy.

I just hope the $348 I just sent gets me the product I paid for.
Old 12-08-07, 03:55 PM
sonyman
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
You want a "sample" of a brake rotor before buying ? There's lots of details on cryo brake stuff (pro and con) if you google it.... just like every single brake upgrade claim there are believers and detractors with no concrete evidence (big brakes, drilling, slotted, coatings, two piece, SS lines, fluids etc etc). Do your research and buy or don't based on your own conclusions.

I don't have any personal experience with BSI yet, but I do know their parent company is the west coast largest brake bonding company. They aren't a risky startup - just new to direct sales I believe.
I don't personally want a sample. I want him to send a sample to someone since no one has tried his product. OEM rotors are of excellent quality and I want to see at least some evidence of quality craftsmanship here as well.
Old 12-08-07, 04:27 PM
djspawn00
Lexus Test Driver

I was quoted a two week lead time before sending payment. Once I recieve my rotors and pads I'll slap them on and post a comprehensive and objective write up. Of course some of my information will be subjective (i.e. feel) but I'll try to keep things as objective as possible. For $348 with shipping these are not bad in price considering average OEM cost and assuming these perform better and last longer than OEM. I currently have OEM pads and rotors on my 2002 GS300 with 75k on it. I am satisfied with the OEM performance with the exception of the occasional warped front rotor. If you're considering these rotors and pads take a look at some of the other forums that they are being advertised on so you can see what users of other vehicles have to say about them. I don't think the vette guys are fond of them, but I don't own a vette and my car will never see a track.
Old 12-08-07, 08:31 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

im still waiting for a pm
Old 12-09-07, 01:36 AM
GS3.0
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ill hold off on my order until someone does a writeup on these brakes.
Old 12-09-07, 03:33 PM
IS35O
Pole Position

Good price! Can we choose undrilled/unslotted if needed? It's just a daily driven IS350 and I don't want anything flashy. How is the weight compared to stock? Any savings?
Old 12-09-07, 05:18 PM
BSIBRAKES
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by osomoso
Welcome to clublexus. I've read about this process before. My brother-in-law is into Porsche. He showed me and article. How about price for the LX 470. All four corners. Thanks in advance.
lx 470 will run a bit more i would say 350 plus s&h. I would reccomend the hawk lts pad for your application they would be great.

get info on the hps pads here.

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
4 corner quote for a set of Slotted rotors ONLY (1999 LS400).

dont need pads, dont need drilled.

rotors without pads slotted only on that app will be 250.00 plus s&h
Old 12-09-07, 05:25 PM
BSIBRAKES
Driver School Candidate

i will be more than happy to send a sample to for testing. I will await a pm to see who is interested.

I don't personally want a sample. I want him to send a sample to someone since no one has tried his product. OEM rotors are of excellent quality and I want to see at least some evidence of quality craftsmanship here as well.
i will be more than happy to send a sample to for testing. I will await a pm to see who is interested.

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
im still waiting for a pm
pm sent

Originally Posted by IS35O
Good price! Can we choose undrilled/unslotted if needed? It's just a daily driven IS350 and I don't want anything flashy. How is the weight compared to stock? Any savings?
weight is about 20% less than stock this will help the unsprung weight of the rotor.

you will have the option of slotted of drilled only yes.

Old 12-09-07, 08:42 PM
djspawn00
Lexus Test Driver

hah, i should've asked for a sample! anyway, I'll still do the writeup when i get my shipment.
Old 12-09-07, 09:03 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

pm sent .
Old 12-09-07, 09:44 PM
sonyman
Lexus Test Driver

Excellent! Please do keep us informed as I am seriously interested if they receive favorable reviews. Also, what about my earlier dilemma about the lack of brake pads from Hawk?
Old 12-10-07, 03:54 AM
Gary13
Driver School Candidate

WOW sounds great
i need a set for a 2002 LS 430 Ultra front i am in Texas
so what next

Gary13
Old 12-10-07, 08:16 AM
BSIBRAKES
Driver School Candidate

Excellent! Please do keep us informed as I am seriously interested if they receive favorable reviews. Also, what about my earlier dilemma about the lack of brake pads from Hawk?

they have the pads dont worry i found them with a cross.

Originally Posted by Gary13
WOW sounds great
i need a set for a 2002 LS 430 Ultra front i am in Texas
so what next

Gary13

we will post up links to order this week. Thanks

Quick Reply: Coming Soon Cryogenically Engineered Drilled Slotted Rotors & Hawk HPS Special 299.00