Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

** GB ** Air Force Coilover/Air Suspension Kit **

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-08, 01:03 PM
Jedidiah
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still really interested in this product. Any more info?
Old 02-12-08, 04:29 PM
Mystery_is
Driver

need to keep this one at the top
Old 02-12-08, 04:59 PM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Solo Has saved many questions with all the ones that were asked ...

The price is outstanding

I have spent over 8000+ total into my suspension getting ripped off ect .. so If these are keeping you low and raising you when you need to clear drives ways ... know that ...

Sounds like you cant drive stock height ? so would make sense with the price ... Just found this thread ... so interesting ..

Best of luck and can't wait to see how this comes out ... for the new owner
Old 02-13-08, 10:31 AM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by pxrlex
so If these are keeping you low and raising you when you need to clear drives ways ... know that ...

Sounds like you cant drive stock height ? so would make sense with the price ... Just found this thread ... so interesting ..

Best of luck and can't wait to see how this comes out ... for the new owner
Yes, for me and my purposes, I always drive super low when possible and only need 1 direction of travel to clear bumps/driveways. So this is perfect!

Being that it is essentially a coilover, you can get your desired stance pretty easily. I'm not sure what you meant by "Sounds like you can't drive stock height ?" I don't see why not, it's a coilover with 3" of upwards travel in the cup. You set the perches up higher and you'll be at stock height.

Hopefully mine will be here soon and I can answer some more questions on them. Worse case scenario, I'll build another Hybrid combo
Old 02-14-08, 09:17 AM
bluerex
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ACleanSC4
Yes, for me and my purposes, I always drive super low when possible and only need 1 direction of travel to clear bumps/driveways. So this is perfect!

Being that it is essentially a coilover, you can get your desired stance pretty easily. I'm not sure what you meant by "Sounds like you can't drive stock height ?" I don't see why not, it's a coilover with 3" of upwards travel in the cup. You set the perches up higher and you'll be at stock height.

Hopefully mine will be here soon and I can answer some more questions on them. Worse case scenario, I'll build another Hybrid combo
luis told me that there was one other person that ordered the kit with me and it was for a sc400 so i am assuming thats you. maybe we can do a joint install or what not. i'm probably using my friends shop, Platinum motor cars VIp, so let me know how it goes
Old 02-14-08, 10:22 AM
dmjay
Rookie

cant wait to see the results from acleansc4 and bluerex. If possible shoot a video for us currently waiting on the results to take the plunge on these coils
Old 02-14-08, 01:32 PM
Jedidiah
Pole Position

Does anyone have a video of the Coilovers in action? I thought I remember seeing a link for it but I can't find it now.
Old 02-15-08, 04:26 PM
djdoughboy
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Read this entire thread with much interest. Unfortunately, looks like there isn't a kit available for my car. I have a 2nd gen ES. Can you confirm there is no setup for me? If they do make one, I'd be in for this.

Cheers,
Sean
Old 02-17-08, 04:18 PM
Mystery_is
Driver

still waiting on the installed pics
Old 02-17-08, 07:01 PM
slowpokeGS
Rookie

hmm...i didnt get a chance to peruse the thread so hopefully you would still be able to answer my question. is there a price set for local people as well? your first post has it listed as shipped so im just wondering....
Old 02-18-08, 03:41 AM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

Bump this.....

I need to see some concrete results. Convince me to part out my brand new TEIN CS V.2 w/ EDFC on the way.......
Old 02-18-08, 04:18 AM
slowpokeGS
Rookie

o and will you be selling parts of the kit? say if someone goes over their 1 year warranty...
Old 02-18-08, 11:31 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

id just really like to know what the lowest achievable drop is (in inches) of the actual coilover in this kit.. i need to see how much lower this will bring my 430 down compared to the tein cs v2 i currently have (not low enough at all) to justify the price. from reading other posts its apparent that regardless of where you lower the coils to, when in need of a boost, the cups will raise the car 3 inches? id definitely need that verified.

is the going price of airrunner still $4k? i could be mistaken, havent looked at the pricing in quite some time, but if these are $3k and that is 4... honestly at this rate what would be the advantage of not spending the extra grand and having complete control over the drop/raise all the time? seriously if you're blowing 3 and you cant blow 4, you probably shouldnt be spending all that money period. from what people tell me riding on airrunner is better then stock, but obviously comes with the inherent tire wear issues... just what ive heard and just here to learn and make a final decision.

lastly id like to know how long you can keep the cups "air'd up" and what the max speed they can handle would be...just a hypothetical; say youre driving into a lot with a ton of speed bumps and it takes you 15 minutes to get where you want to be and sometimes your driving 10mph sometimes your driving 15, stop go stop go, you dont want to be raising it and lowering it 10 times in one lot, how much abuse would they take before they blew out? the same could go for a really ****ty section of road that you might want to go slow on with the car raised up until you are passed that block...how far can you roll jacked without wearing the setup out prematurely? the questions might sound stupid but its a legitimate real world concern.
Old 02-18-08, 03:20 PM
boombay82
Driver School Candidate

Luis! Where should I install these?
Old 02-20-08, 04:05 PM
yesca
Driver School Candidate

Bump this up for install pics and review!!!

Quick Reply: ** GB ** Air Force Coilover/Air Suspension Kit **