Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

Ridiculous discount on HID Flashlights from MobileHID!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-08, 12:04 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

gsteg- you can change the bulb yourself if you'd like because the entire flashlight can be disassembled however the actual bulb is on a base that's specially designed for the flashlight which is why i say it's not really possible to swap it out with a diff color temp bulb.

as far as turning it on and off - it's really best to keep it on for at least a few minutes if you're going to fire it up. you'll want to tell this to your friends as well if you're going to show them so they all don't turn it on and off.

2slow - please check above for the warranty info. honestly, at this price, i can't afford to offer a full year on the flashlight going forward but for those who purchased already, i'll honor one. i've had 2-3 flashlights in the family for the past 2 years and have never had a problem. just charge it and go. it's great for shooting light out like 50+ yards but if you need light really up close like 20 feet or less, the beam intensity is so overpowering to the eyes, it's almost like the surrounding area around the beam isn't that bright.

they're good for walking lights or if you want a flashlight by the beach. if you want to dumb down the light output so you get more light up close vs way out there, you can get a diffuser for $25 here:

http://www.flashlightz.com/product.p...product=171003

Thanks!

c.
Old 05-11-08, 12:23 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Holly light!!!!!!

What are you boys hunting for?? or do I dare ask?!?!?!
Old 05-11-08, 12:56 PM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i've had this flashlight for a few months now and it's friggin bright!!! i'm always trying to find an excuse to use it hahah.
Old 05-11-08, 02:29 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

hahaa- yep yep. i keep mine in my car all the time in the driver's foot well. on the far left of the carpet, i flip up the edge and put the flashlight right in between the side and the flipped section of the carpet.

i witnessed an accident on the highway one night and used the flashlight to help slow down traffic.
Old 05-11-08, 08:44 PM
2slow
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by cliffud
2slow - please check above for the warranty info. honestly, at this price, i can't afford to offer a full year on the flashlight going forward but for those who purchased already, i'll honor one. i've had 2-3 flashlights in the family for the past 2 years and have never had a problem. just charge it and go. it's great for shooting light out like 50+ yards but if you need light really up close like 20 feet or less, the beam intensity is so overpowering to the eyes, it's almost like the surrounding area around the beam isn't that bright.

they're good for walking lights or if you want a flashlight by the beach. if you want to dumb down the light output so you get more light up close vs way out there, you can get a diffuser for $25 here:

http://www.flashlightz.com/product.p...product=171003

Thanks!

c.
Did you get my order? from timlouie415@sbcglobal.net?
Old 05-11-08, 11:49 PM
Nick2JZ
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The light output of this HID Flashlight put most car HID to shame. Do you have a smaller version of this flashlight? I like to carry a flashlight with me around, but this one is just a little too big. Thanks for giving us a killer deal on this light.
Old 05-12-08, 12:31 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

2slow - got the order, it will go out tomorrow.

nick2jz - sorry bud, this IS the smaller one. lol

c.
Old 05-12-08, 05:43 AM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nick2jz - sorry bud, this IS the smaller one. lol
there's a bigger one?
Old 05-12-08, 07:45 AM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

I think I might have been tempted until I read "NO WARRANTY". I won't purchase anything new without warranty coverage, even if it's at a discount.
Old 05-12-08, 08:01 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

Cliffud is a good vendor. Nevermind someone else in this thread that has a history of making derogatory comments towards vendors and their products on all the forums.
Old 05-12-08, 09:22 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

OLT - Thanks for the support.

Lexucan, sorry to hear that. The normal price of $230 includes a one-year warranty (but I doubt you'll need it) and you can purchase it here.

Even at $230, it's $90-$100 less than the AE Light branded version which has a few extra rubber rings on it to carry it and is offered at over $300 in outdoor retail stores and just about anywhere online.

Thanks.

Clifford
Old 05-12-08, 09:35 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Only thing keeping me away from this is the ability to be turned on and off quickly without harming the bulb/ballast.

Still can't decide..HID flashlight or spend lots of time on a maglite with an SSC P7 LED bulb (~750-800 lumens).
Old 05-12-08, 11:28 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

yeah, the on/off thing is a drawback but for use as an emergency light in the car or an overnight camping trip, it's pretty handy.
Old 05-13-08, 10:21 AM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Lexucan, sorry to hear that. The normal price of $230 includes a one-year warranty (but I doubt you'll need it) and you can purchase it here.
Hey cliffud
Having never purchased anything from you, I have no opinion one way or the other about your products. I'm just stating that, in general, I won't buy things, especially hi-tech costly things, which do not have a warranty attached. Whether they be offered at a discounted price or not. That's no reflection on you, but simply my personal policy.

If someone else wants to try to make this into another peeing contest, that's their problem.

Again, I meant no offence to you as a CL vendor. I'm sure you have many happy and satisfied customers.

cheers.
Old 05-13-08, 10:54 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Lexucan, I hear ya man. Not sure what you mean by a peeing contest but I'll assume that was directed to the post that was deleted.

It's unfortunate you're not local, seeing the light output in person and looking at pictures are totally different. I tried to take some photos of the beam shining into the sky but those images came out really poor. Just imagine though, by pointing it to the sky the beam illuminates all the dust particles in the air and makes it look like you have a lightsaber.

Quick Reply: Ridiculous discount on HID Flashlights from MobileHID!