Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

Sewell Lexus, sewellpartsonline.com - 24 Hour, IS GFX PROMO Wednesday, August 20th

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-08, 04:23 AM
hellasboy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by eric_r_ho
You gotta account for all the lurkers..and the ninja *** people that will definitely come outta no where for a sale like this
Old 08-08-08, 06:41 AM
ffpowerLN
Lexus Champion

First of all, let me put the disclaimer out first:

I think Sewell Lexus is one of the best, if not the best, Lexus parts vendors here. I purchased the GFX front lip, sports pedals, aluminum door sills (front and back) and black pearl emblems from them, their customer service is top notch and they will continue to get my business.

However, the situation is kind of messed up for me...

About 2 weeks ago I purchased the front GFX lip from them for $149. Great price and I was very pleased. However, if I knew that about 2 weeks later I can get the whole kit for $199, there is no doubt in my mind that I would've waited. It's not that I really want the side and rear kit but for only $50 more, why the heck not...

So with the faintest hope I called Sewell Lexus today to see if now I can just pay the difference ($50) for the side and rear and... Well, you've probably already guessed the answer.

Am I whining? Maybe. But I think on this individual case Sewell Lexus has dropped the ball, especially to a loyal customer.
Old 08-08-08, 07:05 AM
inwood
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All I want are the sides, since I already bought the front and rear lips. I hope there isnt a huge demand for them in obsidian.
Old 08-08-08, 08:23 AM
as3.0cl
Lead Lap

i hope there isn't a big demand for obsidian also, but then again i'll be pressing buttons at 12am sharp . all i want is the front and sides, i don't like the rear.
Old 08-08-08, 10:13 AM
RU514
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ffpower

I think Sewell Lexus is one of the best, if not the best, Lexus parts vendors here. I purchased the GFX front lip, sports pedals, aluminum door sills (front and back) and black pearl emblems from them, their customer service is top notch and they will continue to get my business.

About 2 weeks ago I purchased the front GFX lip from them for $149. Great price and I was very pleased. However, if I knew that about 2 weeks later I can get the whole kit for $199, there is no doubt in my mind that I would've waited. It's not that I really want the side and rear kit but for only $50 more, why the heck not...

So with the faintest hope I called Sewell Lexus today to see if now I can just pay the difference ($50) for the side and rear and... Well, you've probably already guessed the answer.

Am I whining? Maybe. But I think on this individual case Sewell Lexus has dropped the ball, especially to a loyal customer.
X2 dude. Please Sewell can you price adjust PLEASE!?!?
Old 08-08-08, 02:45 PM
2k2 R1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ffpower

I totally understand your frustration. However, they really don't have to offer this to CL for it to sell. From what I was told, Lexus is discontinuing the painted kit...maybe they didn't find out till now. If they offer a price match for you, should they offer a $750 refund to me (paid $950 shipped in TX) since I bought it at one of the very first GB?

just look at the bright side that how many people paid ALOT more than what you paid.
Old 08-08-08, 03:29 PM
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver

Wow, no way I can pass it up at this price. I hope to god I don't forget to buy this that day.

EDIT: I feel for all you guys who bought it within the last month or so, though. That kinda sucks to have missed out on such a good deal. A lot of retailers will match a price for you if they have a sale within 30 days after you buy it. I think it would be good business for Lexus Parts to do the same thing.

EDIT 2: Does anyone know if the rear lip will fit with the HKS Hi-Power exhaust? We all know how gigantic those tips are, hehe.

Last edited by RocketGuy3; 08-08-08 at 04:01 PM.
Old 08-08-08, 04:07 PM
CAIFAN_64
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by ffpower View Post

Originally Posted by 2k2 R1
I totally understand your frustration. However, they really don't have to offer this to CL for it to sell. From what I was told, Lexus is discontinuing the painted kit...maybe they didn't find out till now. If they offer a price match for you, should they offer a $750 refund to me (paid $950 shipped in TX) since I bought it at one of the very first GB?

just look at the bright side that how many people paid ALOT more than what you paid.
Exactly!!! I pay $600 for the front and back lip!!! last summer,so don't whine!!!!
Old 08-08-08, 04:12 PM
SocalSo350
Rookie

so is this not available in crystal white?
Old 08-08-08, 05:31 PM
sr20mofo
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SocalSo350
so is this not available in crystal white?

sorry to tell you bro but us crystal white peeps are SOL
Old 08-08-08, 08:55 PM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by eric_r_ho
You gotta account for all the lurkers..and the ninja *** people that will definitely come outta no where for a sale like this
There have to be hundreds if not thousands of GFX kits sitting around waiting to be sold, to make room for the next generation GFX kit. Let the lurkers lurk all they want
Old 08-09-08, 11:14 AM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RocketGuy3

EDIT 2: Does anyone know if the rear lip will fit with the HKS Hi-Power exhaust? We all know how gigantic those tips are, hehe.
Yes, one of our fellow technicians has the HKS Hi-Power exhaust with the IS GFX rear lip - it fits just fine.

Originally Posted by Mister T
You have to strike when the iron is hot!
Strike with the iron is hot, or the best things come to those who wait. Really guys, who knows. More often than not, we don't know when Lexus is going to take action with a price change, implement a stop sale, offer an improved part or offer special finance rates the day after.

Our job is to offer the best products and savings once they become available. This One-day sale is going to occur on Wednesday, August 20th. As of today, that is the absolute best price that I'm aware - the price could change after this sale but I really don't know.

Maybe Lexus would consider putting parts on the Futures Market...?

Last edited by Sewell; 08-09-08 at 11:24 AM.
Old 08-09-08, 12:44 PM
AznJason
Lead Lap

Not to be the jerk in the whole pricing discussion, but there are plenty of retailers who do NOT match any pricing for for certain promotion periods (Labor Day, Thanksgiving, etc.). I don't see why this is any different (especially given this is a limited stock item).
Old 08-09-08, 01:38 PM
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver

This has probably been asked before, but just to be sure, this time is EST, just like the other thread, right?
Old 08-09-08, 03:49 PM
CAIFAN_64
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by RocketGuy3
This has probably been asked before, but just to be sure, this time is EST, just like the other thread, right?
yes.

Quick Reply: Sewell Lexus, sewellpartsonline.com - 24 Hour, IS GFX PROMO Wednesday, August 20th