Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

Sewell Lexus, sewellpartsonline.com - 24 Hour, TTE Lips, Wednesday, August 13th

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-08, 06:50 AM
mostrogt
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus-Parts
To paint a front lip, add an additional $125 (please no one ask for white)

To paint the front grille, add an additional $80

I'll attempt to add a paint option in there sometime tomorrow. For those of you wanting your lip to be painted, this will take about a week. And yes, we do take our time.

I am definitely jumping on this purchase.

But no 062 ????????

Hope the paint option includes the 062 color.

Great Sale
Old 08-08-08, 08:35 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by PaPaHoFF
What a great sale to go on for my birthday!! lol cant wait to see the lip installed Nick.
Thanks man...yeah and I just got a TTE rear lip spoiler to match. I might start to look for a TTE roof spoiler if they even make one; trying to go with a TTE theme. BTW, we have to roll out to another meet again soon. Do you go to any local hang out spots ever in our area?

Happy Birthday BTW Bro!!!

Last edited by Rock-a-Lex; 08-08-08 at 10:52 AM.
Old 08-08-08, 01:23 PM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

To paint a front lip, add an additional $125 (please no one ask for white)

To paint the front grille, add an additional $80

I'll attempt to add a paint option in there sometime tomorrow. For those of you wanting your lip to be painted, this will take about a week. And yes, we do take our time.
If we go ahead and order this TTE Lip on 8/13/08...when will it arrive? Approximately? 1-2 weeks? More or less? Thanks
Old 08-08-08, 02:06 PM
gs4play
Driver

This is a great deal for the lip, I bet Sewell will get alot of orders considering the fallout with M1 on the group buy.
Old 08-08-08, 08:08 PM
LexusK
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by RI-Lex
the white is known to be hard to match! btw besides the white, you guys warranty the color match on all other colors?
Noooooo!!!!

you guys would still paint it white though right?

Last edited by LexusK; 08-09-08 at 12:47 AM.
Old 08-08-08, 09:18 PM
Ddot808
Pole Position

pm sent pm sent
Old 08-09-08, 02:39 PM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock-a-Lex
If we go ahead and order this TTE Lip on 8/13/08...when will it arrive? Approximately? 1-2 weeks? More or less? Thanks
The TTE front lips are in stock, so they should ship the same day as your order. With this, a day span of just 2-4 days, more or less from order submission to receipt.

Originally Posted by LexusK
Noooooo!!!! you guys would still paint it white though right?
Speaking frankly, you're welcome to have it painted white, but from years and years of experience it's a roll of the dice to get it to match your current white without the additional steps of blending it to your car.

I believe you would be better served having your local body shop perform such a task.
Old 08-09-08, 03:51 PM
4play4dr
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how many of these lips are in stock? what happens if there are more orders than lips?
Old 08-09-08, 03:57 PM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi,

Thank you Sewell for this deal.

For any who have researched upon DIY mounting of this lip, may you please share the link? I have read some was with epoxy and some with tape, but I need some sort of confirmation which route to proceed.

Thank you,
Old 08-09-08, 04:01 PM
istundra
Pole Position

The TTE front lips are in stock, so they should ship the same day as your order. With this, a day span of just 2-4 days, more or less from order submission to receipt.

Speaking frankly, you're welcome to have it painted white, but from years and years of experience it's a roll of the dice to get it to match your current white without the additional steps of blending it to your car.

I believe you would be better served having your local body shop perform such a task.
Sewell Lexus,

If the color matching of 062 (Crystal White) is comparable to the OEM Factory 062, then I am confident it will match my vehicle. My 2GS has only 30K and is always garaged.

With that said, would you assure us that color matching is to OEM Factory Finish?

Thank you,
Old 08-09-08, 05:19 PM
LexusK
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by istundra
Sewell Lexus,

If the color matching of 062 (Crystal White) is comparable to the OEM Factory 062, then I am confident it will match my vehicle. My 2GS has only 30K and is always garaged.

With that said, would you assure us that color matching is to OEM Factory Finish?

Thank you,
I also have low miles on my 1998 GS400, it just hit 54300 the other day and is always garaged.
Old 08-10-08, 12:35 AM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by istundra

Thank you,
He already gave his suggestion. I wouldn't even risk it when you can just have it painted locally...why take the chance?
Old 08-10-08, 03:58 AM
istundra
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mikeloc24
He already gave his suggestion. I wouldn't even risk it when you can just have it painted locally...why take the chance?
As for me, my 2GS is all factory paint. Never been in an accident and is in nearly MINT condition.

I just want convenience.
Old 08-11-08, 05:59 AM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 4play4dr
how many of these lips are in stock? what happens if there are more orders than lips?
That's certainly a good question. Over the past 4 years of stock history we've averaged 46 per year in sales. Our current inventory is based on this information. What happens if we run out? Since this current 24 hour sale is based on in stock availability, ordrers will be filled on a first come, first serve basis. If you have interest, I'd suggest ordering one as soon as you can.

Darrel
Old 08-11-08, 11:42 AM
dl5
Driver

how worried should I be about you being able to paint my lip in onyx black? 99 gs and she has about 75k miles on her. I am definitely buying, just don't know if i can get a good price on it being painted in houston though.

Quick Reply: Sewell Lexus, sewellpartsonline.com - 24 Hour, TTE Lips, Wednesday, August 13th