Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

Sewell Lexus, sewellpartsonline.com - 24 Hour, Black Pearl Emblems Wed, August 27th

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-08, 03:49 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pocky
Wowwwww!!!!! Marry pocky! *fans himself*
LOL. Easy pocky. Easy.
Old 08-22-08, 03:59 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

^^post us some pics of this kit on your car! I want to see it in person tomorrow at the meet so log off and get to work
Old 08-22-08, 04:02 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VikH
LOL. Easy pocky. Easy.
LOL! I am calm......
Old 08-24-08, 07:57 AM
Dr. Yellow
Lead Lap

are these the real OEM BP emblems, not aftermarket black pearled? do you have them for the IS300?
Old 08-24-08, 06:33 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Dr. Yellow
are these the real OEM BP emblems, not aftermarket black pearled? do you have them for the IS300?
I would also like to know if these are OEMs or aftermarket (you guys painted them).

Also, how does one install the black pearl emblems? I don't wanna screw it up and have my IS350 emblem crooked.
Old 08-24-08, 07:16 PM
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot

Also, how does one install the black pearl emblems? I don't wanna screw it up and have my IS350 emblem crooked.
Two of the alphanumerics have pins in them (I can't remember which ones for sure, but there is another thread that has pics).

The easiest way to install so they aren't crooked is to put some masking tape across the perimeter of the emblems before removing the originals. That way to just line the new ones back up.
Old 08-26-08, 09:21 AM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Originally Posted by mikes rx
Two of the alphanumerics have pins in them (I can't remember which ones for sure, but there is another thread that has pics).
The S and the 0 have the single pin. I S 25 0. Masking tape will be your friend when assuring these are installed correctly.

OEM or after-market? For those of you who are unaware, Lexus discontinued their black pearl program in 2005 - this along with their gold program. While we all know, gold emblems have lost their zeal, black pearl has maintained its appeal as it remains neutral, like chrome.

Our process for black pearl is essentially the same as the gilding process for gold emblems - electrolysis. Each individual emblem is placed on a racking system and completely submerged into a chemical solution. While submerged, electricity is applied causing the chrome to turn into a black pearl finish. Once removed, each emblem is immersed in acrylic clear coat bath, completely encapsulating each emblem. Heat is then applied (210 degrees Fahrenheit). All this is just fancy for electroplating.

Darrel Diller
Old 08-26-08, 09:47 AM
rfx45
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It says that it include a "Lexus SST emblem removal tool." What is that exactly and how much easier does it make the removal of the old emblems?

Could you post a quick guideline or process of how the removal tool is used?

I just want to make sure before I commit to buying.
Thanks.
Old 08-26-08, 12:35 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Lexus-Parts
The S and the 0 have the single pin. I S 25 0. Masking tape will be your friend when assuring these are installed correctly.

OEM or after-market? For those of you who are unaware, Lexus discontinued their black pearl program in 2005 - this along with their gold program. While we all know, gold emblems have lost their zeal, black pearl has maintained its appeal as it remains neutral, like chrome.

Our process for black pearl is essentially the same as the gilding process for gold emblems - electrolysis. Each individual emblem is placed on a racking system and completely submerged into a chemical solution. While submerged, electricity is applied causing the chrome to turn into a black pearl finish. Once removed, each emblem is immersed in acrylic clear coat bath, completely encapsulating each emblem. Heat is then applied (210 degrees Fahrenheit). All this is just fancy for electroplating.

Darrel Diller
Darrel,
Thank you for clarifying. I did not know that Lexus discontinued the Black Pearl. Do you guys warranty the emblems from flaking?
Old 08-26-08, 04:37 PM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Well, on any of the emblems we install here (Sewell Lexus of Dallas or Sewell Lexus of Fort Worth) we offer a lifetime warranty on the emblems for any gold or black pearl emblems. I unfortunately do not have this printed anywhere nor do we have this warranty information noted anywhere on our receipts. This has just seemed to have been a common practice for us since the beginning - afterall we don't really do much warranty for emblems. Since this thread will be here for quite some time, maybe the thread can be your written warranty.

This warranty I'm eluding to would cover any kind of tarnishing, peeling or pitting.

Originally Posted by rfx45
It says that it include a "Lexus SST emblem removal tool." What is that exactly and how much easier does it make the removal of the old emblems?
The SST or Special Service Tool is just a very simple soft plastic tool (the size of a plastic dinnerware knife). It is used to "pry" the emblems off, not to hurt your paints finish. This tools also preserves the integrity of the emblems you're removing, thus protecting your investment for the $50 core charge credit.

Old 08-26-08, 06:15 PM
AznJason
Lead Lap

Is there a time-limit on when you can get the $50 credit? I.e. If I'm a slacker and don't swap the badges for a few months...

[edit] oops, forgot the "30 days"

Last edited by AznJason; 08-26-08 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Stupid me
Old 08-26-08, 09:03 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

The code "Black" does not work for the IS350. Anyone get it to work?
Old 08-26-08, 09:05 PM
pisaykotik
Lexus Champion

The code "Black" does not work for the IS350. Anyone get it to work?
Same problem here.
Old 08-26-08, 09:07 PM
IceZ
Pole Position

Nope not working for me either Vik.
Old 08-26-08, 09:09 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Maybe it's set to central time?

How's the vacay going Mike?

Quick Reply: Sewell Lexus, sewellpartsonline.com - 24 Hour, Black Pearl Emblems Wed, August 27th