Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

Group Buy VAIS Technology!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-08, 01:22 PM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sickntired
please let us know when the charging cable for the Iphone 3G is available for the SL2Vi-P4. That is when I'll order.

BTW, when will the MultiMediaLinQ with video compatibility be available? I may just wait for that if it's coming out soon.

Thanks!
VML - MultiMediaLinQ with Video is still in the development, so we don't even know the dates.

5V Charging adapters for SLI, SL2Vi is getting released tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for your patience.

Last edited by VaisTech; 10-28-08 at 08:52 AM.
Old 10-27-08, 09:39 PM
RTIS250
Yes. I drove the LFA.

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Im just curious.. if the only difference between the SL2Vi and the SL2Vi-P4 is the cable, why the 80 dollar price difference? I have an 08 IS250 with Nav and ML, so i would need the SL2Vi-P4, but the price is holding me back.

Second question, will the MultiMediaLinQ work with my car? And when will the video version be available? I may end up waiting for that product to be released. Thanks.
Old 10-27-08, 09:43 PM
eric_r_ho
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VaisTech
VML - MultiMediaLinQ with Video is still in the development, so we don't even know the dates.

Charging adapters for SLI, SL2Vi is getting released tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for your patience.
Whoa sir, so what you're saying is that the SL2vi I will be ordering does NOT have charging ability for my iPod?!
Old 10-28-08, 08:57 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by eric_r_ho
Whoa sir, so what you're saying is that the SL2vi I will be ordering does NOT have charging ability for my iPod?!
SL2Vi can only charge iPod and iPhone using 12V, which is acceptable for all iPod models released prior to 2008 models and for 1st Gen iPhone.

iPhone 3G and iPod models released in 2008 can only be charged through USB (5V). So SL2Vi needs to use 5V charging converter we are releasing today.
Old 10-28-08, 09:04 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by RTIS250
Im just curious.. if the only difference between the SL2Vi and the SL2Vi-P4 is the cable, why the 80 dollar price difference? I have an 08 IS250 with Nav and ML, so i would need the SL2Vi-P4, but the price is holding me back.

Second question, will the MultiMediaLinQ work with my car? And when will the video version be available? I may end up waiting for that product to be released. Thanks.
Cable used with SL2Vi-P4 is basically a "Video Switcher". Since you have DVD option already installed in your car with your Mark Levinson package then we have to go in with "Video Switcher" so we can electronically switch between factory DVD source and SL2Vi. It's required in order to retain your factory DVD changer. This is a very complicated cable with circuit boards inside and very expensive in production. So here comes the price difference.

As we mentioned above VML - MultiMediaLinQ with Video is still in the development, so we don't even know the dates of when it might be available.
Old 10-30-08, 12:12 PM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by 08Lexus250
Is it just me or is anyone else problems with their contact number?
Were you able to get on hold of us?
Old 10-30-08, 02:14 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

still making decision, but reading recent posts i have more questions. seems like you are saying the iphone 3g and any ipod since 2008 have different charging mechanism, thus the need of sl2vi-p4 plus the charging module, how about the sl2i-up? it already has the 5v charging capability, thus in the comparison chart it says the sl2i-up can charge the iphone 3g? and i suppose that will be able to charge any ipod since 2008 (as well as any previous ipod models or iphone)?

sorry i am just a bit confused
Old 10-30-08, 03:39 PM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by rominl
still making decision, but reading recent posts i have more questions. seems like you are saying the iphone 3g and any ipod since 2008 have different charging mechanism, thus the need of sl2vi-p4 plus the charging module, how about the sl2i-up? it already has the 5v charging capability, thus in the comparison chart it says the sl2i-up can charge the iphone 3g? and i suppose that will be able to charge any ipod since 2008 (as well as any previous ipod models or iphone)?

sorry i am just a bit confused
SL2i-UP charges iPod through 5V, so you won't need any additional equipment with this kit. All iPod models are able to be charged through USB (5V), so it makes SL2i-UP compatible with all iPod models.
Old 10-30-08, 03:52 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

SL2i-UP charges iPod through 5V, so you won't need any additional equipment with this kit. All iPod models are able to be charged through USB (5V), so it makes SL2i-UP compatible with all iPod models.
when you say ipod models, do you mean iphone 3g as well? coz' from the chart

http://www.vaistech.com/product_comparison.php

it says sl2i-up can charge iphone 3g, but from what you said seems like sl2i-up supports 5v but iphone 3g takes 12v usb to charge?
Old 10-30-08, 04:25 PM
Dr. Yellow
Lead Lap

a little off topic. i recently installed the SLi but recently my HU has been turning on/off randomly (i can still eject CDs though). connections seem to be good. is this a problem people have had in the past?

i've been thinking of changing to a SLU but i wish you would make a SL2u (smaller and/or better sound quality). now i'm feeling forced to get an ipod. what's my best option? will the future MML+video have regular rather than USB only input? will things ever be tested on a 2003 IS300 with navigation (i.e. SL2vi)?
Old 10-31-08, 10:18 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by rominl
when you say ipod models, do you mean iphone 3g as well? coz' from the chart

http://www.vaistech.com/product_comparison.php

it says sl2i-up can charge iphone 3g, but from what you said seems like sl2i-up supports 5v but iphone 3g takes 12v usb to charge?
I'm sorry I meant iPod models and iPhone 3G. So, every iPod released in 2008 along with iPhone 3G will only take 5V charging, so SL2i-UP is required. For SLi and SL2Vi 5V charging adapter is required, it'll be released from us in just days.
Old 10-31-08, 02:30 PM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by Dr. Yellow
a little off topic. i recently installed the SLi but recently my HU has been turning on/off randomly (i can still eject CDs though). connections seem to be good. is this a problem people have had in the past?

i've been thinking of changing to a SLU but i wish you would make a SL2u (smaller and/or better sound quality). now i'm feeling forced to get an ipod. what's my best option? will the future MML+video have regular rather than USB only input? will things ever be tested on a 2003 IS300 with navigation (i.e. SL2vi)?
I have seen this before, mainly problem was the connection on the back of the radio, so please double check it, also you can check pins inside the connectors to make sure it's all good there as well.

VML might be a pretty good option for you, you can use any mass storage device with it, so you can use any MP3 player that is a mass storage.

SL2Vi hasn't been tested with IS300, but you are welcome to test if you'd like.

Thanks,
Old 11-01-08, 06:05 PM
Dr. Yellow
Lead Lap

I have seen this before, mainly problem was the connection on the back of the radio, so please double check it, also you can check pins inside the connectors to make sure it's all good there as well.

VML might be a pretty good option for you, you can use any mass storage device with it, so you can use any MP3 player that is a mass storage.

SL2Vi hasn't been tested with IS300, but you are welcome to test if you'd like.

Thanks,
well i'm going to get rid of the SLi anyway (just uninstalled it). i think i may have to be the one to test the SL2Vi then, how can i do that? would it entail tapping into wires/running wires to the trunk or just plugging it into the screen on the dash? please let me know!

i don't think the VML would be an option for me because i'd rather play content from my cell phone and even the iPod doesn't plug into it directly

Last edited by Dr. Yellow; 11-02-08 at 11:59 AM.
Old 11-03-08, 12:30 PM
abcchoier
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just to confirm that the SL2i-UP already integraded the 5v charging for 3G so it doesn't need the adapter. For anyone that has the older SL2i then they need the adapter for 3G?
If that is correct then when will the SL2Vi-Up be available? Hopefully before the 15th so I can get the discount.
Old 11-03-08, 12:51 PM
Gibenstein
Pole Position

I see you have the SL2Vi for my 02 LS430 UL with Nav but is the video activated through the nav screen or does it require a toggle switch to make it work.

Quick Reply: Group Buy VAIS Technology!