Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

GROUP BUY: NavTool Video Interface

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-08, 09:58 AM
NavTool
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eric_r_ho
If the digital one will work perfectly w/ my non-MarkL 2008 IS250 and the install is purely plug-n-play w/ the ability to watch videos and everything while in motion, then put me on the list
install is plug and play all you will need is a dvd player, dvd player will work while inmotion with no extra modification

Thank You
Old 10-31-08, 09:59 AM
NavTool
Banned

Originally Posted by wanpon1
While using the 2nd input, will it (which on the website makes it sound dedicated to the backup cam) show the "watch surroundings" text?
No text

Thank you
Old 10-31-08, 11:20 AM
NavTool
Banned

Originally Posted by mmorozov
I am looking for an RGB input that will give me the full resolution of the ML display (800x600), so I can connect a laptop. Is it possible?
you can connect laptop with composite out

Thank you
Old 10-31-08, 12:38 PM
Faman21
Rookie

this is going great! lets bump it up! i cant wait to watch movies/video games on the navi
Old 10-31-08, 03:19 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

bump! only 11.. sigh...
Old 11-01-08, 07:25 AM
campisi
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by passnu2
the glove boxes are perfect in our cars for this. Its really preference on where to mount it. IMO the glove box is the best so you have access to it. Plus its closet to run the wires and also run them behind and hide them for a nice custom install

This is going to sell like hot cakes on here
Don't you have to run the video connector wire from the glove box back to the trunk? That is one LONG video run ... how well does this work? Not saying the gb is not the best place, just the wiring thing.
Old 11-01-08, 07:30 AM
campisi
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Have a 2003 LS430 UL with ML/Nav.
So I guess I'd be using your analog setup which, when I want to watch a DVD, I'd hit the DISC button on the ML (selects one of the alternate video inputs to your box and routes it to my NAV screen). The thing I don't get is how do I get the audio portion from my DVD player to play through the radio. I don't think I have a setting for AUX audio input on my ML?
Old 11-01-08, 08:04 AM
Dr. Yellow
Lead Lap

wish this came out a few months ago, i'd buy it for the connectors alone (compared with the AVelectronic version) for my IS300
Old 11-01-08, 08:29 AM
NavTool
Banned

Originally Posted by campisi
Have a 2003 LS430 UL with ML/Nav.
So I guess I'd be using your analog setup which, when I want to watch a DVD, I'd hit the DISC button on the ML (selects one of the alternate video inputs to your box and routes it to my NAV screen). The thing I don't get is how do I get the audio portion from my DVD player to play through the radio. I don't think I have a setting for AUX audio input on my ML?

For analog version you must install separate toggle switch to switch between nav and DVD, analog version doesn't have audio so you will need to purchase separate AUX
Old 11-01-08, 08:33 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by campisi
Don't you have to run the video connector wire from the glove box back to the trunk? That is one LONG video run ... how well does this work? Not saying the gb is not the best place, just the wiring thing.
why are you going to run the wire to the trunk? all the wires you need are right next to the radio and this PNP kit. There is nothing you need from your trunk unless you have something aftermarket in your trunk now? All wires start from the front of the car and make their way to the back. Trust me this will work and make your life a lot easier to mount in the glove box (so long it fits in your make/model). The IS and GS have the perfect location in the glove box for this to be done

I have done this in previous cars and is a really easy DIY install
Old 11-01-08, 01:16 PM
Dr. Yellow
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by passnu2
why are you going to run the wire to the trunk? all the wires you need are right next to the radio and this PNP kit. There is nothing you need from your trunk unless you have something aftermarket in your trunk now? All wires start from the front of the car and make their way to the back. Trust me this will work and make your life a lot easier to mount in the glove box (so long it fits in your make/model). The IS and GS have the perfect location in the glove box for this to be done

I have done this in previous cars and is a really easy DIY install
for the IS300 you have to run it back to the trunk where the navigation system is. that was a pain
Old 11-01-08, 01:46 PM
Bdragon007
Pole Position

Guys, everyone should go back to the first page to check to make sure your name is listed and updated. We have 12 people so far, let keep telling people about this GB. I'm telling all my friends who not on this forum often about this so they're not missing out. On the other note, I can't decide if I want to put the PS2 or the xbox...
Old 11-01-08, 01:59 PM
NavTool
Banned

Originally Posted by Bdragon007
Guys, everyone should go back to the first page to check to make sure your name is listed and updated. We have 12 people so far, let keep telling people about this GB. I'm telling all my friends who not on this forum often about this so they're not missing out. On the other note, I can't decide if I want to put the PS2 or the xbox...
Thank You, I think I got everyone
Old 11-01-08, 03:06 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Yellow
for the IS300 you have to run it back to the trunk where the navigation system is. that was a pain
this wire must still run to the front of the car right You can tap that wire anywhere so long you find the correct one.
Old 11-01-08, 04:38 PM
yodeixmall
Rookie

question...how do power your dvd player, video game console, or even a tv tunner?

Quick Reply: GROUP BUY: NavTool Video Interface