Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

GROUP BUY: NavTool Video Interface

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-08, 07:35 AM
GSing430
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

count me in for 41+ (02 GS430)
Old 11-10-08, 10:17 AM
S to the K
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an 06 IS350 with Mark Levinson. If I have this correct, this tool allows me to have 2 extra inputs to the lcd screen where I can add 2 video sources.

But this does not allow me to have phone in motion, cd album playlist in motion, and ALL NAV features in motion, correct? Just video inputs.

I was thinking about getting the unit below since I have Mark Levinson and it comes with the DVD PLAYER standard, I can watch movies in motion through the dvd changer AND also allows me to have ALL the Nav features in motion:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...light=nav+hack

If I wanted Nav, phone book, cd playlist etc in motion (without doing the override dance on the lcd screen each time on the IS) this NavTool Video Interface would do me no good, right? Which would be easiest for both Nav override features & DVD playback?

Are there any other differences from the plug n play kit above?

Which kit would be easier to install and remove if needed?

Last edited by S to the K; 11-10-08 at 10:21 AM.
Old 11-10-08, 12:11 PM
NavTool
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S to the K
I have an 06 IS350 with Mark Levinson. If I have this correct, this tool allows me to have 2 extra inputs to the lcd screen where I can add 2 video sources.

But this does not allow me to have phone in motion, cd album playlist in motion, and ALL NAV features in motion, correct? Just video inputs.

I was thinking about getting the unit below since I have Mark Levinson and it comes with the DVD PLAYER standard, I can watch movies in motion through the dvd changer AND also allows me to have ALL the Nav features in motion:

If I wanted Nav, phone book, cd playlist etc in motion (without doing the override dance on the lcd screen each time on the IS) this NavTool Video Interface would do me no good, right? Which would be easiest for both Nav override features & DVD playback?

my unit is video inputs and sources that you will input into my interface work in motion, interface is above is video in motion for navvigation and oem dvd
Old 11-10-08, 06:05 PM
Jay.Diem
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by S to the K

The advantage of this GB kit is that it alllows ANY video input to be inserted.... so you could hook up your PS2 / DVD / Video Ipod / USB video player/ etc...

very handy if you like divx or xvid

Last edited by Jay.Diem; 11-10-08 at 06:09 PM.
Old 11-11-08, 11:08 AM
gizbx4
Pole Position

so with this you can have only 2 things hooked up like an xbox or dvd player + ipod?

you can play movies and music from the ipod correct? and do you have to control it from the ipod itself of you can use the nav? is it fully integrated like the VIAS lets u control everything with OEM buttons on the steering wheel etc?
Old 11-11-08, 11:22 AM
NavTool
Banned

Originally Posted by gizbx4
so with this you can have only 2 things hooked up like an xbox or dvd player + ipod?

you can play movies and music from the ipod correct? and do you have to control it from the ipod itself of you can use the nav? is it fully integrated like the VIAS lets u control everything with OEM buttons on the steering wheel etc?

you can have 2 video inputs, but controls are via ipod.
Old 11-11-08, 02:36 PM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

wow this is the *******T! i was debating on my sway bars or this.. but i figured.. i'm the one who's always driving soo.. sway bars for my spirited driving.. maybe one day i'll get these! wonder why noones all over this! great product!
Old 11-11-08, 11:49 PM
Faman21
Rookie

bump it up! were sooo close!
Old 11-12-08, 06:49 AM
gizbx4
Pole Position

so, if i have my iphone connected with this unit, what will be displayed on the nav screen while i play music? will it just be what is normally viewed on the ipod screen, just transfered to the nav screen, or will the nav screen just be blank?

it would be great if you could get some videos of this unit in action, like while playing on the ipod or xbox so we could have a better idea of what were paying for and how its integrated into the car.

its kind of hard to pay for something just by what your telling us and a picture of wires. im sure a lot of questions could be answered by at least some pictures in action.
Old 11-12-08, 08:13 AM
NavTool
Banned

so, if i have my iphone connected with this unit, what will be displayed on the nav screen while i play music? will it just be what is normally viewed on the ipod screen, just transfered to the nav screen, or will the nav screen just be blank?

it would be great if you could get some videos of this unit in action, like while playing on the ipod or xbox so we could have a better idea of what were paying for and how its integrated into the car.

its kind of hard to pay for something just by what your telling us and a picture of wires. im sure a lot of questions could be answered by at least some pictures in action.

on your screen you will see exactly what you wil connect to our interface, so in case of ipod during regular music play you should have just a blamk screen, during ipod video play you will audio and video
Old 11-12-08, 03:00 PM
sinister2c
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 139 Posts

this allows video and sound input via A/V RCA wires. It does not control IPODs or anything. If you want to listen to music on your ipod you might as well use the input on the center console. If you want to output video/sound via RCA inputs you will need the apple A/V cable...its $50 from apple.
Old 11-13-08, 08:03 AM
jabo75
Driver School Candidate

Default Count me in for one

2001 LS430 (analog)

How will we be notified?
Old 11-13-08, 08:11 AM
NavTool
Banned

Originally Posted by jabo75
2001 LS430 (analog)

How will we be notified?
everyone will get notified email or PM, if you dont get notified please email, also everyone who is on the group buy list please PM me your email to spped up the process
Old 11-13-08, 08:13 AM
misterk
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im in:

2009 rx350 digital
Old 11-13-08, 12:39 PM
ngank
Driver School Candidate

In: 2009 IS250

Quick Reply: GROUP BUY: NavTool Video Interface