Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

Do you need to powder coat/ceramic coat big items? Well we can now!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-08, 08:52 AM
SpinAll4
Former Sponsor - Cancelled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Do you need to powder coat/ceramic coat big items? Well we can now!

Just got our IR lamp in, so we can coat any sized project you can think of. 26" wheels, no problem. Full length rear end? no problem. Want to powder coat your car? no problem.

This setup makes doing wiper arms a breeze. Why your wiper arms? Because they get faded & chipped over time and look like crap. Can't have your Lexus all shined up, then crappy 5-10-15 year old wiper blades looking like crap now can we?

This also means I can now do valve covers for you I-6 guys. IS 300, SC 300, GS 300's included.

Ceramic coating headers & what not are now a breeze now as well.

We also launched our new site.
www.stanleydistribution.com
Old 11-25-08, 10:50 AM
fleadog99
Lexus Test Driver

holy crap I would love to see a powder coated entire car! Crazy!
Old 11-25-08, 10:43 PM
2slow
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hm...So how does the process work? We ship you our items we want to powder coat and you ship it back? Do we pay only one time shipping or do we need to pay for both shipping.
Old 11-25-08, 11:16 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

PM me cost to have 4 OEM 18" GSpyder rims powder coated please. Located in IL. I would do this after the winter is over. They are my permanent winter rim now. Want to either go a darker gray or possible black since they will be used for winter months. Never, that I am aware of, had powder coated rims in the past. How does it hold up to salt/winter since that is what they will be used for?

Thanks!
Old 11-26-08, 09:28 AM
SpinAll4

Originally Posted by 2slow
Hm...So how does the process work? We ship you our items we want to powder coat and you ship it back? Do we pay only one time shipping or do we need to pay for both shipping.
You pm or email me and let me know what you want to do, what color, what effects, ect. I give you a price quote to do the work. You package part up well (we don't want any incidents from the guys at UPS). You ship the part to me (and pay for the shipping to me), and pay for having the powder coating done up front. I get the part in, it gets cleaned, degreased, sand blasted, cleaned again, then I powder coat it. Once I'm done, I get a quote for return shipping to you and you send me payment for that. You part is shipped adult signature required insured for more than its worth back to you.

My prices are very competitive and there is no gouging on shipping, you pay simply my price of shipping the part through UPS.

I can do any color you can dream of, and buy mostly from either www.columbiacoatings.com or www.powderbuythepound.com I can get in powder from either of those sites in about a week.

You can visit the site to see some pics of our work, ect. http://www.stanleydistribution.com/powder-coating

The basic price list:

14 inch wheel: $30/each
15 inch wheel: $35/each
16 inch wheel: $40/each
17 inch wheel: $50/each
18 inch wheel: $60/each

Valve covers: starting at 40$ each (4 cylinder)

fasteners: contact us for quote

Compressor housing: starting at 20$ pm for quote

piping: starting at $.80/ft contact us for a quote

Custom work: we can do custom work

polished letters

extra coats, 2nd & 3rd coats: 50% surcharge each

Contact us for a quote

Turn around time: around 7-10 days.
Old 11-26-08, 11:29 AM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you guys chrome?
Old 11-26-08, 04:25 PM
CAIFAN_64
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

can I get a quote for powder coating the brakes of an IS250?? front an rear
Old 11-26-08, 09:33 PM
SpinAll4

Originally Posted by passnu2
PM me cost to have 4 OEM 18" GSpyder rims powder coated please. Located in IL. I would do this after the winter is over. They are my permanent winter rim now. Want to either go a darker gray or possible black since they will be used for winter months. Never, that I am aware of, had powder coated rims in the past. How does it hold up to salt/winter since that is what they will be used for?

Thanks!
Powder coated parts hold up much better than painted parts. You have a typical life of 10-15 years on most powder coated parts. They take the salt, brake dust, road grime much better than a painted, chromed or pollished part. no having to re polish them, no crap chrome flaking off. If you put some normal car wax on them every so often, it keeps the wheel really easy to clean. I have some on my daily driver civic done in the super mirror black for winter wheels and they're holding up great.
Old 11-27-08, 10:21 AM
ZSC3
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how much to ceramic coat a DaveH turbo manifold?
Old 11-28-08, 09:25 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for all the replies! You will have my business once I can get them off the car and shipped to you!

Great addition to CL!!!
Old 11-29-08, 04:01 PM
pingu
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by One HoT
Do you guys chrome?
+1 I would like to know if you can chrome parts.
Old 11-29-08, 04:52 PM
Dr. Yellow
Lead Lap

black chrome?
Old 11-29-08, 08:16 PM
SpinAll4

Originally Posted by pingu
+1 I would like to know if you can chrome parts.
We can not apply the "real" chrome metal plating.

We can powder coat parts in the "chrome" powder (which is not as reflective as real chrome, and is some times referred to as almost chrome). The up side is it's much lighter than real chrome plating, should last longer, and withstand brake dust, salt, road grime much better.

Dr. Yellow:

We can do a "black chrome" color that uses the chrome powder as a base, has the black chrome step, and a clear top coat. There is a surcharge because of the multiple coats but its still not too expensive. I should have some test parts done soon.
Old 11-29-08, 09:06 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How much to powdercoat calipers?
Old 11-30-08, 10:46 AM
Dr. Yellow
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SpinAll4
Dr. Yellow:

We can do a "black chrome" color that uses the chrome powder as a base, has the black chrome step, and a clear top coat. There is a surcharge because of the multiple coats but its still not too expensive. I should have some test parts done soon.
How much would it be to black chrome this front mini-plate? The black chrome "LEXUS" is starting to come off so I thought I'd redo the entire thing in black chrome (still want the mirror look) and hopefully it won't flake again:

Quick Reply: Do you need to powder coat/ceramic coat big items? Well we can now!