Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

End of the Year Group Buy by VAIS Technology!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-09, 09:03 AM
slickgt1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Damn the site didn't work yesterday, i couldn't get in to check.

I need help picking out the one i need. I need one that will be able to have a backup camera and a must for Iphone connectivity.

I have a 2001 GS430 with Navigation. Not Mark Levinson. Please help me out. Thanks a lot.
Old 01-07-09, 09:41 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slickgt1
Damn the site didn't work yesterday, i couldn't get in to check.

I need help picking out the one i need. I need one that will be able to have a backup camera and a must for Iphone connectivity.

I have a 2001 GS430 with Navigation. Not Mark Levinson. Please help me out. Thanks a lot.
Unfortunately we don't have anything to add back up camera. But as far as iPod integration you'll need SL2i-UP.

Thanks,
Old 01-07-09, 09:55 AM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks very much! I upgraded from SL2i to SL2Vi. Super fast turn around! Same day shipping.

Anyways, from what I understand, there's no way to play a movie using the steering wheel control or audio control after switching to the DVD mode right? I have to play it from the iPod. What if I put the movie in a playlist? Do you think that'd work? Thanks!
Old 01-07-09, 09:56 AM
lexboi250
Lexus Champion

when i want to select an individual song, do I have to go thru each song to go to the next one, or does a alist of songs generates on the screen say 6 songs listed per screen to let you select, and you can go page by page to choose the song you want?

the current integartion i have now won't allow me to that, so if i'm on song number 5, and want to go to song number 50, i'd have to push the 'next" button 45 times, rather than going page by page and select the song you want.

thanks

P.S also, does it support languages other than English?

Last edited by lexboi250; 01-07-09 at 10:04 AM.
Old 01-07-09, 12:43 PM
eric_r_ho
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, the songs are listed, 6 per page. so you'd have to push it about 9 times to get to your 50th song. I have the Sl2vi and my only gripe w/ the system is that fact that you can't browse your other folders while you're playing a song in one already/
Old 01-07-09, 12:56 PM
slickgt1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Damn, now I am torn. I don't know what to buy, NavTool rear camera one, or the iphone. Why can't someone make one that does all?

I think I will pass on this for now. Thanks though.
Old 01-07-09, 02:55 PM
lexboi250
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by eric_r_ho
Yeah, the songs are listed, 6 per page. so you'd have to push it about 9 times to get to your 50th song. I have the Sl2vi and my only gripe w/ the system is that fact that you can't browse your other folders while you're playing a song in one already/
it would be super sweet if it displayed languages other than english, i.e chinese lol

but that's good, at least i have a view of 6 songs at a time. hmm.. that's a bit inconveinent when you can't choose other folders..
Old 01-07-09, 06:14 PM
Shahryar
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by VaisTech
We will still honor the GroupBuy Price until Wednesday the 7th until end of the day. Please don't be late.
Ah damnit, I just called 720 733 2348 a few minutes ago (a little after 9pm EST) and the office is closed. I was about to place my order.

I would have done it earlier, but I had some questions I PMed to VaisTech and was waiting for a response.

Originally Posted by srizvi1
I just bought my 2008 IS 350 yesterday (Nav, but no ML). Knightshade over on my.is gave me the details on the SL2Vi which "sounds like what you want for playing video on a factory-nav non_ML 2IS".

I need to figure out how to install, do the navi hack, etc.

Looking to integrate my 2g iPod Touch 32gb. I wish I had the ML so I could have DVDs playing on the go, but this definitely not a bad alternative.
Old 01-08-09, 10:16 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by Yang1815
Thanks very much! I upgraded from SL2i to SL2Vi. Super fast turn around! Same day shipping.

Anyways, from what I understand, there's no way to play a movie using the steering wheel control or audio control after switching to the DVD mode right? I have to play it from the iPod. What if I put the movie in a playlist? Do you think that'd work? Thanks!
For Video part only you do need to control it from the iPod, but some of the functions like play, pause, fast forward and rewind might be available from your screen. Just push anywhere on the screen when movie is on and it might give you those option from the screen if your cars supports it.

Audio portion of integration is fully integrated into the radio with full control from your radio or nav screen.
Old 01-08-09, 10:18 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by lexboi250
when i want to select an individual song, do I have to go thru each song to go to the next one, or does a alist of songs generates on the screen say 6 songs listed per screen to let you select, and you can go page by page to choose the song you want?

the current integartion i have now won't allow me to that, so if i'm on song number 5, and want to go to song number 50, i'd have to push the 'next" button 45 times, rather than going page by page and select the song you want.

thanks

P.S also, does it support languages other than English?
Which car is this unit installed in and what emulation did you program it in?
Old 01-08-09, 10:35 AM
lexboi250
Lexus Champion

Which car is this unit installed in and what emulation did you program it in?
IS250. but it's not a vaistech unit, so it's not as user friendly. I was just curious as to how the user interface on the vaistech is. So i guess the only down side is you can't browse other folders when you are playing a song in a certain folder already? how can you display text other than English? or is this a Lexus thing? I have the OEM Navigation.
Old 01-08-09, 03:34 PM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by lexboi250
IS250. but it's not a vaistech unit, so it's not as user friendly. I was just curious as to how the user interface on the vaistech is. So i guess the only down side is you can't browse other folders when you are playing a song in a certain folder already? how can you display text other than English? or is this a Lexus thing? I have the OEM Navigation.
Displaying other languages on the radio is both Lexus and interface thing. First radio need to support it, and then interface has to have this option.
Old 01-14-09, 11:09 PM
Floorance
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Daaamit...

I guess I'm just going to have to wait till the next GB Bought my car on the 11th

We will still honor the GroupBuy Price until Wednesday the 7th until end of the day. Please don't be late.

Thanks everyone for your support!!!!
Old 01-15-09, 02:34 PM
Shahryar
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by srizvi1
Ah damnit, I just called 720 733 2348 a few minutes ago (a little after 9pm EST) and the office is closed. I was about to place my order.

I would have done it earlier, but I had some questions I PMed to VaisTech and was waiting for a response.
Thanks VaisTech for still letting me place the order since we were in limbo during the deadline.

I just called (720)733-2348 and placed my order for the sl2vi.php. The price I was told would be the group buy price of $279.99 + $10 shipping. I also ordered the 5V charging adapter for $29.99 which VaisTech said I would need for the late 2008 model iPod.

I spoke w/ Mike and gave him my e-mail address. I'm waiting on the confirmation e-mail.

I'm planning on doing this install + the Navi Hacks (w/ Switch) in one shot.
Old 01-29-09, 11:30 PM
tcho82
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Didn't get in on the last gb. Will one be coming soon? Or will you honor pricing for the gb still?

Quick Reply: End of the Year Group Buy by VAIS Technology!!!