Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

Official v2 - Air Force Air Tank Suspension *GROUP BUY*

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-09, 09:45 PM
LuxuryMods
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DangGS3
if i got the same spring rates as JIC VIP's, do you think they would ride the same dropped very low?
You could get the same spring rates, but it probably would not ride the same. I'm sure there is some difference between the dampening levels of each strut that would make them perform differently.

Let me see if I can find out from AirForce a "recommended" sporty spring rate setup. They normally ship with a "comfortable" spring rate setting.
Old 02-04-09, 12:04 AM
dboyz85
Pole Position

I was wondering if i can order the 4 struts separately.
Old 02-04-09, 03:51 AM
PaPaHoFF
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So these coils wont fit an 250awd correct? Can this kit be used with different coils that were made for our car that is currently coming out for mass production?
Old 02-04-09, 08:33 AM
LuxuryMods
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by dboyz85
I was wondering if i can order the 4 struts separately.
Sorry, it is only sold complete. They are doing it this way to at least get those new to air suspension started. I know for those who are experienced with air suspension will already want to change the tank/compressors to fit their trunks better, but this will be ready to get you on air!

How's your car going by the way? How about Peter's LS? Swing by sometime...

Originally Posted by PaPaHoFF
So these coils wont fit an 250awd correct? Can this kit be used with different coils that were made for our car that is currently coming out for mass production?
There is not an application for AWD at this time. I am sure someone will be able to swap the air cups off onto another set of coilovers later on, but the answer for now would be "no".

Last edited by LuxuryMods; 02-04-09 at 11:47 PM. Reason: update
Old 02-10-09, 01:14 PM
lsflame
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

god if i could just by the cups....i would be set....don't think they have an infiniti setup do they for the 1997 Q45 FGY33? i have air on my ls430 already.
Old 02-12-09, 04:20 PM
camberSC
Lexus Champion

LM, when is the GB over. Sorry if I over looked it, I am interested.
Old 02-12-09, 04:25 PM
4play4dr
Lexus Champion

ill wait for a review..someone buy these and do a write up!!
Old 02-13-09, 12:14 PM
dboyz85
Pole Position

^^^

My cars coming along and peter's doin fine too. I want to change out my air runners for air force but i have the tank and compressor and remote already. Ill comeby soon and see wat u can do for me. thanks
Old 02-14-09, 09:08 AM
dRo15
Lexus Test Driver

So let me make sure I understand.

The Air Cups are essentially small Air cylinders. Which can only raise up to 60mm (2.36") and these are made in Taiwan. Which doesn't seem that much of a raise at all.

You can't buy the Air Cups separately, so what happens when the seal goes bad or they need to get rebuilt? Is there any support for that issue? If so, is that support available stateside? If not, what type of turn around time and cost will the consumers be looking at? How long has this company been around?

I'm not familiar with Air Force brand thus all the questions.
Old 02-14-09, 09:22 AM
LuxuryMods
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by dRo15
So let me make sure I understand.

The Air Cups are essentially small Air cylinders. Which can only raise up to 60mm (2.36") and these are made in Taiwan. Which doesn't seem that much of a raise at all.

You can't buy the Air Cups separately, so what happens when the seal goes bad or they need to get rebuilt? Is there any support for that issue? If so, is that support available stateside? If not, what type of turn around time and cost will the consumers be looking at? How long has this company been around?

I'm not familiar with Air Force brand thus all the questions.
Yes, the Air Cups are essentially small Air Cylinders. The #'s given by Airforce are 40-60mm. It does not seem like a huge raise, but how much are you looking to raise? 2.36" will get you off the ground enough to clear anything, even if you are slammed. If you look at the video of the SC, the fronts were lifted to what it seems a lot more than 2.36".

You cannot buy the Air Cups separately because Air Force wants to get the complete kit out. Selling the cups separate would not get most users up & running easily. They want their entire system to be used the way it was designed first. I am sure they will sell it separately in the future.

There is 1 year warranty from Manufacturers defects. Since AirForce is located in Taiwan, parts must be sent back to them for any service. However, there are many suspension shops that could help you stateside. Even for high end kits like Air Runner that are twice the price and have service centers stateside, from what we've been told, getting your parts repaired is a battle.

This company was established in 2007.

As with all companies, they have to start new and fresh at some point. Given their pricepoint, this should be a very affordable kit compared to its alternatives. They also have an air bag kit if you are interested in that as well. It seems you care more about high lift & low dumps, the air bag route is your style. The air tank kit are for those who already love to ride low all the time and just need the extra few inches to clear any obstacles.

Thanks for your question, I should have posted those answers long ago on the first post.

Since these are built on coilover bodies, you can set your normal ride height to a super low level:

Then simply hit the switch to raise to clear obstacles:

I think that's enough height to clear things, don't you?

Last edited by LuxuryMods; 02-14-09 at 09:25 AM.
Old 02-14-09, 12:04 PM
dRo15
Lexus Test Driver

I'm on bags already. I love the dump.

My ride height is pretty much what you show in the first pic, if not a bit lower. Is that ride on 20's? From the pics the clearance looks pretty good but I'm assuming the people looking at this setup like myself will roll lower than what's posted. So when cups are filled you may need a bit more height. I thinking about parking structures I've parked in downtown.

I was just curious about the height cuz I've seen other cups that go up to 5".

Are the coilovers re-buildable? Also when the preload is set on the coilovers is there enough travel in the shock for the air cups?
Old 02-14-09, 04:25 PM
4play4dr
Lexus Champion

i ride pretty low..but most places i go to..i think the 2.5" would be perfect for where i need to go..id like to see a review on these tho..very interested..i jus dont wanna be the test dummy
Old 02-14-09, 05:18 PM
dRo15
Lexus Test Driver

I'm curious to know how low this setup actually goes. It will be pretty disappointing if the first pic is all the way down.

I'm also curious how that 21kg front - 7.2kg rear spring rates feel. I noticed they offer custom spring rates. Can you choose your spring rates at no extra charge?

What kit is on the car?

Also what does 40-60mm mean? Cups filled up is 60mm (2.36"), so does it mean when empty the cups are 40mm (1.57") tall?

Last edited by dRo15; 02-14-09 at 05:22 PM.
Old 03-16-09, 12:54 PM
So Philly1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Super bump cause i'm still interested...dont want this thread to disappear into CL oblivion.
Old 03-16-09, 05:36 PM
Ikonz350
Lead Lap

i wanna know how low they actually go..

Quick Reply: Official v2 - Air Force Air Tank Suspension *GROUP BUY*