Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

Sage Front RCA (SS kit) for Lexus 2nd Gen GS

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-09, 05:35 PM
vipnewb
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just sent payment via paypal....thank you for answering all my questions.
Cant wait to get the RCAs.
Thanks!

Elmer.
Old 06-21-09, 01:05 AM
BIGGZ
Lexus Test Driver

are these available for LS430's?
Old 06-21-09, 11:46 AM
TrendyTodd
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BIGGZ
are these available for LS430's?
Sorry, I don't have them for LS yet.
Old 06-27-09, 01:27 PM
quickex99
Lead Lap

Are these still available? Really just need rear kit
Old 07-03-09, 10:21 AM
Emil
Pole Position

pm sent for a rear set
Old 09-16-09, 07:02 PM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Pm sent for rear set, i need these ASAP please !!
Old 09-19-09, 02:21 PM
quickex99
Lead Lap

Do you guys have any front kits left?
Old 09-22-09, 11:07 PM
[ant]
Lexus Test Driver

ive installed (and uninstalled and reinstalled!) my coilovers on my car a few times now but just cant picture it under there! do you have a diagram of where it goes/how it affects the suspension?

also i have worked in a fastener business for a few years now, and i know that generally Socket Head Cap Screws (internal hex "bolts") would be higher tensile off the shelf, 12.9 grade, than hex head bolts (usually HT is 8.8 and then from there you go 10.9). Are the bolts that come with these hex head or socket cap and what grade are they?

in regards to locking when you refer to locking washers what type are they? spring washers? as there is a product available through where i work called Nord-Lock washers which mechanically lock together so i would look to run those instead (shouldnt be any thicker or larger than spring washers)

thanks, thought i'd ask on the thread cause others may also have q's i guess?
Old 09-24-09, 02:54 PM
GTSLEX
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by [ant]
ive installed (and uninstalled and reinstalled!) my coilovers on my car a few times now but just cant picture it under there! do you have a diagram of where it goes/how it affects the suspension?

also i have worked in a fastener business for a few years now, and i know that generally Socket Head Cap Screws (internal hex "bolts") would be higher tensile off the shelf, 12.9 grade, than hex head bolts (usually HT is 8.8 and then from there you go 10.9). Are the bolts that come with these hex head or socket cap and what grade are they?

in regards to locking when you refer to locking washers what type are they? spring washers? as there is a product available through where i work called Nord-Lock washers which mechanically lock together so i would look to run those instead (shouldnt be any thicker or larger than spring washers)

i like to know as well. please answer.
Old 09-25-09, 03:05 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

There's been a few threads and pics on where the front and rear RCA are installed...try doing a search in the 2GS - Suspension section.

Regarding the bolts....my set came with 12.9 grade bolts. I needed to buy a hex socket to install it. It came with the standard locking washer as well...see pics. From what I understand...are locking washers even necessary for 12.9 grade bolts? Read that somewhere.

Old 09-25-09, 03:25 AM
moo_juice
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do they make this for a is250? If they do are you able to bring it in and for how much?

Thanks
Old 09-25-09, 07:21 AM
[ant]
Lexus Test Driver

PHML - thanks for fielding that. yours are the socket cap screws. these are technically screws not bolts, and as stamped are off-the-shelf 12.9 grade. So they are stronger than a bolt. not being a smart *** either there just saying, i do appreciate your response there! Also, the grade of bolt doesnt affect whether a locking method is required, so despite them being 12.9 you will still require something to maintain the torque on the bolt once tightened to prevent loosening due to vibration. Hence the supply of the spring washer as you have pictured.

ive now done some reading through the other threads, but still cant exactly picture clearly in my mind how these sit in relation to the upper arm etc. i would have thought itd push the arm up?
Old 09-25-09, 01:32 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

i would have thought itd push the arm up?
Yes...if you are referring to the upper arm. It pushes the upper arm up....since the lower arm remains in the same position....thus lowering the car.

Try these posts...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...-pictures.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/4442267-post36.html

Last edited by PHML; 09-25-09 at 01:36 PM.
Old 09-26-09, 12:06 AM
[ant]
Lexus Test Driver

PHML thanks for that 2nd specific post link, thats the kind of thing i was after!

i cant read the japanese writing though but i assume somehow this helps with the UCA or at least doesnt make it worse? thats all i would be worried about. i guess it helps in that you raise the car a bit to compensate for the SS Kit drop.
Old 10-05-09, 10:14 AM
TrendyTodd
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for the help PHML. PMs have been sent to all that inquired.

Quick Reply: Sage Front RCA (SS kit) for Lexus 2nd Gen GS