Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

VAIS Technology Spring Group Buy!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-09, 10:06 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by intrinsic
Thanks! Ordering right now!
Cool! Thanks!
Old 03-16-09, 01:41 PM
loudtrpt
Driver School Candidate

Default Clarification

VAISTech can you clarify a few things please?

1) I have a 2002 Lexus LS430 with Mark Levinson/DVD Navigation, but i've updated the dvd to 6.1. Does the dvd determine the 'generation' or is it the hardware (i.e. what year the car is). If it's the dvd, then does having the 6.1 dvd make me '5th generation'?

2) The ipod i'm going to use is the most recent one (as of 3/15/09) you can get-120gb 'classic' ipod. Can I use the video unit you sell with the set-up i've described to you? Which model should I order for the video (2002 lexus ls430/6.1 dvd/ML)

3) If I can't use video/decide to not get video, can I use the SL2Vi with the above setup? If not, which one should I use?

4) Can you point me to a detailed/picture enhanced site that shows how to install this in a 2002 Lexus LS430 (perhaps members here know of one/post) I've looked on here but only IS installs have come up (I guess I'm a bad searcher!)

5) It seems you can NOT watch videos when you're moving, correct? Can you search/select music while moving? This is a BIG deal to me, since if you can't, I may as well simply get a little audio adapter to 'plug' my ipod into the sound system. Menu navigation of the ipod while moving is pretty critical to my decision.

6) I've read that your unit allows the 'nag screen' at the beginning of starting up our cars to go away, is this true?

Thanks so much for your time in answering these questions, and thanks for a great product!!!

Mike Collins
Old 03-16-09, 02:18 PM
psychosane
Rookie

Originally Posted by psychosane
pardon the noobness, but what exactly does this product do? i have an IS X50 2008 navi non-ML edition. will i be able to play my ipod, watch dvds on the go, and input on gps on the go? which product do i need? and how does it work? thanks.
Originally Posted by VaisTech
If you are looking for iPod integration then we have two units to offer, SL2i-UP and SL2Vi. SL2i-UP will integrate iPod audio portion, so you can browse your iPod using your radio controls and touch screen. Text will also be displayed on your Nav screen.

SL2Vi will do all of the above and will add functionality to play videos from your iPod on your nav screen.
will this affect any of my regular radio functions, including sat, am/fm, aux/disc, or even my backup camera?
Old 03-16-09, 04:37 PM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by loudtrpt
VAISTech can you clarify a few things please?

1) I have a 2002 Lexus LS430 with Mark Levinson/DVD Navigation, but i've updated the dvd to 6.1. Does the dvd determine the 'generation' or is it the hardware (i.e. what year the car is). If it's the dvd, then does having the 6.1 dvd make me '5th generation'?

2) The ipod i'm going to use is the most recent one (as of 3/15/09) you can get-120gb 'classic' ipod. Can I use the video unit you sell with the set-up i've described to you? Which model should I order for the video (2002 lexus ls430/6.1 dvd/ML)

3) If I can't use video/decide to not get video, can I use the SL2Vi with the above setup? If not, which one should I use?

4) Can you point me to a detailed/picture enhanced site that shows how to install this in a 2002 Lexus LS430 (perhaps members here know of one/post) I've looked on here but only IS installs have come up (I guess I'm a bad searcher!)

5) It seems you can NOT watch videos when you're moving, correct? Can you search/select music while moving? This is a BIG deal to me, since if you can't, I may as well simply get a little audio adapter to 'plug' my ipod into the sound system. Menu navigation of the ipod while moving is pretty critical to my decision.

6) I've read that your unit allows the 'nag screen' at the beginning of starting up our cars to go away, is this true?

Thanks so much for your time in answering these questions, and thanks for a great product!!!

Mike Collins
1. Actual Navigation unit determines the generation, DVD has nothing to do with it. Your 2002 LS has 3rd Gen Navi.
2 and 3. Both SL2i-UP and SL2Vi are fully compatible with your car, if you want to integrate your iPod and have an ability to play videos from your iPod on your Nav screen then SL2Vi is the unit for you. If Video is not a requirement for you then SL2i-UP will do the job.
4. Please go on our website and you can download a manual for SL2i-UP, in that manual you want to pay attention to MD changer emulation, it has the controls you will have and screen shots as well.
5. You can still select different playlists and songs while the car is in motion through your touch screen and through your steering wheel as well.
6. That is correct we will push I AGREE button for you every time you start the car.

Thanks for consideration!
Old 03-16-09, 04:39 PM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by psychosane
will this affect any of my regular radio functions, including sat, am/fm, aux/disc, or even my backup camera?
No it will not. Neither of our units will have any effect on your factory installed equipment, everything will operate the way it operates right now.
Old 03-16-09, 05:00 PM
loudtrpt
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by VaisTech
1. Actual Navigation unit determines the generation, DVD has nothing to do with it. Your 2002 LS has 3rd Gen Navi.
2 and 3. Both SL2i-UP and SL2Vi are fully compatible with your car, if you want to integrate your iPod and have an ability to play videos from your iPod on your Nav screen then SL2Vi is the unit for you. If Video is not a requirement for you then SL2i-UP will do the job.
4. Please go on our website and you can download a manual for SL2i-UP, in that manual you want to pay attention to MD changer emulation, it has the controls you will have and screen shots as well.
5. You can still select different playlists and songs while the car is in motion through your touch screen and through your steering wheel as well.
6. That is correct we will push I AGREE button for you every time you start the car.

Thanks for consideration!
Thanks for the quick response. So if i'm third generation, what are the limitations on what I can see on the screen/menu navigation/how many songs/playlists?

Mike Collins
Old 03-17-09, 07:06 AM
beez43
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i got a 2007 gs350 with no ML. what is good for me? i want the most out of this unit..
Old 03-17-09, 08:53 AM
flnsx
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Will the SL2i-UP allow me to browse by artist on my 06 RX400h with no nav?

Also, is there a way to fast skip artists? If I want to go to T do I have to scroll the whole way?

Last edited by flnsx; 03-17-09 at 08:56 AM.
Old 03-17-09, 08:57 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by loudtrpt
Thanks for the quick response. So if i'm third generation, what are the limitations on what I can see on the screen/menu navigation/how many songs/playlists?

Mike Collins
You will have two lines of text on your display. One will always show your playlist name, and second will default on track title, but you can change the display of the second line to either artist or album names as well.
Old 03-17-09, 08:58 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by beez43
i got a 2007 gs350 with no ML. what is good for me? i want the most out of this unit..
First we need to determine whether you want Satellite radio or not. Also are you most interested in iPod, iPod+Video or USB integration?
Old 03-17-09, 08:59 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by flnsx
Will the SL2i-UP allow me to browse by artist on my 06 RX400h with no nav?

Also, is there a way to fast skip artists? If I want to go to T do I have to scroll the whole way?
'06 RX without Nav with SL2i-UP installed can only allow you to browse your iPod by playlists.
Old 03-17-09, 09:07 AM
flnsx
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Dude! That's a bummer. Thanks for replying....
Old 03-17-09, 09:25 AM
beez43
Pole Position

hmm.. sat radio isnt necessary.. ipod video sounds cool and usb integration does too.. are all of these add ons?
Old 03-17-09, 10:19 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by beez43
hmm.. sat radio isnt necessary.. ipod video sounds cool and usb integration does too.. are all of these add ons?
If you would like iPod integration only then SL2i-UP is the unit you want. If you would like to integrate iPod and be able to play movies from your iPod on your screen then SL2Vi needs to be put it. VML-MultiMediaLinQ integrates any mass storage device like flash drives, portable hard drives and etc.
Old 03-17-09, 09:23 PM
beez43
Pole Position

want the sl2vi but i have no ml.. will it work? 07 gs350.

Quick Reply: VAIS Technology Spring Group Buy!!!!!!!!