Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

Sewell Lexus, sewellpartsonline.com - 2IS Premium LED Interior Lighting Kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-09, 01:54 PM
pootie
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by silentbob
...waiting for a response as well from sewell on the flickering issue and the slightly different colors on the rear and front domes. is everyone experiencing this?
Good luck getting a response. I, to this day, have not received a response to my emails or pm's. Been over a month. Ended up calling them and talking to a guy in parts. That will be your best bet.
Old 05-29-09, 04:30 PM
silentbob
Driver

pootie, what did the guy you talked to in parts tell you? i am ok with the flicker, if thats just what led's do (i'm a car noob), but the different colors people have noticed is kind of a bummer...
Old 05-30-09, 12:30 AM
Doco21
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Surprisingly, the back Dome bulb from Sewell does not flicker. I'm testing quite a few bulbs and will post something next week hopefully. I'm still looking for front ones that matches the color and doesn't flicker.

Personally, the Sewell purchase has been well worth the price. I've used the front dome ones for the parking lights. Given the cost, it was a steal!
Old 05-30-09, 10:37 AM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by silentbob
pootie, what did the guy you talked to in parts tell you? i am ok with the flicker, if thats just what led's do (i'm a car noob), but the different colors people have noticed is kind of a bummer...
You guys are killing us on the color bit! What we see is they're different bulbs and there's a different number at that. The front dome light takes three peanut style bulbs while the rear takes just two festoon style bulbs. There isn't any reason once so ever there is a different color or what others are referring to as hue. We are however clear on the notion the luminosity or brightness is different.

The trouble we're having is we're not seeing what you guys are describing. We are open to suggestions.

Originally Posted by pootie
Good luck getting a response. I, to this day, have not received a response to my emails or pm's. Been over a month. Ended up calling them and talking to a guy in parts. That will be your best bet.
Yes, we did get your PM from the April 17th as well as your order information and phone call. Once your phone call was received we deleted your PM. Calling or emailing customer service is always the best way to contact us as PM's aren't as closely monitored as the other two forms of communication. Sorry for the mix-up.

Darrel
Old 05-31-09, 12:02 AM
rob stolen
Driver

Originally Posted by Lexus-Parts
You guys are killing us on the color bit! What we see is they're different bulbs and there's a different number at that. The front dome light takes three peanut style bulbs while the rear takes just two festoon style bulbs. There isn't any reason once so ever there is a different color or what others are referring to as hue. We are however clear on the notion the luminosity or brightness is different.

The trouble we're having is we're not seeing what you guys are describing. We are open to suggestions.

Yes, we did get your PM from the April 17th as well as your order information and phone call. Once your phone call was received we deleted your PM. Calling or emailing customer service is always the best way to contact us as PM's aren't as closely monitored as the other two forms of communication. Sorry for the mix-up.

Darrel

I ordered the LED kit as well and also have these issues. I'm not as quite as concerned for the slight hue difference between the front & back, but the FLICKERING in the front as others are experiencing is extremely irritating. It flickers repeatedly each time as it gradually turns on and off.

To be quite honest, it looks out of place in a Lexus and feels cheap, like a cheap aftermarket bulb bought on Ebay. That's the only way to describe it. I do see the color difference b/t the front & back as well, as others have mentioned, but it my personal opinion, it is tolerable. But the flickering in the front is a real issue with these lights. Also, this does NOT happen in the back, only in the front.

Sewell, I'm sure you know what we are talking about when it comes to the flickering. Do you have any replacement alternatives for the front? This issue definitely needs to be addressed.
Old 05-31-09, 07:37 AM
Doco21
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rob,

I've been looking into this for awhile. I've even asked this on the lighting section. This problem is apparent in ALL LEDs. Some more some less. Long story short, I accidentally gave away one of the pair in the back. I have bought other 3175 bulbs to replace it but so far, I haven't found one that didn't. Surprisingly the Sewell ones are not immediately noticable. (If you take the cover off and look closely, you'll see it flicker slightly.)

Like I said above, I did find a set for the fronts that had very minor flicker but they are unusable. I'll post my findings in a week or so.

BTW, here's a video of the papaya mod.
Here
Old 05-31-09, 10:53 AM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Originally Posted by rob stolen
Sewell...This issue definitely needs to be addressed.
Noting everyone comments with this issue, if your not completely satisfied with the bulbs, you're welcome to send them back. We certainly don't want anyone thinking there Lexus just became cheap because of 3 bulbs. That's just silly.

Should anyone have this concern, please email me directly at ddiller@sewell.com and I will forward the directions to you for the return.

Darrel
Old 05-31-09, 04:06 PM
rob stolen
Driver

Noting everyone comments with this issue, if your not completely satisfied with the bulbs, you're welcome to send them back. We certainly don't want anyone thinking there Lexus just became cheap because of 3 bulbs. That's just silly.

Should anyone have this concern, please email me directly at ddiller@sewell.com and I will forward the directions to you for the return.

Darrel

Darrel,

I am completely aware I can return this set back to you for a refund, however, I was inquiring above if you had any replacement options for the front lights from Oracle.

I've already installed them, and am not looking for the hassle to uninstall, reinstall the stock lights, and pay for postage to mail these back for a refund. I am completely satisfied with the rest of the set of LED's, including the OEM door lenses, just the front lights that are causing the issue.

I am sure you see the flickering in the front lights as well. Any suggestions or other options on a fix?
Old 05-31-09, 06:32 PM
rob stolen
Driver

Originally Posted by Doco21
Rob,

I've been looking into this for awhile. I've even asked this on the lighting section. This problem is apparent in ALL LEDs. Some more some less. Long story short, I accidentally gave away one of the pair in the back. I have bought other 3175 bulbs to replace it but so far, I haven't found one that didn't. Surprisingly the Sewell ones are not immediately noticable. (If you take the cover off and look closely, you'll see it flicker slightly.)

Like I said above, I did find a set for the fronts that had very minor flicker but they are unusable. I'll post my findings in a week or so.

BTW, here's a video of the papaya mod.
Here

That's not true. NigelJDMParts has been selling interior LED's for our cars and there is NO ISSUE with flickering with his LED's. I've been watching this for some time now and confirmed it on this thread of over 15 pages. Multiple people have purchased LED's from him. They're pricier and supposedly much brighter, but no flickering whatsoever. This proves that the Oracle brand has an issue, not LED's in general. And anyways, the rear LED lights DO NOT flicker with the Sewell/Oracle kit, just the front.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...terior-15.html

Last edited by rob stolen; 05-31-09 at 06:41 PM.
Old 08-23-09, 01:27 PM
2009LEX
Driver

is flickering still an issue? i was thinking about picking these up.

thanks!
Old 08-25-09, 02:57 PM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Originally Posted by 2009LEX
is flickering still an issue? i was thinking about picking these up. thanks!
To be frank, we're still not sure of that flickering bit beyond what others have described as normal. I had just one person contact me via telephone to describe to me a blatant flicker and we simply replaced them under warranty. Since this post, we have just over 200 kits sold and just one person call us directly about a problem concerning warranty.

Maybe Rob Stolen could clarify this further for you...

Darrel
Old 08-27-09, 12:47 AM
rob stolen
Driver

Originally Posted by 2009LEX
is flickering still an issue? i was thinking about picking these up.

thanks!
Yes, they DO flicker in the front. And NO, not all LED's flicker. This set does. Nigel's do NOT flicker. However, I still have the set in my car. The price was decent and I do not want to go through the hassle of mailing it back for a refund.

The bottom line is that the front lights DO flicker. Anybody who owns this set will confirm this. I guess I just ignore the flickering or just have gotten used to it. Also, the color up front IS different from the rear light. The rears are slightly bluer in color.

However, the set was a decent bargain and I did not want to pay $15 per light with Nigel's product, even though his lights are much brighter. You do also get the clear door lenses as well.

All in all, the Sewell set is not perfect, but good enough.
Old 08-27-09, 12:58 AM
rob stolen
Driver

To be frank, we're still not sure of that flickering bit beyond what others have described as normal. I had just one person contact me via telephone to describe to me a blatant flicker and we simply replaced them under warranty. Since this post, we have just over 200 kits sold and just one person call us directly about a problem concerning warranty.

Maybe Rob Stolen could clarify this further for you...

Darrel
Yes, I guess the flickering is probably normal for this particular Oracle brand product, but again, not ALL led's do this. This is a misnomer. Especially, when it ONLY happens in the front and NOT the rear. Not to mention the color in the rear is also different.

To be quite honest, it WAS disappointing to see these things happen after install. I didn't expect this type of mismatch from a product offered by a Lexus dealer.

I do wish, however, you did offer some alternative swap for the front flickering light. But apparently, your non-response to my previous post in this thread says it all.
Old 08-27-09, 07:24 AM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Originally Posted by rob stolen
Yes, I guess the flickering is probably normal for this particular Oracle brand product, but again, not ALL led's do this. This is a misnomer. Especially, when it ONLY happens in the front and NOT the rear. Not to mention the color in the rear is also different.

To be quite honest, it WAS disappointing to see these things happen after install. I didn't expect this type of mismatch from a product offered by a Lexus dealer.

I do wish, however, you did offer some alternative swap for the front flickering light. But apparently, your non-response to my previous post in this thread says it all.
Thanks for the glowing reviews Rob
Old 08-27-09, 10:04 AM
2009LEX
Driver

hmmmm. so I am still at square one. Maybe I will just give them a shot but if the mismatched color is really noticeable it will drive me a bit crazy.

Thank you Rob for your posts. I appreciate you taking the time to answer this for me!

Thank you Sewell for your info also.

Quick Reply: Sewell Lexus, sewellpartsonline.com - 2IS Premium LED Interior Lighting Kit