Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

Introducing Ourselves! New Site Sponsor - Carbon Fiber Fabric Trim Wrap

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-09, 03:21 PM
Neffy Wrap
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jctheplaya
wait, so its basically tape? if im not mistaken its tape going around the previous interior mesh or dash
Neffy Wrap is not self adhesive. You will be required to purchase spray adhesive (from local hardware store). Either 3M Super 77 Spray or 3M 90 Spray Adhesive will do nicely.

What you proceed to do is wrap your existing trim with the wrap. It will overlay your existing trim. PM me if you would like more details!
Old 05-08-09, 03:25 PM
Neffy Wrap
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by PHXF
can you give some direction as to the steps involved?
ie
1) cut CF wrap to rough size
2) spray with adhesive
3) press onto trim piece to be covered, let dry
4) cut off surrounding and reinstall
etc

I'm particularly interested in how you get the tight corners around the shifter, etc taken car of where there is no fraying or gaps.

Also, what do you cut this stuff with? Just nice scissors?
Sure thing. Since I can't link to our website, go there and check out the online gallery link on the homepage. Go to album4 and u'll see a nice how to step by step process.

Rough directions are as follows:
1. Cut Neffy Wrap to approximate size of piece being wrapped. Preferably leave ~1"-2" overhang.
2. Spray piece being wrapped with adhesive. Make sure to allow curing time of spray (approx 30sec-1min)
3. Place wrap onto sprayed piece going from inside out.
4. Do the edges, then do the corners in the same fashion
5. Trim off excess
6. Cut out holes, etc and wrap those corners
7. Reinstall trim piece

That is generally the guideline of steps to follow.
Old 05-08-09, 05:38 PM
Splat
Lead Lap

as soon as i move i found what i am using to cover my back seat center piece!
Old 05-08-09, 06:16 PM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

can you clearcoat this? Have you tried? If I get Three yards is it three seperate sheets or a long roll 108". This will have a rough feel right.
Old 05-08-09, 09:09 PM
Neffy Wrap
Former Sponsor

This material is not meant to be clear coated. It is meant to have a matte dry feel to it. We have tried to clearcoat it and it doesnt work too well.

If you get 3 yards, we ship it to you as a long 108"x55" roll.

Yes it is textured. If you go to our website and click on the image for the item, you can see the texture up close.
Old 05-08-09, 10:27 PM
jctheplaya
Lead Lap

very interesting, still contemplating, but very nice product
Old 05-09-09, 05:17 AM
LEXUSF
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its bascially tape! why would you wanna use tape it may peal and or look bad in time! guess if your desperate to have a cheap look and not quality it may be a way to go!?
Old 05-09-09, 06:21 AM
ngl1145
Lexus Test Driver

From the pictures it looks pretty good. I'd probably have to see it in person to determine if it has a "cheap look". I think it's a great idea though. Hmmmm maybe I should try wrapping my Lexon lip in it hehehe.
Old 05-09-09, 07:41 AM
LEXUSF
Racer

Originally Posted by ngl1145
From the pictures it looks pretty good. I'd probably have to see it in person to determine if it has a "cheap look". I think it's a great idea though. Hmmmm maybe I should try wrapping my Lexon lip in it hehehe.

now thats an idea! cost way less then painting! i wonder if you could use it on our roof outside? that would be cool!
Old 05-09-09, 07:47 AM
fleadog99
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dflores you changed your mind pretty quickly there, you went from looking cheap and tape, to wrapping your roof and lips in it, why not just buy the cheap carbon fiber vinyl and do it. I think this is a material NOT the cheap vinyl stuff that has been around. it is like carpet or other type of material but thin and carbon fiber - ish. I am going to wait for group buy. 1 yd is more than enough to wrap all of the silver carbon fiber LOOK we already have. I am doing black carbon fiber on the outside and want black carbon fiber on the inside. Does anyone know if the 3m adhesive will ruin the top of the silver carbon fiber if you want to remove this stuff?
Old 05-09-09, 08:00 AM
LEXUSF
Racer

Originally Posted by fleadog99
Dflores you changed your mind pretty quickly there, you went from looking cheap and tape, to wrapping your roof and lips in it, why not just buy the cheap carbon fiber vinyl and do it. I think this is a material NOT the cheap vinyl stuff that has been around. it is like carpet or other type of material but thin and carbon fiber - ish. I am going to wait for group buy. 1 yd is more than enough to wrap all of the silver carbon fiber LOOK we already have. I am doing black carbon fiber on the outside and want black carbon fiber on the inside. Does anyone know if the 3m adhesive will ruin the top of the silver carbon fiber if you want to remove this stuff?
i still feel the same about the inside but the roof and the spoiler are kinda different since they dont offer those in anything else. unless you know of a carbon fiber roof replacement i dont!
Old 05-09-09, 09:02 AM
fleadog99
Lexus Test Driver

I am sure you can have Figs fab it up for you, as soon as he is done with the engine cover. Just cut the top and put it in a mold and there ya go, easy I was thinking about wrapping this stuff around the engine cover but the 3m spray might not withstand the heat. But thought it would look good. Daniel once the group buy starts I am going to buy some, you can come and help me install and see for your self if you like it or not. I will wrap everything that is currently silver carbon fiber, and maybe the vents, rear middle seat thingy, and a license plate. What about wrapping wheels???? ok thats a little crazy.
Old 05-09-09, 09:33 AM
LEXUSF
Racer

Originally Posted by fleadog99
I am sure you can have Figs fab it up for you, as soon as he is done with the engine cover. Just cut the top and put it in a mold and there ya go, easy I was thinking about wrapping this stuff around the engine cover but the 3m spray might not withstand the heat. But thought it would look good. Daniel once the group buy starts I am going to buy some, you can come and help me install and see for your self if you like it or not. I will wrap everything that is currently silver carbon fiber, and maybe the vents, rear middle seat thingy, and a license plate. What about wrapping wheels???? ok thats a little crazy.
lets just do the three yards and we will spit it and we can do my roof!
Old 05-09-09, 12:51 PM
ngl1145
Lexus Test Driver

My wrapping of my front lip was just an idea. I don't think I can get myself to do it though. I wonder how easy it is to peel it back if you don't like it. I know you're supposed to get adhesive which is separate. If any of you attempt it I'd love to see pics!
Old 05-09-09, 01:50 PM
8speed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DFLORES
its bascially tape! why would you wanna use tape it may peal and or look bad in time! guess if your desperate to have a cheap look and not quality it may be a way to go!?

+1

Why would you want "fake" tape looking c/f on your 60k sports sedan

Not this guy.......but they are peddling this crap over to the ISx crowd so who knows to each his own!

Quick Reply: Introducing Ourselves! New Site Sponsor - Carbon Fiber Fabric Trim Wrap