Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

VAIS Technology Summer Group Buy!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-09, 12:19 PM
silentbob
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you know if there are any planned firmware updates this year? perhaps maybe to include the tune dial to scroll?
Old 06-15-09, 03:05 PM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by Gs350Lola
only ipod has the options of integrating with nav?
Please give me little more info on your question. What are you trying to do?
Old 06-15-09, 03:07 PM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by silentbob
do you know if there are any planned firmware updates this year? perhaps maybe to include the tune dial to scroll?
In fact one of the new versions is on beta test right now. 4.49 is being tested! You can also request beta test version if you have an update adapter.
Old 06-15-09, 03:09 PM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

We do have a new version coming! Version 4.49 is available as a beta test version only. If you have an update adapter you can request it if you'd like.
Old 06-15-09, 04:07 PM
silentbob
Driver

Originally Posted by VaisTech
In fact one of the new versions is on beta test right now. 4.49 is being tested! You can also request beta test version if you have an update adapter.
great news! can you tell us what additional features are being planned for the new firmware?
Old 06-15-09, 04:38 PM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Received 105 Likes on 85 Posts

If you would like to integrate Audio from your iPod only then you can go with SL2i-UP. It will display playlist and track information on your nav screen.

If you would like all of the above and be able to play videos from your iPod/iPhone on the screen then you need to get SL2Vi.

Both units are fully compatible with your car!
I ordered the SL2Vi, received an invoice almost immediately, and just now received the shipment tracking No. Great Service!

NOTE TO CLUB MEMBERS: Thanks for all the information/photos that have been posted on the Vasitech units. This gave me the confidence that I can install the unit without problems. Would not have been aware of how to do this if not for all the postings. Thanks much (I am now charging and downloading music to my new iPod Classic that I just purchased).

Great work from everybody involved.
Old 06-15-09, 07:43 PM
Gs350Lola
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please give me little more info on your question. What are you trying to do?
can we control the mp3 thru our nav screen? or only the ipod can?
Old 06-16-09, 03:11 PM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by Gs350Lola
can we control the mp3 thru our nav screen? or only the ipod can?
With VML you can control virtually any mass storage device through your screen, flash drives, HDD, MP3 players and etc. With SL2i-UP you only control your iPod through nav screen.

Thanks,
Old 06-16-09, 03:32 PM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

great news! can you tell us what additional features are being planned for the new firmware?
New Features for version 4.49:

1. Unicode support for NON-US navigation systems. (Up to 4 bytes per symbol, 56 bytes for folder name and 60 bytes for track name)
2. Fixed 5th Gen navigation problem of when there are more then 999 folders or more then 999 files on the iPod. Version 4.49 displays titles correctly if number of folders or files exceeds 999.
3. Reset RAND, SCAN, REPEAT, DISC RAND, DISC SCAN and DISC REPEAT when you switch to another browsing mode.
4. Issue with Audiobooks not starting from the same minute and second is now fixed. It happened when you turn the car OFF and ON, or switched back and forth from different mode.
5. Fixed problem with multiple iPod usage. Example: Original iPod is using audiobook browsing feature, if this iPod is disconnected and new iPod is connected which doesn't have audiobooks, SL2 will automatically switch to playlist browsing option.
6. 4.49 also adds support for more then 99 songs per playlist for CD changer emulation.

Track 100, 200, 300...900 will be displayed as track "0" or "90". Text display for the rest of tracks will contain last two digits of the track number and "1^", "2^", "3^"...."9^" for corresponding track "hundreds" at the beginning of the track title.

7. Optimized "iPod processing" engine (now the same as VML)

8. General CODE optimization.

Last edited by VaisTech; 06-16-09 at 04:21 PM.
Old 06-16-09, 03:35 PM
Inertia
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

I just bought a SoundLinQ2 (SL2Vi) but I think I read one of the answers you posted that it doesn't work for the 2006 Lexus GS430? I have the ML soundsystem running Gen 4 Navigation. I'd just like to confirm if this is correct.

I see that the 2006 Lexus GS430 is listed...
http://www.vaistech.com/manuals/Application_Guide.pdf
Old 06-16-09, 04:14 PM
jns350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jayclapp
I ordered the SL2Vi, received an invoice almost immediately, and just now received the shipment tracking No. Great Service.
Same here I just got my unit in today and finished installing it. I can't say enough good, what an improvement the sound quality is over the aux port. Now I also have DVD function via my Ipod. (I have a non-ML).....Vias mention there is a beta update..How do I apply for that and is the update free of charge???? Best $270 bucks I've spent yet on my car. Very happy and wished I bought it sooner
Old 06-16-09, 05:01 PM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by jns350
Same here I just got my unit in today and finished installing it. I can't say enough good, what an improvement the sound quality is over the aux port. Now I also have DVD function via my Ipod. (I have a non-ML).....Vias mention there is a beta update..How do I apply for that and is the update free of charge???? Best $270 bucks I've spent yet on my car. Very happy and wished I bought it sooner
Thanks jns350, we appreciate your support!

If you buy update adapter from us (available on our website for $49.99) then updates are free of charge.

If you decide to send your unit in for update then it's free for one year and then $30 per update.

Thanks again for your compliments!
Old 06-16-09, 05:03 PM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by Inertia
I just bought a SoundLinQ2 (SL2Vi) but I think I read one of the answers you posted that it doesn't work for the 2006 Lexus GS430? I have the ML soundsystem running Gen 4 Navigation. I'd just like to confirm if this is correct.

I see that the 2006 Lexus GS430 is listed...
http://www.vaistech.com/manuals/Application_Guide.pdf
2006 GS is listed and is compatible with SL2Vi only if it doesn't have ML system.

If it does have Mark Levinson then SL2Vi isn't compatible unfortunately, but SL2i-UP is.
Old 06-16-09, 07:48 PM
USC2000
Driver

Which one would I need for an 06 IS250 without Nav? Will text be displayed on the screen? Looking to hook up an ipod classic for now and an iphone in the future.
Thanks!
Old 06-17-09, 07:15 AM
papan
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,
I have old (I think i bought it in 2007) SoundLinQ (Model SLU) unit which support iPod and an extra aux input. Can I integrate SL2VI unit so I can play videos from iPhone/iPod and still have an extra aux input.

Quick Reply: VAIS Technology Summer Group Buy!!!!!!