Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

VAIS Technology Summer Group Buy!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-09, 06:30 PM
silentbob
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VaisTech
New Features for version 4.49:

1. Unicode support for NON-US navigation systems. (Up to 4 bytes per symbol, 56 bytes for folder name and 60 bytes for track name)
2. Fixed 5th Gen navigation problem of when there are more then 999 folders or more then 999 files on the iPod. Version 4.49 displays titles correctly if number of folders or files exceeds 999.
3. Reset RAND, SCAN, REPEAT, DISC RAND, DISC SCAN and DISC REPEAT when you switch to another browsing mode.
4. Issue with Audiobooks not starting from the same minute and second is now fixed. It happened when you turn the car OFF and ON, or switched back and forth from different mode.
5. Fixed problem with multiple iPod usage. Example: Original iPod is using audiobook browsing feature, if this iPod is disconnected and new iPod is connected which doesn't have audiobooks, SL2 will automatically switch to playlist browsing option.
6. 4.49 also adds support for more then 99 songs per playlist for CD changer emulation.

Track 100, 200, 300...900 will be displayed as track "0" or "90". Text display for the rest of tracks will contain last two digits of the track number and "1^", "2^", "3^"...."9^" for corresponding track "hundreds" at the beginning of the track title.

7. Optimized "iPod processing" engine (now the same as VML)

8. General CODE optimization.
nice! any idea when the new firmware is planned to come out of beta and officially released?
Old 06-26-09, 07:18 AM
Trav7414
Intermediate

You can get SL2Vi in your car, it'll give you iPod integration and capability to play videos from your iPhone on your nav screen. Just keep in mind since your car doesn't support text it will not show any.
Will I be able to play video from my iphone while in motion? or will i be able to connect another video source beside the iphone? Is that's the only model you recommended for my car generation?
Old 06-26-09, 08:47 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by Trav7414
Will I be able to play video from my iphone while in motion? or will i be able to connect another video source beside the iphone? Is that's the only model you recommended for my car generation?
Unfortunately with Sl2Vi you will not be able to connect secondary video source or play iPhone while the car is in motion.

We have other models that work with your car, it's just I think you asked for iPod integration with Video playback.
Old 06-26-09, 08:48 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by silentbob
nice! any idea when the new firmware is planned to come out of beta and officially released?
Mid July I think!
Old 07-08-09, 02:49 AM
timeslip
Driver School Candidate

Just to clarify, as I am confused by all the options and goals.

I am looking to buy an ISF, and after reading the forums, I am convinced to get VAIS over the Lexus Factory IPOD.

I would like to play audio and videos from my ipod or iphone 3g, while charging it on the ML system.

Which kit do I need?
Old 07-08-09, 04:35 AM
Trav7414
Intermediate

Question - Does the MultiMediaLinQ VML KIT work for my 2004 GS430 and also can I use my Iphone to play music and video on this unit? I supposed it also can play video from usb mass storage and/or from hard drive correct?
Old 07-11-09, 12:57 PM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by timeslip
Just to clarify, as I am confused by all the options and goals.

I am looking to buy an ISF, and after reading the forums, I am convinced to get VAIS over the Lexus Factory IPOD.

I would like to play audio and videos from my ipod or iphone 3g, while charging it on the ML system.

Which kit do I need?
You need SL2Vi if you don't have Mark Levinson in your new IS and you need SL2Vi-P4 if you do have Mark Levinson in your IS.
Old 07-11-09, 12:58 PM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by Trav7414
Question - Does the MultiMediaLinQ VML KIT work for my 2004 GS430 and also can I use my Iphone to play music and video on this unit? I supposed it also can play video from usb mass storage and/or from hard drive correct?
Unfortunately VML won't display any Video on your nav. But it is fully compatible for audio integration for your car and will be compatible with iPhone in a week.

Thanks,
Old 07-15-09, 01:14 AM
KaBui16
Driver School Candidate

Vaistech, Will you make a new wire for the SL2Vi instead of the adaptor for the iphone 3g? The reason i'm asking is the adaptor makes the wire too fat/long. I'm trying to put it in the ashtray area. Thanks -- Great product still.
Old 07-15-09, 01:47 AM
radicalrev
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

anymore group buy??
Old 07-15-09, 10:32 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by KaBui16
Vaistech, Will you make a new wire for the SL2Vi instead of the adaptor for the iphone 3g? The reason i'm asking is the adaptor makes the wire too fat/long. I'm trying to put it in the ashtray area. Thanks -- Great product still.
In fact we are working on it right now. Expect to have it ready hopefully in a couple of months.
Old 07-15-09, 10:33 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by radicalrev
anymore group buy??
Next Group Buy will probably be around October.
Old 10-01-09, 01:11 PM
StanVanDam
Instructor

Received 205 Likes on 154 Posts

Does the 3rd gen iPod Touch have the black and white video issue? Does the SL2Vi support the 3rd gen 32GB or 64GB models?
Old 10-01-09, 04:35 PM
i3urton
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its oct!!!!!!
Old 10-03-09, 06:24 PM
KaBui16
Driver School Candidate

In fact we are working on it right now. Expect to have it ready hopefully in a couple of months.
It's October! Any news about the new wire for the iphone 3GS? Tired of the Bulky Adaptor

Quick Reply: VAIS Technology Summer Group Buy!!!!!!