Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

Amazing New Product from VAIS Technology! Coming Soon!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-09, 06:43 PM
JV21
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please, please, please, leave that style to Audi. I know you want your car to be different, but serious, it's getting out of hand. Lambo style doors, altezza tail lights, the list goes on and on.... Just my 2 cents.
Old 06-05-09, 07:51 PM
darkbul4
Driver School Candidate

With all respect to all opinions above please try to be a little less conservative. Yes Audi has LED based lights and they look stylish. But to blame this company for using LEDs , is the same to blame any car manufacturer using halogen lights , Navigation equipment or ABS … as examples. More Audi uses their LEDs for pure decorative purposes. Yes they put same type of light source but generally all similarities ends here. If you read the text this simple strip produces 700Lm that in my opinion is an challenge specially in any environment conditions… as promised. If it helps to save a single life In poor visibility conditions the product worth. Give them a chance and market will decide what is “ugly” or “cool”.
Old 06-05-09, 08:03 PM
intrinsic
Pole Position

i say integrate it into the signals and make the lights amber
Old 06-05-09, 08:12 PM
IceIridium
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I like it!

Won't need to pry open the headlights for a messy inside job and if it really pumps out 700 lumens then that is impressive. Too many LED strips on the market give such crapping lighting, and is virtually invisible in daytime or when headlights are on.
Old 06-05-09, 08:19 PM
verals05
Lead Lap

any pics during the day?
Old 06-05-09, 08:24 PM
lexboi250
Lexus Champion

our cars are just as nice as the Audi's, if not better, i don't want audi owners to tell me that Lexus owners bite their style, and wish they were driving an Audi. Sorry, not for me
Old 06-05-09, 08:40 PM
stevio
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up Cool lights

hey vais! i don't think they look cheap at all. i saw the other (chinese) ones, and there's no comparison, at least on the picture, the installed pair looks factory. i don't see what the fuss among users here is all about, maybe they're pissed that their favorite car maker didn't think of it first how much?
p.s. do u have diy pix?
Old 06-05-09, 10:14 PM
acefalcon2
Lexus Champion

coolios.... hope you guys have variable length... plan on doing it slightly differently... and maybe wire it to the DRL instead... hoping it would work!! LOL
Old 06-06-09, 12:54 AM
radicalrev
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Definitely integrate it to make an LED signal mirror with the LED Strip flashing amber.
Old 06-06-09, 07:07 AM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

From what I can see and from reading the details these lights are not cheap cosmetic junk, but high quality functional lighting. Mounting them below the headlights does make them look like Audi wanna-be's, but if they could be mounted near the fogs they would look much better. Being able to light them with just the DRL would look great. Also integrating them into the turn signal could look very interesting.

The big question is, how much?

Koz
Old 06-06-09, 10:12 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Thanks everyone for your opinions, we do appreciate it!

In response to many questions and criticizing we wanted to post a few important points.
First is this:
“Stylish projector-type headlamps with blue crystal rings, which also include the world's first night-time LED low beams, provide excellent visibility and contribute to the LS 600h L styling theme. Blue accents on the front headlamps, taillamps, badging, engine cover and the SmartAccess key fobs and Smart Card key are unique to the
LS 600h L.”

Source: http://www.toyoland.com/lexus/ls600h.html

So, after that Audi came up with the strip-like LED head light. You may ask why a strip-like, because due to heat distribution from LED it is lower in price to do it this way. LS600 chose more expensive way of doing it, and we all know why. We are seeing more and more car automakers coming up with LED light built into the head light in the last year. Take a look at Cadillac, Infinity, Volvo and Lancia and I'm sure Lexus won't be the last that comes up with it.

Second, what makes Audi signature is their logo, model, shape of the car and not LED lights. LED is a Light Emitting Diode, which means that LED is just a source of light. Using LED in the car as a source of light is very new technology, because just year ago it wasn’t possible due to absence of powerful LEDs on the market. LED we use produce 70 Lumens each, and they are only 6 months old. With this technology available to car automakers, do you really think they will continue using bulbs head lights in 5 years?!

And as you can see above Lexus came up with this first two years ago, but on their very top models, because it’s still very expensive in production to implement it with other models. Also look how many cars use LED for their tail lights, almost all not even luxury brands. I’m not sure who came up with first LED tail light but it definitely didn’t mean it was going to be their signature. We are not trying to make your cars look like Audi, we are giving you options of most advanced technology available at this time. And with VLine it’s more light and be safer on the road.

Lastly, we would like to give you little more insights on quality of this product. Our tech team faced a lot of challenges while engineering this piece of equipment. Those LED get very hot and very fast, so we had to design a way to cool the whole set up very fast. Then we faced Mother Nature. It did take a while to make sure this design will stay on the car with the sun, rain, snow, wind, Colorado dryness, NY moisture and etc. And then we had to come up with the way to protect it from rocks on the road. And all this was done while still having this design semi-flexible, so it glues on the head light and fits multiple models with one VLine size. So I wouldn’t call this cheap, and definitely wouldn’t compare it with Chinese strips or Christmas lights. After all, each VLine gives you 700 Lumens of bright white LED light from one head light. I doubt Chinese strips will give you even 20 Lumens.

VLine will synchronize with your turn signal. Price and compatible models will be announced soon!

Thanks again everyone!

Last edited by VaisTech; 06-10-09 at 10:30 AM.
Old 06-06-09, 10:52 AM
jns350
Lexus Champion

I would love this if Audi didn't have it first....I'd hate to look across and see an Audi owner staring right back at me...good product none the less!!!!
Old 06-06-09, 10:59 AM
fleadog99
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you protect it from rude people just taking it off of your headlight because it is just glue? Whats to stop someone from just prying it off and you are out the $ for the strips of light.
Old 06-06-09, 03:39 PM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you make it red and go from side to side like KITT?

JK great product!
Old 06-06-09, 03:50 PM
A/C
Driver

To make it sound more constructive:
I personally like LED lighting alot, but it should look decently original. If the LED tube is glued outside the headlights its gonna look ugly IMHO. Straight tube also doesn't look nice at all. If you give it some nice curved design it will look way better. Also, if you find a way to place it, say, in highbeam part of the headlights it won't look like the new Audi trend and will definitely enhance or even replace existing DRL. As someone suggested, placing the tube somewhere around foglights would also look definitely better than the pics offered here.

Quick Reply: Amazing New Product from VAIS Technology! Coming Soon!