Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

WORK Wheels Introduction on Club Lexus! Any questions or information let us know!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-09, 09:33 PM
SC400_408
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pm'd!
Old 08-26-09, 11:27 AM
WORKWheels
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by S to the K
EXACTLY how much do the Varianza T1S in typical 19" IS350 fitment weigh? Are they significantly lighter than the stock 18" IS350 wheels?

I can't seem to get a straight answer on this.
19x8.5 is ~26 lbs
19x9.5 is ~26.7 lbs

I am not familiar with the weight of stock IS350 wheels so I cannot compare the two

Do keep in mind that if you are particular about wheel weight, there are other factors that you should consider, such as the weight of the tire that you choose to use

In the end though, wheel weight and the "unsprung weight" debate is relative to the user, and as always, I would suggest to buy based on your budget and preference, rather than particular on weight

Originally Posted by areukhmer
Can i find out what the status of my order LOL
If you have a pending order with one of our WORK Authorized Dealers, please contact them first regarding your order status

If you run into an issue please let us know

We can get status at any portion of the production process, so all our dealers should be able to update you on your order
Old 08-27-09, 12:33 AM
rob stolen
Driver

Originally Posted by WORKWheels
19x8.5 is ~26 lbs
19x9.5 is ~26.7 lbs

I am not familiar with the weight of stock IS350 wheels so I cannot compare the two

Do keep in mind that if you are particular about wheel weight, there are other factors that you should consider, such as the weight of the tire that you choose to use

In the end though, wheel weight and the "unsprung weight" debate is relative to the user, and as always, I would suggest to buy based on your budget and preference, rather than particular on weight

If you have a pending order with one of our WORK Authorized Dealers, please contact them first regarding your order status

If you run into an issue please let us know

We can get status at any portion of the production process, so all our dealers should be able to update you on your order

Wow, that's pretty heavy. I'm really surprised they weigh that much. I thought Work wheels were performance orientated, rather than just for looks. Considering the stock 18's weigh about 28 lbs, that's not much of a difference or weight savings. I thought they would be lighter than that.

Especially, when you have brands like VOLK & the Lexus Fsport wheel (made by BBS) weighing 20-21 lbs each.

If you're trying to get as much performance as possible for the IS, since it has very little aftermarket power mods, lightweight wheels are crucial. I know from experience on previous vehicles. Heavy wheels can really bog down your car.

Good to know.
Old 08-27-09, 12:55 AM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rob stolen
Wow, that's pretty heavy. I'm really surprised they weigh that much. I thought Work wheels were performance orientated, rather than just for looks. Considering the stock 18's weigh about 28 lbs, that's not much of a difference or weight savings. I thought they would be lighter than that.

Especially, when you have brands like VOLK & the Lexus Fsport wheel (made by BBS) weighing 20-21 lbs each.

If you're trying to get as much performance as possible for the IS, since it has very little aftermarket power mods, lightweight wheels are crucial. I know from experience on previous vehicles. Heavy wheels can really bog down your car.

Good to know.
Work wheels are very high quality wheels as I own a set myself.

From what I know, there are various lines to cater for different types of clienteles. I believe Work does have a lighter high performance line of wheels such as the Emotions
Old 08-27-09, 10:34 AM
WORKWheels
Former Sponsor

Good to know.
WORK Wheels are built with engineering strength and the highest quality in mind

If you take a look at the entire product offering, you'll see that WORK is a luxury / luxury sports wheel manufacturer, with the majority of wheels being 2 or 3 piece construction

Certain lineups within the brand such as the Emotion series are geared towards motorsports and gain their influence from there. With examples such as the Emotion series, they are designed and built for strength. They could make the wheel lighter by removing certain areas or material, but that would be at the sacrifice of strength/structure, which from a safety aspect is more crucial

As far as comparing WORK multipiece wheels to the models you listed, that's not really an ideal comparison. Comparing the weight of a 2 piece or 3 piece construction wheel to a one piece forged monoblock is comparing apples to oranges

Last edited by WORKWheels; 08-27-09 at 10:37 AM.
Old 08-28-09, 01:43 PM
Galaxy 40
Pole Position

WorkWheels,
Can you please confirm if these will fit the IS-F

Work VS-XX in 19X8.5 +40 Rdisk (front)
19X9.5 +42 Odisk (rear)

Thanks

The above specs are fitment for the IS350
Old 08-31-09, 02:32 PM
WORKWheels
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Galaxy 40
WorkWheels,
Can you please confirm if these will fit the IS-F

Work VS-XX in 19X8.5 +40 Rdisk (front)
19X9.5 +42 Odisk (rear)

Thanks

The above specs are fitment for the IS350
For the IS-F and the WORK VS-XX wheel, you would need a R Disk both front AND rear to clear the brake calipers

Fitment wise the widths and offsets you chose are fine, although slightly conservative

Typically could go with 8.5/9.5 with a mid 30's offset, which won't rub either

Taking a look at the VS-XX sizing chart in 19" + R Disk however, the closest choices would be:

F: 19x8.5+40 (R Disk)
R: 19x9.5+40 (R Disk)

Last edited by WORKWheels; 08-31-09 at 02:37 PM.
Old 08-31-09, 05:06 PM
rob stolen
Driver

Originally Posted by WORKWheels
WORK Wheels are built with engineering strength and the highest quality in mind

If you take a look at the entire product offering, you'll see that WORK is a luxury / luxury sports wheel manufacturer, with the majority of wheels being 2 or 3 piece construction

Certain lineups within the brand such as the Emotion series are geared towards motorsports and gain their influence from there. With examples such as the Emotion series, they are designed and built for strength. They could make the wheel lighter by removing certain areas or material, but that would be at the sacrifice of strength/structure, which from a safety aspect is more crucial

As far as comparing WORK multipiece wheels to the models you listed, that's not really an ideal comparison. Comparing the weight of a 2 piece or 3 piece construction wheel to a one piece forged monoblock is comparing apples to oranges

No offense, but the Work Emotions are pretty hideous. I also have colleagues that have Volk wheels and have heard nothing but praise from them and also from the many Volk owners on this forum, concerning their strength & durability.

The majority of Volk's lineup of wheels are lightweight, not just one style like Work wheels.

I wonder why that is?

After watching the Youtube vid below on what it takes to make a Volk wheel, I find it hard to believe they are "sacrificing stength/structure" by making them lightweight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Armx02_R7Y0

I am looking for a lightweight wheel that will assist in performance, not be a liability in that department.
Old 08-31-09, 05:30 PM
Wierdazndu
Lexus Test Driver

^^^^^^ dude no offense but you just sound like a Work hater.... And i happen to like the Work Emotion... being "pretty hideous" doesnt have anything to do with performance. Anyways though, i think we should leave this thread to questions and information and not criticism about a company and their wheels. If you want Volks instead of Work then you have that right. If you want to bash on a company then start your own thread.

Again though, not trying to offend anyone. I just dont see any points to your responses.
Old 09-01-09, 02:43 PM
WORKWheels
Former Sponsor

No offense, but the Work Emotions are pretty hideous. I also have colleagues that have Volk wheels and have heard nothing but praise from them and also from the many Volk owners on this forum, concerning their strength & durability.

The majority of Volk's lineup of wheels are lightweight, not just one style like Work wheels.

I wonder why that is?

After watching the Youtube vid below on what it takes to make a Volk wheel, I find it hard to believe they are "sacrificing stength/structure" by making them lightweight.

I am looking for a lightweight wheel that will assist in performance, not be a liability in that department.
I think you misinterpreted what I was saying.

I was NEVER saying that Volk Wheels are not great wheels. I have personally owned Volk Wheels myself along with WORK Wheels so I have never questioned their strength, durability, or anything else. Our goal is never to discredit another quality wheel manufacturer, in fact we recognize and praise the abilities of Rays Wheels.

I was not saying that Volk "sacrifices strength / structure" to manufacture their wheels. What I was saying is that comparing a low pressure cast wheel (Emotions) to a forged monoblock wheel (TE/CE/RE) is comparing apples to orange because those are two completely separate processes of construction. In addition, if you took a closer look at the Volk Racing lineup, you'd see that the majority of the wheels are actually multipiece (their GT series), while their monoblock forged (CE/TE/RE) series makes up the minority. If you want to make comparisons, compare the multipiece wheels of WORK to the GT series of Volk (which is a cast center with forged barrel as well). I am not a Volk representative so I cannot make judgements on the weights of the GT series but I don't think you could say that a GT multipiece wheel is as lightweight as a forged monoblock.

What I was saying is that for a WORK Emotion specifically, they could design it (in regards to the mold) by removing more material from the design, but their goal is engineering strength rather than making a lightweight wheel.

Either way, it is obvious that you have made your mind up, and you are more than entitled to your own opinion regarding wheel weights and the relation to performance.

Once again, I must reiterate that I never said anything regarding Volk's quality or strength if you re-read my original post regarding the subject.

Last edited by WORKWheels; 09-01-09 at 03:06 PM.
Old 09-02-09, 12:21 PM
gs2isf
Lead Lap

I wonder why that is?

This is a thread to PRAISE WORK WHEELS not bash themafterall this isn't Autospies! Both wheels are great no need to hate
Old 09-09-09, 03:04 PM
lenny
Pole Position

work FTW!! looks like an order should be landing soon.

Last edited by lenny; 09-09-09 at 06:24 PM.
Old 09-14-09, 10:17 AM
WORKWheels
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by lenny
work FTW!! looks like an order should be landing soon.
Correct the most recent container came in last Friday (the 11th), so you should be seeing your wheels soon!

Thanks for your patience Lenny!
Old 09-21-09, 10:56 AM
WORKWheels
Former Sponsor

A few of you have sent me PM's regarding wheel care, so here is some information which might be helpful to others as well.

Here's what WORK Wheels Japan says in regards to wheel maintenance:

---------------------------------

Maintenance and Storage Conditions

* Aluminum alloy wheels are susceptible to corrosion when they are expose to salt or mud. Therefore, wash them with water after driving the vehicle on the beach or on a snowy or unpaved road. The use of soft-cloth is suitable when wiping the wheel.

* Do not use chemicals that include abrasive compounds, strong acids or high alkaline content. To select the right cleaning products, please read their product labels and instruction carefully.

* Using car wash equipment could potentially scratch the wheels. It is the best way to wash by hand. When doing so, be careful with sharp edges, which could be hazardous to your hands.

* When storing these wheels/tires for a extended period of time, protect them from direct sunlight, rain, oil, moisture, humidity and high temperature.

* When storing a tire that is mounted on a wheel, you should only keep 1/2 of the air pressure. When re-installation, always check the tire pressure to the recommended level by the tire manufacture.

---------------------------------

Besides the information above, I might also add to refrain from using tire shine products in conjunction with our wheels (specifically the multipiece). It might not apply to all tire shine products/brands, but we've found that the chemicals within certain tire shine products will actually cause corrosion on the outer lips and faces.

Any other questions please feel free to PM me.
Old 10-08-09, 12:17 PM
WORKWheels
Former Sponsor

Here's some new pics we just received of some well done Lexus vehicles:

Lexus GS on WORK Gnosis GS3 Brushed Aluminum (BRU) Finish

Lexus GS on WORK Gnosis GS3 Brushed Aluminum (BRU) Finish

Lexus IS on WORK Gnosis GS3 Brushed Aluminum (BRU) Finish

For more information on the WORK Gnosis GS3, please click on the wheel above

Sizing comes in a 19" + 20", with widths up to 11 inch!

For pricing feel free to contact any WORK Authorized Dealer!

Quick Reply: WORK Wheels Introduction on Club Lexus! Any questions or information let us know!