Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

VAIS Technology Group Buy!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-09, 07:15 AM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Received 106 Likes on 85 Posts

You can pretty much get what you want displayed. You just have to name your Playlist to get it. I name each Playlist as "Artist - Album name". This allows SL3Vi to display that info on the first line. The name of each song is then displayed on the 2nd line.

Note that iTunes playlist are listed alphabetically. For convenience of playing more recently acquired music, I name those as "1 -artist name", "2 -artist name", etc. iTunes then puts those in order and above the alphabetical list by names.

This allows me to list a number of albums (5 or so) as numbers 1-5 in the playlist. They are easily found at the top of the list and grouped together (necessary when you have 50 or 60 albums in you iPod and want to find your new music). This is the equivalent of having CDs in your changer, except this way you also get the name of each song and dont have to actually have the CD in the car (also you might not have acquired the music by hard CD).

This works for me.