Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

Possible Group Buy: Wood Steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-02, 08:53 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Default 7

From what I understand that is 7 people confirmed. Better than I thought it would be.
Old 05-03-02, 01:02 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Actually, there is now 13 people that are serious. Most people want to wait for mine to come back first so that I can give a review along with some detailed photography. I have decided to do the Burl "Photo Genesis Print" ("Burl PGP" for short) on my wheel because I'm sure more people know what stained walnut looks like (it's has "straight" graining)...

I also found out that they give a 1 year material and workmanship warranty. They've have 0.001% in warranty work. That's pretty damn impressive!

Now as far as I know, if you have 4-spoke wheel, there is no "direct swap" to a 3-spoke wheel...people just have to LIVE WITH IT!

Now, we need some more 4-spoke guys in on deal (SC/LS/ES/JZS147 GS)! Here's some SOLID prices on 4-spokers (NOT for the GS 3-spoke wheels!)...if you want the Burl PGP on your wheel, it's ONLY an extra $10

1-5 = $350
6-10 = $330
11-20 = $310

As for the 3-spoke wheel (which most of you guys are), I am going to talk to them tommorow to find out what the final price is.

---------------------------------------

AGAIN, if you're interested in these deal PLEASE EMAIL me at gs430@mac.com and give me the following info...

1) Year of your car
2) Model of your car
3) Interior Color
4) Regular walnut or Burl PGP
5) Do you ABSOLUTELY require a loaner wheel?
6) Would you be interested in a "core trade-in" program instead? (which would cost extra...still working on this one)

If you want a better match, you'll have to send in a sample of your interior wood (even a color match photo or print will work...) They haven't had any issues with color matching as far as I know (or at least customers were happy enough with the match)...

I am working on a loaner wheel program...
Old 05-03-02, 02:27 PM
alexus
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

can you guys post some pictures?
Old 05-03-02, 07:21 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Default other review

Someone else here has already had their wheel done by these guys and reported good results.The review is elsewhere on this site. Let me know when the buy is on.
Old 05-04-02, 02:35 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Ok, I have some more information...

They are also going to offer both "Slash" and "Slant" cuts also for $10 and $20 extra respectively...
Attached Thumbnails Possible Group Buy: Wood Steering wheel-slant-slash.jpg  
Old 05-04-02, 02:42 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Since we have over 10 people for the GS style 3-spoke wheel, here is the price...

It's $384...plus $12 shipping (back to you).

Now if you NEED a loaner, you will need put down a deposit and pay a extra sum of cash...plus shipping of the loaner to you and then shipping of the loaner back to us. I am working on the prices so I will post it soon.

With wheel removal, it takes only like 10-20 minutes it's not hard but if the airbag scares you, then have someone else do it...someone who knows what they're doing!

As for the BURL PRINT, here is a sample from their website...I have decided to do the BURL on mine so I will take some DETAILED (close up) photos when I get it back. I have just had my wheel removed today so I will be sending it out soon.
Attached Thumbnails Possible Group Buy: Wood Steering wheel-burl.jpg  

Last edited by Manaray; 05-04-02 at 02:44 AM.
Old 05-04-02, 02:47 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

For those of you wonder what the "style" of the wheels will look like for the GS ('98+), here's a picture of a RX wheel which is essentially what it will look like. It will NOT look like the 2001+ wheel with the thumb rests...sorry...
Attached Thumbnails Possible Group Buy: Wood Steering wheel-rxgswheel.jpg  
Old 05-04-02, 05:38 AM
alexus
Pole Position

on picture it sure looks good...

can someone post stock steering wheel on their GS for year 2001 and 2000 'cause i believe folks who owns 2001 model they already have this kind of steering wheel.. i might be wrong.. that's why i'm asking people to post their picture on different year of the model

thanks
Old 05-04-02, 06:16 AM
GS400_PUSHER
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats a good ideal......a1exus.
Old 05-04-02, 06:24 AM
alexus
Pole Position

damn i wish i knew that before i met my friend with his gs300 2001 and his steering wheel sure looks different from mine..
Old 05-04-02, 07:25 AM
BananaGS
Tech Guru

Default ??

the wood section seems a little smaller than the leather section??
can they make them evenly..
Old 05-04-02, 12:27 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Are you guys asking for 2001 GS FACTORY wood steering wheel photos? Or are you guys talking about just the leather only wheel...I know that the 2001 Factory Wood wheel has thumbrests on it...the ones we're doing will NOT.

Also, factory wood wheels were an option in SOME regions. In others, like California, it was nearly impossible to get them (especially on the 2001+ models)...

As for the size of the wood, sorry, it's pre-cut dies. What you see, is what you get.
Old 05-04-02, 09:54 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by manaray
Since we have over 10 people for the GS style 3-spoke wheel, here is the price...

It's $384...plus $12 shipping (back to you).

Now if you NEED a loaner, you will need put down a deposit and pay a extra sum of cash...plus shipping of the loaner to you and then shipping of the loaner back to us. I am working on the prices so I will post it soon.

With wheel removal, it takes only like 10-20 minutes it's not hard but if the airbag scares you, then have someone else do it...someone who knows what they're doing!

As for the BURL PRINT, here is a sample from their website...I have decided to do the BURL on mine so I will take some DETAILED (close up) photos when I get it back. I have just had my wheel removed today so I will be sending it out soon.
Manaray,
OK so the group buy is now in effect?
I have $384.00+20.00 (slant)+12.00 shipping. Do they need a sample for matching from the car?
Im ready to do this on Mon/Tues.
thanx
Old 05-05-02, 02:50 AM
eppan
Pole Position

I am in. However, what about the shifter **** on GS....anyone???
Old 05-05-02, 02:53 AM
eppan
Pole Position

Originally posted by manaray

Can you please kindly post step by step instructions (with pics if possible) to remove wheel.

Thanks.

--Eric

Quick Reply: Possible Group Buy: Wood Steering wheel