Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

Group Buy From VAIS Technology

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-10, 02:33 PM
memasterac
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just placed an order for the VML.

Can’t wait for you guys to answer my questions after the July 4th long weekend (GB promotion). I still want my previous PM questions (partial characters display & compatibility of my ipod) to be answered, though, either by PM or post here. Thanks.
Old 07-05-10, 04:59 PM
Jherb350
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a GS450h with ML and it looks like I'm going to need the SL2Vi-P4. Can you confirm if this will play videos while in motion?
Old 07-06-10, 11:22 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stevenoh2
I'm interested in purchasing the VML for my Toyota Sequoia 2008 Platinum with factory Nav. I just have a few quick questions:

1) Is there a way to install the VML and add HD radio at the same time (without having to replace my Nav or add another HD radio display unit)? My Nav has HD/SAT capabilities.

2) I'm looking to install the VML, add HD radio, and add the Nav system override by Presitgious Society (http://www.prestigioussociety.com/?page_id=138). Has anyone done this before? Do the two systems integrate fully? Any problems?

Thanks. Any help is greatly appreciated.

S.
Thanks for your interest! VML works with Prestigious Society unit for sure. As far as HD radio, it all depends on which kit you use with it.
Old 07-06-10, 11:22 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by memasterac
Just placed an order for the VML.

Can’t wait for you guys to answer my questions after the July 4th long weekend (GB promotion). I still want my previous PM questions (partial characters display & compatibility of my ipod) to be answered, though, either by PM or post here. Thanks.
Thanks for your order!

PM answered.
Old 07-06-10, 11:23 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by Jherb350
I have a GS450h with ML and it looks like I'm going to need the SL2Vi-P4. Can you confirm if this will play videos while in motion?
You do need SL2Vi-P4 since you have a ML system in your car.

SL2Vi/SL2Vi-P4 will not play videos in motion. You will need a Prestigious Society kit for that.
Old 07-06-10, 11:54 AM
stevenoh2
Driver School Candidate

Default VML + Prestigious + HD

Originally Posted by VaisTech
Thanks for your interest! VML works with Prestigious Society unit for sure. As far as HD radio, it all depends on which kit you use with it.
Is there an HD radio kit you would recommend? I need a little help. I just want to be able to get HD radio through my Sequioa NAV radio. Thanks!

Steve
Old 07-06-10, 01:13 PM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Is there an HD radio kit you would recommend? I need a little help. I just want to be able to get HD radio through my Sequioa NAV radio. Thanks!

Steve
Unfortunately we don't have any HD radio kits. But if you buy anything that doesn't emulate like CD changer, will work just fine with VML.
Old 07-11-10, 05:15 PM
new.era.13
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when is the next sale? i didnt get to order one before the deadline.
Old 07-12-10, 03:27 PM
stevenoh2
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by VaisTech
Unfortunately we don't have any HD radio kits. But if you buy anything that doesn't emulate like CD changer, will work just fine with VML.
"anything that doesn't emulate like CD changer"? What does this mean? Sorry for the basic question. Can I plug something like a UPAC-HDRT (http://www.pac-audio.com/PACProductD...ons_092308.pdf) to the VML? Does the VML has an additional input to plug the HDRT into?

Thanks.

Last edited by stevenoh2; 07-12-10 at 03:28 PM. Reason: link to UPAC-HDRT provided
Old 07-12-10, 04:36 PM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

"anything that doesn't emulate like CD changer"? What does this mean? Sorry for the basic question. Can I plug something like a UPAC-HDRT (http://www.pac-audio.com/PACProductD...ons_092308.pdf) to the VML? Does the VML has an additional input to plug the HDRT into?

Thanks.
No, you can't add UPAC-HDRT to the VML. Most of the devices available on the market emulate CD changer to add accessories. But you can only add one. So if you add VML that means you can't add anymore devices that emulate CD changer.
Old 07-15-10, 06:58 PM
soulsoarer
Pole Position

I just wanted to say thanks to Vaistech. Their product works great and they have good customer service. For $260 shipped, you can't go wrong with the SL2Vi video/audio ipod/iphone kit. Straight plug and play. I also did the navi hack but didn't do the destination switch. Haven't really found a need for that yet since I don't use the navigation a lot. However I know it pretty good where I can take it apart and wire it and put it back together quick.

In their emulation instructions they tell you to wait for a long beep and then three beeps before you flip the switch but mine only did one short beep, flip the switch, another short beep, turn off car, turn back on, and done. Please do read the instructions carefully to match up with your car applications since they have it for different models too.
Old 07-15-10, 08:55 PM
new.era.13
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when is the next group buy? or is the sale still going on? i want the SL2Vi
Old 07-18-10, 06:03 PM
SPNinjA
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by new.era.13
I want that one as well...
Old 07-19-10, 10:06 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by soulsoarer
I just wanted to say thanks to Vaistech. Their product works great and they have good customer service. For $260 shipped, you can't go wrong with the SL2Vi video/audio ipod/iphone kit. Straight plug and play. I also did the navi hack but didn't do the destination switch. Haven't really found a need for that yet since I don't use the navigation a lot. However I know it pretty good where I can take it apart and wire it and put it back together quick.

In their emulation instructions they tell you to wait for a long beep and then three beeps before you flip the switch but mine only did one short beep, flip the switch, another short beep, turn off car, turn back on, and done. Please do read the instructions carefully to match up with your car applications since they have it for different models too.
Thank you soulsoarer for your kind support, we appreciate it very much!
Old 07-19-10, 10:07 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by new.era.13
Next Group Buy will in September guys.

Quick Reply: Group Buy From VAIS Technology